Culture - Cartoon Acid (Drug Myth)

Discussion in 'LSD' started by LeadCenobite, Jun 28, 2005.

1. LeadCenobite

LeadCenobite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have heard that there is lsd called cartoon acid which supposedly you see cartoon type hallucinations etc. I heard its really rare to find and dangerous to use. [​IMG]How could there be such a thing? I thought lsd was like all the same pretty much, now people tell me there is two types? I also heard that if you see an anvil on your trip it means a bad trip will occur and theres no way to stop it and if you see the anvil its almost certain you will die. I don't believe this..Is this true?

2. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    i seriously doubt all that. it was probably a few people who all ate
    some acid and were tripping together and all had cartoony trips because
    they were talking about it (set and setting blah blah) and then it
    developed into an urban legend or something. how could they really make
    acid that always causes cartoonish trips? and even if they could that
    bit about the anvil is most definitely bogus.

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, that would be the power of suggestion. I suppose people whose minds have not developed past the point of cartoons would be likely to see cartoons on a trip. But suggesting to people that if they see an anvil that they will have a bad trip - that goes beyond being irresponsible.

If I say to you here and now: Don't think about a horse's white tail. What did you just think about? Get it? Who ever started this anvil story should, in my opinion, be taken out back and beaten like a rug. Don't think about what that would be like to watch - or you'll smile!

LSD is LSD. I am an organic chemist and I assure you these stories of 2 different types are utter nonsense. Pure BS.Edited by: nagognog2

4. hellion

hellion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Garbage.

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I've never experienced it myself while on LSD but a few friends of mine (all experienced) describe doing acid, as though they're living in a cartoon for a few hours.

But as far as "the anvil of doom" goes, I'm with hellion, it's garbage!

6. seldor

seldor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    That anvil story is utter bullshit

7. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ive heard of Cartoon shrooms as well, total shit hallucinations come from the recess' of your mind not from the drug the drug releases them

8. theLSDuser

theLSDuser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A TRIP IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!!! Thats all there is to it. You will understand thiswhen you get overacid's wow factor. Some people take trips too seriously and end uploosing their head. It is just another drug.

9. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
  10. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    LSD is defentally not like "any other drug".

First of all, think about some of the drugs that have been mentioned here in the forum. Pot, Mushrooms, both of wich grow in the wild natrually with no human interfearence. They were on the earth before we will, and they continue to grow with us.

Now lets look at LSD. Even though my knowledge of the chemical compounds that LSD has i can tell you it is much different. LSD is something that has to be made up in a lab, thus it is synthetic. Synthetic things are not natural, and do not exist with out human interatcion.

Also i would dare you to go into a trip with a bad setting, and a bad mood, because i can tell you that it wouldnt be a good trip. I can go to somplace in a pissed off mood, have no desire to be there, smoke a blunt and be happy. This is not to happen on LSD.

A mushroom high might last 6ish hours, and an LSD one is into the double digits. This is just another reason that LSD is different. Look at a weed high, the last time that you got high for over 4 hours was either the first time you smoked, the time you smoked a whole shit load, or the time that you were DXMing and smoked.

So, in the end, i say that LSD is NOT! "just another drug". It is a
    Hallucinogen, and on them you might not act or think rationally. That is why you can catch manslaughter charges for possession of many hits of acid, or lots of mushrooms.

Muirner

11. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    that's all total bullshit.

I would hope that you research and learn much more about lsd before you ever consider taking it. if you could think these urban myths could be real, you aren't ready to take lsd.

12. ventrue

ventrue Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    if you BELIEVE that if you see an anvil you'll have a bad trip, you most certainly will :) and if you BELIEVE you'll die if u see one, you just might...

13. swanprincess75

swanprincess75 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am surprised that things just dont change over the years. We did LSD back in the early 90's, and they tried to sell us that cartoon acid at high prices a hit!! We all laughed and went to another dealer. Just like what the other's said, it is up to you to have any trip you desire. Just like if you buy green acid, you see everything in green, totalBS!! Hey, if you want to see that anvil, go ahead and keep thinking that you will, take 2 hits, and there you go. Within 2 hrs it will be there, you'll start freaking out, then jump off a bridge or something.....dont worry about it, and dont listen to others that do what they do best, annoy the hell out of everyone and talk shit!!

PS. Notice my signature......"the ultimate high is all about attitude"Edited by: swanprincess75

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Shall we try the "placebo effect" and sell people blank paper? Then tell them the "Don't think about seeing nothing or you'll jump out the window" story....and then kick back and watch?

<evil nagonog mode...sawwy!>

15. swanprincess75

swanprincess75 Newbie

Reputation Points:

LOL I dont think im going to do LSD now for 20 years......[​IMG] For the people that PMed me asking what an anvil is, I found a pic for you. Blacksmith's use it to create their art and, if you really want to trip a friend out, you can do the old fashioned seriel killer way and tie it to their legs then "PRETEND" to drag them in a lake. Kids, do not try this st home......[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Misanthropy

Misanthropy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    LSD that makes you see cartoons specifically? Are you serious? [​IMG][​IMG]

17. pjbth

pjbth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Hippy Acid or Cartoon Acid?

Anyone heard this marketing gimmick for acid before? A friend of a friend was trying to get some acid and the dealer told him he had two kinds Hippy Acid and Cartoon acid apperently the cartoon acid would make you see cartoon characters!!!!

LOL its amazing what people will say to sell drugs, SWIM advised his friends, friend to stay away from anything that guy is selling.

18. Trebor

Trebor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from ireland
    I have a book that has pictures of acid and some of them have pictures of Scooby Doo and Mickey mouse. So maybe that's what he's selling. Isn't hippy acid the one that comes in the tabs?

19. pjbth

pjbth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I didn't get that impression as both were blotters. The dealer was trying to make it seem like the hippy acid made you all lovey and hippy like, while the cartoon stuff made you see cartoon characters running around. The guys lucky he didn't get his ass kicked as would have happened if I was there. (but i dont do drugs so i wasnt there)

20. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yous dealer is either ignorant, full of shit, or most likely both.