Can't Piss!

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by Stan Mar5h, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Stan Mar5h

Stan Mar5h Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've been shooting a mixture of demerol and tramadol (no APAP) on an 48 hour binge. It's been incredible, but unfortunately I cannot keep up with my job if I continue any longer. My last dose was 10 hours ago, and I haven't pissed in 2 days! And I still can't! I feel like I'm going to burst! Never been an addict, but I've shot heroin on and off a few times, never as bad as this. How can I help aid the urinary retention, OTHER than just "waiting it out"? (By the way, I'm a guy.)

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    You could try having a couple of beers. Other than that, do drink a lot of water to make sure your kidney's haven't shut down. If this doesn't work - get your butt to a doctor. You may have a more serious problem than you think.

3. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I've read before that amphetamines make you piss alot, and from SWIM's experience it does, though you probly should stay away from drugs incase it is a big problem, should be fine with a couple beers though, and that should make you piss if anything.

4. anabolictrio

anabolictrio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from italy
    take a supplement with 100 mg. of vit B6 for a week or so...

Solgar is a good brand.

5. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    12 hours is long time to go without pissing. 24 hours is dangerous 48 hours without urinating is likely result in some sort of internal complication.

I say go see a Dr. and get catheterized.

6. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have to agree with Woodman on this one. If you havent pee'ed in 24 hours then you should go onto high alert. I know with opiates that they can cause you to not be able to piss, or shit. But you need to be Conscious of these things.

When my brother got his ACL repaired, he was taking morphine on the .1g basis every 10 minutes. The kid couldnt piss for 3 days. But at least 2 times a day they would catheterize him. It's to be safe.

Know the human blatter can only hold slightly over ~1000ml of fluid. If you havent peed in 2 days then your running a hugh risk.

Muirner

7. oggy

oggy R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Drink more water and grapefruit juice, I find that helps.

8. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree with the water and grapefruit recomendation. Swim also recomends cranberry juice.

9. HandyMan81

HandyMan81 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Important!!!

2 different things you could try before going to a doctor, while MY advice is go to the doctor NOW!!!

RETENTION OF URINE IN THE BLADDER

In this condition the bladder is distended but the person doesn’t pass urine. It may be due to constriction of the urethra, enlargement of the prostate gland, or perhaps a stone in the urethra. The causes may be many, but the cure is simple.

Threatment

Take two towels or sponges, one dipped in hot water, the other dipped in cool water. About every minute, alternate placing them in the bladder area. This alternation of hot and cold stimulates the bladder, and the person easily passes urine.
    If alternating hot and cold compresses isn’t completely successful, apply punarnava paste (punarnava powder with sufficient water to make a paste) to the skin directly above the distended bladder. Leave it on for about half an hour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for method 2....Precautions.

Don't serve yourself.

Alcohol also tightens the bladder neck to hamper urination. And since it's a diuretic, it increases the amount of urine that builds up inside the bladder. Drinking alcohol also makes the bladder operate a lot less efficiently. And the more you drink, the more problems you'll likely have."

Give a cold shoulder to cold medicines.

Antihistamines and decongestants can cause even more harm to some men. In fact, taking large doses of cold medications occasionally leads to urinary retention--a potentially life-threatening condition in which you completely stop urinating. "Decongestants cause the muscle at the bladder neck to constrict, restricting the flow of urine, and antihistamines simply paralyze the bladder."

Be wary of spicy foods.

Spicy and acidic foods bother some men with enlarged prostates. If you notice more problems after eating salsa, chili or other spicy or acidic foods, then you're among those men--and you should avoid that cuisine.

Manage your stress.

Perhaps the most underrated trigger is unmanaged stress. "Stress plays a major role in prostate-related discomfort, because the bladder neck and prostate are both very rich with nerves that respond to adrenal hormones. When you're under stress, there are more of those hormones floating around--causing more difficulty in urinating."

When to See the Doctor (my guess is right away)

An enlarged prostate may cause difficulty urinating, but you shouldn't experience pain. "The only prostate condition that leads to pain or discomfort is prostatitis, a bacterial infection that is treated with antibiotics. If you experience painful urination, coupled with lower back pain, fever and pelvic pain, you may have a prostate or bladder infection.

See your doctor!!!

10. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Handyman- Yet another excellent post filled with good advice, presented in a great way. Keep it up! :)

11. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Can i just point out that if urinary retention is present then drinking MORE water is a bad idea. I cant believe how many people have said this, If you havn't urinated in 48 hours then that isnt because you dont have enough fluid in your body. Drinking more water will compound the problem by adding more urine in your bladder that will eventually cause it to burst leaving you with life threatening problems. If you havnt urinated in 48 hours and you are feeling pressure on your bladder especially if it's pronounced go and see a doctor right away explain that you've had a high opioid dosage. You wont get into trouble as there is doctor patient confidentiality.

SOrt it out now, you may need a catheter but thats better than death.

My advice is go to a doctor and ignore the idiots on here that recommend further drinking of water or cranberry juice, neither of those will relax uriniary retention.

Edit: Due to me getting some bad reputation i felt i should add this point, people have said that calling people idiots for their advice is stupid. Can i point out that if people give advice it should be good advice or at least correct. Especially when we're talking about our own bodies and the use of potentially lethal substances and methods that could lead to fatalities. I support my comment earlier, if you give bad advice like some of that stated above you are still AN IDIOT!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  12. MORPHEUS IV

MORPHEUS IV Newbie

Reputation Points:
    He is right. Demerol has been known to retain your urine. It is quite common actually. But 24 hours is getting close to toxidity.........48 hours and you won't be posting in this forum. Drink lots of water, it that doesn't work, then your kidneys have most likely shut down for whatever period of time it takes to open back up. You may not have that luxury to wait it out.