Combinations - Cannabis (Skunk) and Salvia Divinorum 60x

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by Veteran Joker, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Veteran Joker

Veteran Joker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's about 24 hours after SWIM mixed these two drugs together, lots of recordings and insights were made, and along with SWIM's friend we experienced the effects.

First off, this drug (Salvia) does not have any euphoric effects, not ones we'd traditionally associate with euphoria. Erowid's vaults say the smoked onset for Salvia is 30-180 seconds. Neither swim (and it was deicded as I wasn't high, they would be able to trip sit for swim's friend) nor his friend got high or tripped from smoking the salvia, so swim joked that their friend ended up paying £30 for a gram vial of cannabis, as it was making SWIM laugh.

Later, this nonchalance would be a detriment to swim's perceptions, but it was decided both would smoke some skunky Mary (It's very fresh, and very potent smell, so it's put into an airtight brown jar) which both were familiar with the tactile hallucenations it illicited.

Swim reccomended after about twenty they go outside to be in the field and swim played guitar. Whilst in the field concentric circles were noticed, then I decided to see "diamonds and rhombuses" and the circles changed into the desired shapes. Both swim and his friend went inside as it was fairly cold and the sun was setting. Swim ate a lot of food due to Mary inspiried munchies, swim's friend ate a little bit, although was definatly more high at this point, and also anxious as swim's parents were about, swim's father also asking for swim's friends (For the sake of me writing this I'd like to reffer to swim as Alpha and swim's friend as Beta) opinion of fourier transformation, and Alpha's hypothesis that whilst all sounds can be expressed as a series of discreet sine waves, it would be theroretically possible to make a pure square wave which would not be expressable as a sine wave (having such a system would require a perfect speaker that did not have any lag, which is physically impossible)

Afterwards, Alpha and Beta went back upstairs and smoked more cannabis and salvia in it, both smoking 0.1 grams (estimated. Also calculated that a light dose would have been 41 milligrams of the 60x, and heavy would be 75 milligrams. Unfortunatly there was no scale that precise in the house, so it had to be eyeballed) then tried to watch "Things are tough all over". both were high and unable to follow the plot. Alpha after about half an hour of eating didn't feel well, so went to the toilet. During this time he felt uncomfortable all over, and the only way Alpha can think how to express it was "imagine the mind and the body being a calm pond, when a new thought or sensation happens, this causes ripples in the pond, which reflect upon each other as they bounce back to make new ripples. The ripples, the sensations became intense, unplesant, turning the pond into a storm. Alpha finished using the toilet, and to combat the nausea Alpha felt, lay upon the floor naked to reduce body temperature. This nullified the unplesant feeling.

In retrospect, Alpha suspects the unplesant feeling of nausea was caused by eating too much. before, during and after the unplesant feelings subsided, Alpha peaked on the Salvia (which was definatly known not to be the skunk) and began to experience wonderful, multi spectrum coloured (structured rainbows) geometric objects, four triangled pyramids, also pyramids with square bases, hexagons, polygons, pulsating rhomboses and trapzeiums. The significance of the number three became almost trance like.

After ten minutes (Alpha's sense of time was distorted, but ten minutes was accurate by the watch) Alpha came back. Beta was clutching the pillow and rocking back and fourth saying he was turning insane. Alpha (who's peak had passed) stopped chanting "pyramids have four triangles, trianles equal 180, three points" and returned to comfort Beta, reminding him that he was high and that the trip would subside. Beta was upset that it was lasting a lot longer than Erowid said so, and Alpha surmised that cannabis prolongs the influences of the salvia. It was not Alpha's first experience with salvia (although Alpha only noticed blurred vision and a slight narcotic effect for the first time, on crude 10x extract, smoked and taken sublingually at the same time, a trip sitter was present at the time, but nothing untoward happened) but this time Alpha as well as Beta broke through.

Alpha and Beta confided in each other personal things which I am not at liberty to disclose, Beta was calmed down and went home to write about his experience. Alpha rung up their boyfriend to share what was learnt and now, it's being written down.

The substance is still legal. Alpha lives in the vicinity of a number of organic chemistry labs and pharmacologists, and is hoping to organise clinical research into the plant and it's psychoactive effects.

Alpha's summary: Salvia is a profound drug. The insights it offers may not indeed be plesant, as it could make one be abruptly introduced to a truth and insight they did not want to see. I (Alpha, not the author of this transcript) am reluctant to do this anytime soon. I did not find the trip plesant, but the perceptions and benefits I gained from it were remarkable and wonderous. It's hard to properly express in clumsy words just how profound this plant is, but I know the next time I am looking for insight, and not recreation, I will turn to Salvia Divornium.

