Cannabis related to hair growth??

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by augentier, Nov 24, 2006.

1. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have noticed that whenever she smokes a lot of weed, the next morning her EYEBROWS have grown quite a bit. When she stops smoking, her eyebrows grow at their naturally slow pace. She smokes up again and the next morning, lots of brows. I am totally serious..she hasn't noticed whether it has "contributed" to hair growth on her head, legs, etc..

What do you think?:smoking:

2. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah, one time I smoked a quarter ounce of bud in a weekend, and by monday, he had a uni-brow... =P

jokes aside, that is an interesting observation. I am not sure what sort of affect marijuana could have in that process, though. it is detectable in hair, but I has never heard anything about it affecting hair growth rates. perhaps someone on the boards has better knowledge pertaining to the situation...

3. dirk

dirk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I remember some research involving the beard growth rates of Navy Sailors when at sea and when on shore leave.

The research involves the guys using electric shavers and submitting thier "clippings" every day to be weighed.

Apparently the increase in testosterone during the days in port (partying and doing whatever else they do on shore leave) was thought to lead to an increase in testosterone, which then lead to higher rates of beard growth.

So perhaps it's some wierd hormone thing going on. The only way to confirm this for yourself is to start shaving your eyebrows and weighing them every day :)

4. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM returned from holland with dreadlocks. Could that be in relation to the smoking of cannabis? lol

I have never heard of this before, would be interesting if anyone can come up with concrete evidence to back up or squash this claim. Would be strange if it was true that hair growth increased with Cannabis use. Hmmm..

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Eyebrow hair is known to grow quickly when shaved very regularly. Apparently Salma Hayek grew the unibrow seen in Frida herself. Perhaps this observation may not be cannabis related. Isn't hair supposed to grow quicker when one stays awake longer? Exposure to sunlight also causes hair to grow faster. Could these be factors? Perhaps You smokes joints sitting in the sun (though it's November now!). Who knows? Definitely a tricky one alright.