Cooking - Cannacheese Sandwhich?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Nahbus, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey, just wondering if this would work.

I'd like to take a slize of cheese, put a layer of ground marijuana on
    top, then place another slice of cheese on top of this. Put the
    cheese/weed/cheese inside two slices of bread and pop in the microwave
    untill the cheese melts together.

Do you think this would be enough to release the THC into the cheese? I
    only ask because I have a small amount of pot left which I cannot
    smoke, because of my wicked sore throat.

Maybe I'm better off making a little vaporizer with a test tube? This would still irritate my throat, though.

The cheese sandwhich sounds really good right now, and so does the marijuana. Hopefully it would work? Thanks fellas.

2. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    I've tried it once before school, just popped it in the micro and got midly buzzed, not as much as I should have been but definetly buzzed. THC goes with fat, so theoretically it should work. I've gotten much better results from cannabutter though.

3. Diphenhydramine

Diphenhydramine Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Goddam that sounds good, gonna head off right now...

4. uqlfy

uqlfy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I read once that microwaves destroys THC if you use one to dry a
    plant. Something to do with the way microwaves heat water molecules. If
    true I wonder if it might be better to bake your cheese sandwich.

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Sorry for the bump but someone with enough green to preform this should tell us the results

Edit or someone who has enough to tell us how much is needed for a good buzz

6. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Uqlfy, microwaves work by heating water molecules. They would kill any plant. If you put dried plant material in the microwave though, there shoudln't be any problem if there is no water in them.

7. sg43

sg43 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Generally I have heard you need to eat 3 times the amount of thc you would smoke to feel the same level of effects.

8. Sickman

Sickman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I can't find a cite at the moment, but I believe I've heard the other way around -- that ingested weed will metabolize in such a way that the effect is 3 times stronger than if it was smoked.

In swim's experience, this is true.

9. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Couldn't hurt to add some butter to the sandwich, as THC is alcohol and oil soluble, so the more fat, the better the absorption.. Also, the dose eaten is pretty near the same, once you get up to the gram dose or more, however it is a more overall body buzz, as opposed to the cerebral stone of smoked pot... And THC metabolized by the liver (such as when eaten) is supposed to turn the THC to a stronger, more psychoactive form..

10. Urban

Urban Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    any results............
    I like the idea......

x

11. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Here's a better idea for the sake of potency and effeciency...

two slices of bread butterd on both sides (cannabutter is best)
    add a slice of cheese and a layer of finely ground marijuana between the bread.
    throw in a frying pay at medium heat until browned on one side, flip and let brown on other side.

enjoy :) this will allow for more absorption and less thc loss... and will taste much better too!!

edit to add background-
    I know the "microwaves destroy thc" subject is contiversial... but swim's family eats canna-everything... all food is prepared with cannabis and over the years they have learned from personal experience that food cooked with butter/cheese on stove or double boiler is ALWAYS more potent them in microwave.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  12. Chilly_Willy

Chilly_Willy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    this idea of a cheese sndwich mixed with chron sounds good. My question is if u take two pieces of bread then put slices of cheese on both pieces, then chron in the middle, how much chron would u need for a low-mild- or extereme high. Also when u cook this would it smell? I have a 3 speed fan but im not sure if this would mask the smell.

Thx for the help

13. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    cooking marijuana will smell like cooking marijuana. if you live in a home that doesn't allow marijuana, probably best not to do it.

a single dose of good weed cooked is about 1.5 grams. ... but then again what I consider good weed and what you may consider good weed could be completely differant worlds.

14. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I am intrigued. He misses eating hash as its much easier and he knows more ways to prepare it since it has so little plant matter to begin with. Weed is annoying for him as the teas he has made have come out just ok (granted he uses leaves and stems for the most of it) and brownies are a pain to make for him.

Does this actually work with a good degree of efficiency? I am incredulous but thats just him and lack of experience with cooking weed. How much would be a good amount of grass to put in the sandwich? I don't have cannabutter and isn't planning on making it anytime real soon so all the THC would be from straight up ground up weed.

Is more or less cannabis needed with this method? Most recipes I has seen call for an extraction of some sort first to make things easier, but if this actually works well he would like to try it out.

15. chAos

chAos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from belgium
    Weed doesn't release it's THC in water. So making tea out of it doesn't work well.
    Since both butter and cheese both contain a lot of fat, this should work at least as well as brownies.
    You could off course make cannabutter out of the weed :). He should just grind it up, put it with the butter and let the butter melt in the microwave.

16. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well swim makes the tea using milk of course :p He meant it wasn't his preferred way of ingesting THC, not that it wasn't working.

lol thats pretty ghetto cannabutter. I could try that but think Pinkavvy's method sans cannabutter looks quite appealing. He is just looking for more info about it.

17. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Cannabutter is great, but for lactose intolerant people like SWIM, olive oil preparations are much easier to tolerate..

18. Zoso

Zoso Newbie

Reputation Points:
    58 y/o
    Swim once ate cheese on toast with fresh green morrocan hash crumbled on it just as the cheese was melting. Not only was it fantasic but it got better and better with every bite.
    Be seeing you.
    Zoso:smoker: