Opinions - Cannabis hallucinations - fact or fiction

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by pokeymcsmot420, Apr 12, 2005.

1. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have heard that with certain strains of high quality bud it is not unusual for people to hallucinate, however I has smoked damn near every kind of kindbud he can get his hands on in amounts that awe most common stoners and has never came close to anykind of auditory or visual hallucination. I am wondering if anyone has experienced these "marijuana hallucinations" and if so how often do you smoke.

(just tryin to establish tolerance/lightweightness whatever)

oh yea, and dont get swimwrong swims not complaining or seeking hallucinations from weed or anything, if swim wanted to see things he'd chew some shrooms or somethin, just wonderin if this really happens.

2. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Fiction

Its not like mushies, acid or mescaline.

You might get some "pulsations", but will not "see things" (never halucinated "on weed")

How long have I been smokin' weed ?

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OK I'm better now..

Edited by: searcher

3. makeshift astro

makeshift astro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    not "real" hallucinations. some slight distortions, especially in peripheral vision.

4. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Ive had what i think is audio hallucinations when im REALLY high. I write down what i hear so i can play it on guitar later.

But its possible that the "hallucinations" are just my mind percieving the music or sounds i liten to differently.

5. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    When i was much younger and first started puffin I came across some wicked hash that made me see some pretty fooked up shiznit that came awefully close to acid visions. This effect was intensified one night when I smoked some off this stuff after getting really drunk. Word was the black was laced with something, i dont know, but i have never smoked anything cannabis related that made me that intensely high since.

6. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Absolute fact. I have extremely vivid hallucinations(visual and audio) on strong sativas.

7. LeadCenobite

LeadCenobite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Smoked half a 1/4 oz weed after taking around 2-3 cold pills containing dxm during the day. Not a fun trip. I heard and saw things. Not like things appearing..but more like I saw objects in the room doing things and people saying things they really werent. I was really paranoid and felt like I was dying..my heart was beating outta my chest. I'm sure some people remember this lol. Yeah dont try this cuz it feels deadly and i thought i would never live another day! Seriously stay away from pills and weed mixing..bad idea man.

8. roidrage

roidrage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    used to get both visual and soundhallucinations but not any more

9. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Go buy a quarter and cook it into brownies then see what you see, cooking makes it much more effective, and in large enough quanities cannabis is a hallucinogen

10. timmytheturtle

timmytheturtle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    2 days ago i heard nirvana on the radio in a dairy queen.. until my friends advised me there was no music playing. But I have never seen anything from ganja.

11. variation

variation Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've hallucinated from good buds, they are mild, but usually like
    slightly faded patterning in dark areas of rooms, with lights very
    dim... kind of like how some see grid like coloured patterns, or flower
    like stuff in dark corners of rooms on acid/shrooms, but this is weaker
    and more faded, not like the strong detail transformation type
    hallucinations.

12. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I have had some good auditory an visual hallucinations on weed. The other day I smoked a bowl and tried to go to sleep but I couldnt because my wall was changing colors and shit. I also hear voices calling my name sometimes.

13. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey, thakns for the input every1

tried the brownie thing, got a wicked body buzz for a good 5 hours but no hallucinations.

penguin phreak, you sound confident, what kind of sativa strains have given you hallucinations at how much smoking thru what method etc etc......

14. dletterman

dletterman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I get auditory hallucinations sometimes after alot of bud, mostly just the sounds of someone walking towards me if im outside, I think its mostly from paranoia thought.

...but visuals never.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    my first couple marijuana experiences,i would here people walkin behind
    me VERY loudly, look to see nothing there. i have "had" people pinching
    me, whispering my name, felt the presence of another being behind me.
    most of that was after a couple times of smoking when it finally hit
    me. But after thinking that THC was the best drug ever. i went to the
    source of the pot, to find out that it was laced. with aLLoT of shit.

heroin

pcp

coke

lsd

yeah, so, i understand all hallucinations.

16. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swimhas only ever hallucinated on weed one time,I was on 60mg of adderall and had smoked 2 J's with some friends inside one buddies car. they were then going to a football game standing in line, I was high as fuck and couldn't feel any part of his body. well his one friend needed to tie his shoe so he handed swim his drink, as he gave it back the kid said "thank you" and about 2 seconds after that swim heard the scoreboard say "Thank You." then I was like "dude u called that, how did u know the scoreboard was gonna say that?" everyone was like wtf, and swim still feels like an ass lol. well thats the only hallucination swim ever had.

-VIKE

17. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    From my understanding of this issue it depends on the strain of weed and most importantly the person.

Some people get visuals on weed some don't. People that do get visuals generally get them only mildly to moderate and mostly in the peripheral vision.

From reading these post this is the first time I have heard of people get auditory effects from weed, but I guess some people do.[​IMG]

18. 42itis

42itis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes, marijuana can cause hallucinations that are similar to acid trips in some people. It is classified as a hallucinogen the same as LSD. Perhaps you know how much better you feel about life after you smoke? Well, some people refer to that as a hallucination! LOL

19. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ill try eating sometime to get that body buzz, i get slight visuals off
    weed when i smoke reallly really nice shit alot. I always hear
    weird shit but then again i do on most other things, not too
    unusual. I got a whacked out head.

20. max17

max17 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I've heard some things while high - like Green Day's song. I also "saw" some things while being high on quaility pot - while driving. I've smoked for 6 months now and those are only times i saw or heard things, so I think its possible, but rarely happens.

peace out :)