1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - "cant feel the left side of my face"

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by c_smith992, Mar 23, 2012.

1. c_smith992

c_smith992 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was listening to the song Rollin (Remix) by Kid Cudi feat. Jackie Chan with my buddies the other day and I noticed at one part Cudi says, "cant feel the left side of my face". My friend Jonathan (names have been changed) says "OH! Kid Cudi says the LEFT SIDE of his face goes numb too when he is rolling! I thought it was just me!"

I have never tried MDMA or Ecstacy, but I am prescribed Adderall (Amphetamine Salts) for ADHD. I have never had my face or any part of my body go numb while on it, but Jonathan was telling me that sometimes when he is on his Adderall or Ritalin the left side of his face goes numb.

What seems more stange than just having your face go numb is the fact that Jonathan says it is specifically the LEFT SIDE of his face that goes numb and the lyrics of the song say, "cant feel the LEFT SIDE of my face"

Is it purely coincidence or is that actually something that happens when you are rollin?

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    No, Kid Cudi is the third leading cause of strokes.

3. iceflame

iceflame Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    That cannot be normal.

You need to tell him to get checked out, if it's not some form of stroke or palsy there maybe something neurological going on.

Numbness isn't normal, do you know if he has any other symptoms?
    Weakness, slurred speach?

You can't define something as reasonable or plausible by finding a similarity in the lyrics of a song.
    There's a big difference between the frozen sensation some people get from stimulants, in the extremeties for example, and numbness down the LEFT SIDE.

I listen to his music regularly and his references to drugs aren't based exclusively on MDMA/XTC.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  4. Ontario

Ontario Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Kid Cudi is most likely refering to drinking promethazine, codeine and sprite aka purple drink.

As for your friend, I dont know.

But I dont think Kid Cudi eats bombs, more likely to drink that purple shit...but what do I know.

5. c_smith992

c_smith992 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks for everyone's responces. I've never had any sort of numbness or even a "tingly" euphoric sensation from my prescribed stimulants for my ADHD, but I will mention this to my friend that seem to get a numbing feeling. It kinda worries me now that I know it isn't normal hah

6. plexx

plexx Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This thread is embarrassing.

My guess is that "Cudi" is left-handed and is referring to cocaine. Cocaine isn't just a stimulant, it causes localized numbness too. My friend told me when he snorts cocaine, these effects cause him to feel mild numbness on the side of the face he snorted on especially the nostril that the cocaine travelled through.