Cannabis was better "back in the day"

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by searcher, Aug 7, 2006.

1. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    I remember smoking a j and being high most of the day, red eyes, sleepy. Even haze and KB doesn't do it anymore.

2. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Know what you mean, the only kind swim found that will still do that is called medicine man.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    The weed wasn't stronger back then, you's THC receptors were. Weed is getting stronger all the time.

1. 5/5,
      Short, to the point, and oh so true!
      Aug 7, 2006
  4. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This means that it once did do the job, and therefor, one should consider the fact that they have changed, rather than the herb. It only makes sense that someone would get higher in the early days of smoking, than after years of smoking. The human body is adaptive and can become very accustomed to being high, so its no surprise that the high is less intense and doesnt last as long after all these years. So if you're saying people use to get higher from weed when first trying it, then it makes sense. If youre saying that weed was better or stronger back in the day, then we have a difference of opinion hehe, peace...

5. tooktomuch

tooktomuch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    awww.briancbennett.com_charts_fed_data_thc_all_72_01.gif

looks to me that it has been going up.

6. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I find that chart interesting. He is wondering just how it was set up, as he remembers reading in several books that Hashish has a much higher THC content that most weed. Unless sinemilla means something else in this case.... But Hash Oil should be the only one with a THC content higher than hash.

Me thinks too much soap bar was included in the calculations!

And it isn't that the weed is getting worse, its swiy's tolerance. If You would try some good hashish after smoking all that weed he would definitely get stoned. Maybe even trying an unusual strain You hasn't tried before could help.

Taking a break is probably the best thing You could do. My friend swim just smoked yesterday after a three week break (he usually smokes every day, as he has been for the past few years with a few breaks) and he was completely blitzed off of one joint. By the time the third joint was finished he was extremely stoned, whereas just before the break it wouldn't have done very much to him. Taking a break is definitely worth it as you are just wasting money if you can't feel any effects from the substance, and tolerance doesn't take as long to go away as you would think.

7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I guess sinsemilla covers high-grade skunk in that context. Generally speaking skunk is stronger than most types of hash.

8. elbow

elbow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    sinsemilla means "without seeds" in Spanish.
    Nature Boy is right, nowadays the word sinsemilla is not used so much, but it refers to what is more commonly called high-grade skunk, kind bud, headies, etcetera.

In the US the term was used from the late '70's onwards to describe any seedless marijuana--of which only the buds were sold, in contrast to "brick weed" or schwag that is compressed cannabis and includes seeds, stems, flowers and leaves.

9. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have to check that book I was reading. Its called Hashish by Robert Connell Clarke. Theres a section showing the THC content of various types of hash.

In any case, I am judging from swim's experiences with Middle-Eastern strains of hash which definitely are way more potent than any type of weed he has tried. I don't have much experience with European and American hash so he can't really comment as to their potency.

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    No doubt there are types of hash out there far more potent than high grade weeds but lumping hash into the one category as that graph does possibly indicates that everything from soapbar to reasonably strong polm to bubble hash must be included. Hash (not including soapbar) sold in Ireland for example, greatly varies in strength but usually it wouldn't be extremely high in THC, certainly not compared to the skunk that's sold (or was sold at this stage :(). This could be the same for a lot of countries that wouldn't have a decent hash-producing neighbour within geographic proximity or have no tradition in making their own hash.

11. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    any one tried 45% THC hash oil ? Looks like that is getting alot stronger

12. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Hmmmm, yeah it would seem that this chart is more oriented towards the West, where all the low quality hash goes.

Its pretty sad/annoying. Even the good hash in Europe or the States is just ok when compared to the stuff you can get in the Middle-East and Central Asia.

And soapbar is just a monstrosity the likes of which even the devil can not fathom!

13. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I remember hearing somewhere on-line cant find the site right now. that some of the latest methods of producing hashish IE:-isolator hash or ice hash produce hashish with THC content of 60%+. I have been lucky enough to try it and he doesn't even live in the Netherlands,and boy its some dam strong stuff white widow was the strain used to produce it if I remember correctly, it made swims arms go all numb very powerful like a medical painkiller, awesome stuff if only it was bloody legal dohh!,mindless drug laws

14. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    60% Hash oil!?!?! SWIM's experiences with hash oil start and end at butane extracted oil. He feels a project coming on...

I am trembling with excitement.

15. Nargyle

Nargyle Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from peru
    Re: weed was better "back in the day"

Well, I live in the Netherlands and he finds that weed gets him much more high than hash, even top quality hash is not as strong as decent coffeeshop quality weed. He wonders what the reason for this is, since he always thought that hash had a much higher thc % than weed.

16. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda

Hydroponically grown weed (skunk) can be stronger than hash, but hash has other cannabinoids in it too which make you relaxed and hungry!

17. tayo

tayo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

go to vancouver or seattle and find the right people everything is half sparkles

18. Zee

Zee Newbie

Reputation Points:

This is a pretty newbish question but here goes it:

How do you... smoke hash oil? Or what would SWIM do with it. Ingest, coat it, or whatnot. SWIM honestly has no idea how that potent poison gets in the system.

19. hoodabudda

hoodabudda Silver Member

Reputation Points:

hash oil is the shit.swim just puts a drop on a bowl and smokes it.it also wets the weed so the bowl can have 20 or more hits on it.panic attacks are likely with high doses...the euphoria gets replaced with straight up fear.5 hits and I am not goin anywhere except la la land

20. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o

Swim still gets some pretty good weed from time to time, but yes I has noticed a difference in quality from the cannabis now and that of just 9 or 10 years back.I remember back in 97 he got this very lovely cannabis.It was the brightest green imagineable,it was hydroponically grown from what swim heard and our name for it was lollipop bud.This stuff not only tasted good and smoked very smoothly but it had a faint and almost fruit like odor.Just a dime of it could easily get two people pretty uh fucked up to be honest.