Also, this drug is currently legal in England, and after taking it I can understand why. It is not recreational. But the insights offered are of such immense benefit that I feel I am one of a very lucky few.

- End of Summary -

I will try to get a summary from Beta on his Salvia trip, if he feels like writing one. If anyone has questions, I will get answers to them.

2. Veteran Joker

Veteran Joker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Cannabis (Skunk) and Salvia Divornium 60x

Additional: Alpha says he also smoked a small amount of his tobacco they found earlier that day. Dry as a bone, and after a tiny, tiny smoke got a powerful headrush and a slight headache. This was estimated to be seven hours before the trip.

3. Veteran Joker

Veteran Joker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Cannabis (Skunk) and Salvia Divornium 60x

Beta's salvia trip started off the same as Alpha's. Neither one was getting high, other than a slight stone from residual cannabis in the pipe. Eventually, after nonchalantly labeling the salvia as "expensive weed" they smoked larger and larger doses, far beyond the recommended amount for such a strong extract. Nothing was happening, and Beta was beginning to believe he had wasted his money, although he remained as optimistic as possible, denying allegations that what they were smoking was nothing more than ground-up cannabis leaf. After a few capfuls from the gram vial were smoked, Alpha decided it was time to smoke some higher quality cannabis (skunk) and get properly stoned after a disappointing experience.

After the pot, however, this was revealed to be no ordinary stone. While out in the field, it still felt very similar and Beta was not yet able to distinguish the effects from those of pure weed. But then they came back to Alpha's house, and there were people visiting who Beta was unfamiliar with. He became very distressed at the prospect of being obviously high (still believing it was only pot, but completely blazed) in front of a room full of "normal" people. This was the beginning of an intensely bad trip, although the anxiety was relieved temporarily when Alpha's father started to explain Fourier transforms to Beta, and he could still remember the information after the trip.

This was only temporary, though - the bad trip was not over. Back in Alpha's room upstairs, Beta became convinced that he would never have a good trip again (the last few times smoking pot had been bad trips as well). Thinking this was the last time he would ever smoke, he wanted to go out with a bang and burn through his entire stash in one sitting. Alpha protested that this it was not only impossible to smoke it all but it would also be a catastrophically bad idea to even try it. He wouldn't allow it, but Beta was still adamant about never smoking weed again.

Beta still was unaware that he had smoked genuine salvia, and would be until much later in the trip. Meanwhile, Alpha's peak was causing him to experience not only nausea but also deep, insightful moments of clarity. He found the words to enlighten Beta as to the misunderstanding that had been the cause of not only the last few bad trips, but several months of increasing paranoia and depression. This took place while both were experiencing the peak of the salvia's effects.

At first the clash between Beta's existing views and the new insights that were being made was distressing, and he began to believe that the reality he had known before was all wrong and he would have to start his life over and forget everything he knew. This was the next stage of the trip, where the initial anxiety which was based on pre-trip knowledge became a frightening alternate reality which Beta could not reconcile with existing knowledge until the next wave of insight began.

The trip turned around completely after Beta asked in desperation, "So it was all bullshit?" Alpha responded, "No, it's not all bullshit! Reality is fine." This enabled a profound understanding of ideas that he had been groping at which increasing intensity before the trip, but had failed to fully comprehend. Not only the ideas themselves, but how they applied to his existing life, which was not bullshit after all. Alpha revealed that some of Beta's pre-trip insights had not been so far off, and he was not actually as out of tune as he thought. It was only a few key pieces that were missing from the puzzle. After this experience, life made sense again and Beta was at peace with the world, able to fully enjoy the euphoric effects of the cannabis.

Because the cannabis was quite strong, and the effects did not wear off quickly, the salvia experience also seemed to last longer than expected. Although Beta is not sure whether it actually prolonged the salvia trip or whether it was simply being stoned with the new insights that had been made whilst on salvia. In fact, even after returning home and chatting with Alpha on IRC, Beta still was not convinced that any salvia had in fact been smoked, rather he felt that it was the combination of pot with the right set and setting. Alpha was now the one who had to persuade that it was genuine, and as the pot wore off Beta realised that Alpha was right. This had been quite different to smoking straight weed, and it aligned closely with salvia experiences others had written about (on Erowid and elsewhere).

The effects of both cannabis and salvia lingered throughout the next day. Beta was no longer stoned, but the pleasant afterglow of the cannabis was combined with the intensifying effects of salvia, and everything that day seemed more vivid and meaningful than usual. Two days after the trip (as this is being written) Beta is feeling a slight let-down effect and is a bit irritable, though he thinks this is only because he is tired. Both the pre-trip paranoia and the post-trip rush of ideas were not especially conducive to sleep, but the peace of mind that resulted will more than compensate.