Changing bubbler water: how often?

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by augentier, May 4, 2007.

1. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I recently bought a glass bubbler and she empties the water after each use (because she has to stash it away where it would spill over) ..she was wondering if people usually change it this often, and if changing the water often will help reduce resin buildup, or would that make more of it? Other people I know who use bubblers or bongs don't change the water as often.

Also, another unrelated question..are we allowed to post pictures of SWIM's and you's paraphernalia?

2. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    theres no reason I could think of for wanting to save the bubler/bong water,swims pretty sure THC is not water soluble.sorry dont know about the pics,but theres probly a thread on it here somewhere.

3. ProtectedByTheGods

ProtectedByTheGods Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well, it really is a question of laziness I think.
    Optimally one would change the water after every toke, but who really does
    that? SWIM just keeps on smoking untill the water gets brown and dirty.
    By this time it smells pretty bad too, so it really is time by now to change
    the water.

If You has a bowl with a screen on it, which gets emptied of ashes the water
    will of course stay clean much longer than if You smokes like I do,
    with the smaller "all-in-one-hit-ashes-automatically-flushed-down-into-water"
    no-screen kind of bowl.

4. Frivolous248

Frivolous248 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am right...

I used to change bubbler water after each session for the same reason, but probably would do so otherwise, or at least every day.

Swim thinks its silly not to change the water each session, unless you keep your piece in the fridge where the water is gonna stay cold. Plus after a few sessions the water gets a lot grosser.

5. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Not to mention the more dirty the bongwater, the worse it will be if someone accidently knocks it over. P'hew!

6. bigloc

bigloc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think every time a new bowl is sparked the water should be changed.

7. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    unless it's packed immediately after the previous bowl, each bowl should have fresh water in swim's opinion. stagnant water can harbor all kinds of nastiness, not to mention the foulness of repeatedly-used water.

8. cra$h

cra$h Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Philly
    always thought it was pretty gross when people just didn't change the bong water. Just a clean bong always looks so much more appealing than one with murky water ready to stain it.

9. acer0169

acer0169 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Change the water each session. There is no reason to keep the water.. all it does it stain yous bong / bubbler and makes it smell like shite. I found out when hitting a bong with old water in it, it would often cause him to cough and it tasted pretty bad for a bong. Once the water was changed, I could take hits twice as large and it tastes great.

I am a big believer in changing water and cleaning pipes, bongs and bubblers often to keep the smoking as healthy and tasty as it can.

10. jgarlopa

jgarlopa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes, Cowboy was at a coffeeshop last week and accidentally blew out the entire contents of the bowl when he coughed while his mouth was still on the mouthpiece. The bong belonged to the coffeeshop, so he wasn't sure if water had been changed recently, but all that shit got on Cowboy's clothes and he could still smell it until he washed it all later.

11. acer0169

acer0169 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Bong water on clothes = needs new clothes ;).

SWIM once knocked over his friends bamboo bong, spun round and caught it (lightning reactions ;) ) but still managed to spill the water all over himself. It staind the top with a nasty rusty-brown and made him smell like he's just reenacted the escape from shawshank redemption ;).

Nothing could get the stink out, so SWIM threw the shirt out.

No idea how old that water was, but since then SWIM's always cleaned his bong / pipe / bubbler after each use to keep them smelling fresh :).