Cannabis oil - long term storage

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Sickman, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Sickman

Sickman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I have some weed oil (just vegetable oil that has been sauteed in ground up pot.) The oil is about 8 months old and I was wondering if anyone knows if keeping oil around for a long time will cause some kind of a decline in potency...

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I do not know about Vegetable oil, but I do know about Butter and margarine.

I have kept Canna-margarine in the freezer for 2 years. It has not lose any potency yet.

I know a Swim who found some 4-year-old Canna-butter in his freezer. The taste was off a little bit, but it still kicked ass.

I used some 7-month-old Canna-butter, which was kept in the fridge, and it was still full-strength.

If your Oil has not been refrigerated, it will probably still last quite a while (after all, I have a 5-year-old bottle of Wesson Oil in the cupboard, and it's still OK). But just to make sure, toss it in the deep-freeze.

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The BIG enemy of tetrahydrocannibinol is light. Kept in the dark, such would last for a long time, though the taste is another matter. In bright sunlight - the efficasy of the THC drops rapidly.

Say that three times fast!

4. Sickman

Sickman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Thanks, I will be sure to keep it in the dark, and if/when it gets used I'll try to report.

5. catchingsignals

catchingsignals Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Swim just discovered that for years his mother stored her bud in molasses-colored jars in the bottom of the freezer!