Cannabis just doesn't do it anymore...

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by mynameisshaun, Jul 24, 2006.

1. mynameisshaun

mynameisshaun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I have been smoking pot since he was 13. At first, it was obviously GREAT for SWIM. He loved it, he could get stoned off his ass to the point of forgetting where the hell he was or why he was there ( without it being a scary situation ). But now that I am 18 and has indulged in many other drugs he finds that marijuana just doesn't do it for him anymore.

He tried to stop smoking for 2 weeks and then hitting a couple big bowls to see if it would make him enjoy it once more but it was the same , sedated, hungry, bored "high" that he always gets, even when smoking everyday for a long period of time.

I used to LOVE pot, he wants to get the awesome high feeling back but thinks the acid trips he has experienced have ruined his psychological tolerance or something along those lines.

He's tried different ways of smoking his pot, different strands, everything but baking a brownie.

What should he do?

2. rsmo

rsmo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is this your question >> "What should he do?" ?

If this is your question I can answer this >> -I didnt manage to read and conclude from your post what exactly you WANT to do...
    But I think in any case you should do that thing that you want to do...
    Do you want to turn back time so you can be 13 again and get stoned that way...? Dont know if that is what you want to do... If it is... I dont know how to be 13 again... but you can get stoned "beter" now...

maybe with beter weed?
    other kinds of weed?
    more, more, and more weed?

maybe beter weed?
    mix some weed with skunk and hash... and maybe some other various drugs you like...?

it is posible that acid has ruined that parts of the "dope" system in SWIM

When SWIM cant get high from weed... I usually might do some of the few things mentioned above

Ussualy moRE weed....

peace

3. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I have been using weed heavily for 7-8 years now and its still fun. He takes breaks during the summers and only smokes occaisionally for a few months. He also goes between several countries so he smokes hash for some time and then goes to weed and then back to hash again.

Also smoking with different people in different surroundings helps. Smoking in a room, near a pool, on a beach, cruising in a car, in the forrest, in the desert. They are all different experiences that can be appreciated.

Even with high tolerance you can still enjoy weed. Just change strains or change types (weed or hash) or just move from regs to chronic or the other way around.

You can still make it fun by changing what you do while high.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Try a new hobby. Go camping and mountain climbing. Collect insects. Take up Oriental cooking. Write a book. Take some classes. Do something novel.

Sounds like continuing to smoke is like flogging a dead horse. Give it a rest.

5. rsmo

rsmo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah

rest for two days and then hit some water bong

6. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have barely missed a day in 20 years and the effect is attenuated but still pronounced. I have also found that eating the scorpions in the bug collection can enhance the high, though collecting bugs does not.
    Seriously though, taking a break should help. Also, over time You may find a change back to previous psychological outlook which may also return the high back to normal. However, I have found that no amount of abstinence on those rare occasions seemed to bring back that effect I remember from the distant past when I started to smoke.
    Just don't bolster weed's reputation as a gateway drug. Or become an alcoholic. It's okay if weed is a gateway to a legal high. I have found that alcohol can make one forget where one is or who one is CONSISTENTLY if one drinks enough of it. It combines well with weed, too.

Good luck.

7. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, if Pot ain't cuttin' it any more . . . try shooting some Heroin (or try Tennis).

8. RPS

RPS Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I agree with Nag. Give it up for a while.
    And when I say give "it" up, I mean give all drugs up, for a while.

I have seen this happen to many people, and unfortunately they just start trying heavier drugs.

Hope this helps, My 0.02

Cheers
    RPS

1. 3/5,
      suggested against harder drugs as a solution
      Jul 28, 2006
  9. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    As SWIM sees it You has a number (about 4) choices
    1) Give it up for a bit
    2) Change when, where or who You smokes with, maybe contact some of yous Buddy's from when You was 13
    3) Get stronger weed or an extract like hash or oil (after things got a bit monotonous a spliff soaked in oil knocked SWIM for 6)
    4) Mix. find something else to enjoy with weed or enjoy weed with, N20 or beer might be nice for a change. After a period of mixing You might find a nice straight weed high refreshing.

:cool: Good luck rediscovering the joys of weed;)

10. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ^^This is so true.

I was in the same boat though not from such an early age.