Catnip and other legal herbs

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by RoboCop, Apr 26, 2004.

1. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I have heard alot about smoking the Catnip herb and the supposivley marijuana-like buzz it can give. Has anyone ordered and tried this? If so I would like to hear what effects you achieved.

I was also curious of the effects of Amanitas, i have ordered and Oz. from an online vendor and will try it within 2-5 days of this post.

Pretty soon im looking forward to ordering alot of other legal psychoactives such as Hawain Baby Woodrose ( supposively the best way to go about getting a nice LSA effect), Dream herb, Damiana, Hops, Kratom, B. Lotus, Ayahuasca, and maybe datura. Any comments on any of these would appreciated, or if you know of any other substance that would be worth ordering.

2. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I knew a kid that smoked catnip. From what Iunderstand the effects are next to nothing. I have tried the dream herb which did produce more dreams but they were not all that clear. I have also tried wormwood which gave a noticable buzz at first but then the buzz never came back. Kava was somewhat interesting. Its effects are mild but noticable. Syrian rue was another interesting one. In high doses I did achieve mild tracers, and a nice body buzz, but with plenty of nausea. I would stay away from datura if I were you but kratom sounds like good stuff, but find a good place to order from.

3. psyko_tripper

psyko_tripper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have also tried catnip, but in teaform. The effects are mild but definately there. I felt a litlle spaced out and my vision was a bit off. But yeah, its still weak.

4. ShadyMilkman

ShadyMilkman Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Catnip is definitely weak, put if you're trying to get off weed or if you have to be drug tested, it works.

5. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Datura is one serious mindbend. Tread lightly. Everyone who has done it will agree, this isone to avoid, unless you like living dangerously, lol....

6. psyko_tripper

psyko_tripper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    touché

7. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    While anything is possible, this:

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/ethylacetate/nepetalactone.gif

Nepetalactone

and this:

http://www.drugtext.org/sub/images/thc.gif

THC

Are a far cry from similar structures. While it might be possible for the first to mimic the second somehow on a drug test (I don't see how at the moment as they are not functionally similar in ANY way) causing a false positive, the GC/MS which inevitably followed would clear up THAT confusion quickly.

I too have tried getting high off catnip in my MUCH younger days. It does nothing more than taste acrid and give you a headache and a slight to moderate case of nausea. A quick perusal of the structures will quickly lead even the chemically inept to the conclusion that it is no THC substitute.

Ipersonally believe thatthis is a case of just another widespread urban myth, and another piece of misinformation we should seek to dispel.

~KT

[edit]-The images won't show up?

8. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Might as well smoke oregano or bay leaves.

9. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Lol oragano, I actually read(mayeb some of you have read this article also) of someone exracting a bunch of oragano into a sticky tar like extract, and then smoked it, the person said it was very harsh on the lungs but effects where definatly felt. I dont think I will get bored enough to try this but thought i'd still post the info. ( he used alcohol extract of course, and extracted over and over) He even said he thought that smoking it would produce no effects like he knows eating the seeds where but he rather try smoking it.

10. wizard warior

wizard warior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    galangal is another interesting one very weak effects but worth a try.tastes really bad like spicy hot foul soup.