Cooking - Cannabis tea didnt work

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by soer, Dec 4, 2004.

1. soer

soer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    boiled water, butter, shot of alcohol for 10 min. took off oven and stirred in gram of potent bud. let sit for 4 hrs. drank with bud still in it. no effects for 2 hours so hit GB.

why didnt it work?

2. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Because you have to boil it with a rolling boil for at least a half hour to an hour. Not steep it. It was not rough enough, or hot enough to pull the oil out. If you still have the bud, redo it.</font>

3. soer

soer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    was the weed supposed to be in the pot when i was boiling? if so, does it smell when being boiled?

4. soer

soer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    how much effect will a gram give me? same as smoking it? wut if i put 1/2 a gram in . will i still feel something? is there a minimum u must put in to feel something

5. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Sorry hon, when I have made canna butter, I have never used less than 1/4 oz. Most of the time I use at least 1/2 oz. So I cannot say what a gram would do, as I have never cooked with so little. You can try to put it in one cupcake tho and see what it does. When weed is cooked, it has a slightly different buzz. If you eat enough cooked weed, it has a psychotropic element to it that normaly isnt there.</font>

6. nooo

nooo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    onediadem

i want to make that but it just seems pretty easy to ruin. and that aint happenin. if i was making brownies why not just throw the pot in the mix? i mean i dont understand how making the butter would get me higher, i mean if its the same amount of pot as i would use to make the butter would it be okay to just throw that in the brownies all ground up like powder?

7. cheggyshaggy

cheggyshaggy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    you are better off grinding th bud and then boiling it... Most
    marijuana teas stone only because the thc is decarboxilated due to the
    heat AND plant matter is released into the water, not because the thc
    is dissolved in the water. THC is not water soluble. A better way is to
    get everclear and make shots....

8. soer

soer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    hmm boiled 9oz h20, 1"x1" block of butter, 5oz milk, 2oz 40% (80proof) vodka, and a gram of ground up buds together for 1 hr . drank . no fx after 4 hrs = me = pissed

9. GravityBong_Pro

GravityBong_Pro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I tried Weed tea also it didnt work for me either... and either did weed coffee....dont ask...

10. white_lighter

white_lighter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    just put on gram in some 151 its like one gram for every ounce and leave it in there for a few months but let me warn you dont drink it straight and if you cant wait just boil it slowly and dont boil it like alc to pan put it like in a pyrox jar like your cooking crack cause that shit will catch on fire but if you got any questions its called green dragon go look it up on the net

11. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    Natural sugar is very good at binding to the THC in my experience. I've read that sugar is very bad compared to butter and alcohol, but I've had really good effects from it, and I think natural sugar is better than the refined kind. Anywhoo, here's a quick recipe:

Salvia Mark's Pot Chai

Mix 4 tablespoons of maple syrup in 1ltr. of 2/3 rice milk and 1/3 water. Add two bags of Yogi tea(normal tea works fine, but yogi tea gives a very smooth taste), a small pinch of vanilla(optional), andabout 5g ofnormal weed(if you aregrowing weed yourself, you can use the stems and leaves that you don't want to smoke, just add more than 5g).

Simmer this for 30-45 minutes and enjoy.If you plan to make more later, save the weed and add it with fresh weednext time, so you get most of the THC out of it.

This recipe tastes delicious without the weed also, though the weed really gives a nice flavor.

Boom Shiva.

12. VoodooFeather

VoodooFeather Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    CrockPOT?

has anyone tried using a crockpot for some tea? Would that even work?

13. fiftyseven

fiftyseven Newbie

Reputation Points:
    when swim cooks with small bits, he uses olive oil in a small stainless steel cup, and heats about 50ml of oil and a gram of weed, over a propane torch, and then he mixes it with something tasty like spageti or somthign.