Changing social circles when one has alcohol problems

Discussion in 'Alcohol addiction' started by pink, Feb 26, 2004.

1. pink

pink Guest

Reputation Points:
    So if you have a problem with alcohol, as I have been living in a pub from the age of six then most of my life working in one and all my freinds do nothing but go out on the piss how do you escape this vicious circle. I know no different.......... I can change my social circle can I have lived and breathed this all my life where do I go?

2. str8ballin

str8ballin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You can start by going to AA if there is such a thing in the UK.If you truely want to put down the bottle there are ton's of programs out there that you can turn to and get help.

3. str8ballin

str8ballin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    What I'm saying is it's hard to fight it alone.Obviously you are asking for advice on this forum,meaning that you are open to the idea of people trying to help you out.Well that's all AA is.Other peoplethat have the same problem as you.I can tell you there's not alot of people on this forum that have an alcohol problem,or nobody speaks about it.

I'll tell you when I was fighting my cocaine problem I had to completely stop hanging out with the people that were in my social circle.Once I did that,I concetrated on keeping a steady job and finding other hobbies and shit to keep me occupied.Now I'm definitely not clean now but I'm alot better off then I was a few months ago.

The only kind of advice I can offer you is check into a rehab place for 30 days.If you have no job you should be able to find one while in rehab.After you get out,try not to hang around with your old friends because it will only lead back to the same thing.I know you've probably heard this a million times and I know alot of times rehab does not do the trick.But anything is worth a try you never know.

I'm just trying to help you out.Like I said I've never had any problems with alcohol so Im not quite sure what you're going through.Maybe somebody else can give ya better advice.

1. 4/5,
      Practial advice.
      May 10, 2014