chasing the dragon vs. opium

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by Omelet, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Omelet

Omelet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have never taken any opiates before, but is just curious about how "chasing the dragon" would compare to smoking opium...

any information would be much appreciated...
    :D

2. dr.gonzo

dr.gonzo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Chasing the dragon IS smoking opium, friend.

3. tangent1

tangent1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If You is talking about smoking heroin then I would say that it is a far more intense experience to smoking opium. The escalation in high is more dramatic and I would say that more caution should be applied. Little bit at a time would be his advise and wait a while before deciding that nothing is happening as with opium. If no opiates have ever been used then I would advise treating it with extreme caution.

4. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    "Chasing the dragon" is a method of smoking, which can be done with opium or heroin.

As tangent1 says, smoking heroin that way is more powerful, but many prefer opium becuase it is slighly more subtle and gives more pleasant dreams.

5. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am confused, so chasing the dragon is a method of smoking, cuz I has only heard it in reference to opium smoking, but you learn something new every day.

6. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    yeah chasing the dragon is a common phrase used in reffrance to smoking herion or opium. because as you run the substance it produces smoke which you folow ( chase) with a tube to get the smoke into your self. opium is sometimes preferd because it can be hallucinogenic where as h generaly is not.

7. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    That's correct:

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/heroin.htm

This method, i.e., smoking a substance from tin foil through a tube, whilst heating it underneath, can be used for heroin, opium, hash oil and other smokable drugs.

Opium is not really hallucinogenic in the sense that LSD or psylocybin is-- it makes the user drift off into dreams, during which he is semi-conscious.

8. BumpBump

BumpBump Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  9. JaWill88

JaWill88 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    interesting I has only heard "chasing the dragon" referred to heroin. at least on the street. opium is not hallucinogenic at all. and both will induce semi-conscious sleep and vivid dreams.

10. BumpBump

BumpBump Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    thats what I thought, but he was high as fuck never the less. Has You tried chasing honey oil?

11. samuraigecko

samuraigecko Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    "Chasing the dragon" has been explained before but is not what this thread is about. "Chasing the dragon" simply refers to smoking (started as opium) because One is always

"Searching for (chasing) that first high (which doesnt exist I.E: The Dragon)"

It is now common reference for smoking Heroin which is what thread starter meant.

Heroin and Opium smoking cannot really be compared but if it was to be compared then One would have to state this -
    "Heroin is specific and direct in its effects, One is high but not in a trippy way"
    "Opium is more abstract in its effects, it can be different almost every time"
    "Opium is more trippy in its effects, which is why alot of artists have used it for inspiration"
    "Heroin was designed for one thing and is the ONE opiate"
    "Opium is a combination of Opiates working synergistically"
    "Heroin is a Modern and in some views 'barbaric' practice" (not Ones view)
    "Opium is an ancient and 'elegantly underground' practice"

It comes down to personal preference really. Ones own view is that One would tend to trust my poppies (something he has seen growing and processed) rather than trust something that has been handled / transported / adulterated / jumped on / cut / degraded / impurities added etc. Just seems logical to One but One does not judge others for their own decisions.

Just My Opinion . . :)

12. Sandozboy

Sandozboy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If your a newbie chasing the H dragon will surely result in vomiting, while the O dragon is likely to cause thirst and itching.

13. samuraigecko

samuraigecko Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Chasing H wont surely result as such, Ones experience there did not end so. It all depends on how much one has, with H if one sticks to about half a point or less depending on body size then they should just feel pretty damn smashed. With O the same goes, my first experience with O was over 20 years ago in Asia, He had a smoke of a piece about the size of a pea. Threw up well 'n propper. lol.

Anyone looking for recommendations for dosage should look in the opiate dosage section. Everything is fairly accurate there.

:)

14. sweetsugar

sweetsugar Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

SWIM TOTALY AGREES!
    I tried smoking opium yrs before trying H(or any opiates), and wow what an experience swim yells to me! I was high for 2 days and throwing up on the 3rd.. Extreamly intense!

Extreme caution should be taken while taking any drug(s);)

15. funkymunkey

funkymunkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    i have been using methadone for a few days now in small doses of 20ml every 24 hours, i have managed to get some H and am going to chase the dragon I was wondering what dose to use as i havent used H for a few years now, i am opiate tolerant and can use in exess of 400mg codeine phophate a day , the methadone hasnt caused any sickness or bad reactions just great pain relief and also a bit of a nice gouch which im hoping will be stronger and longer lasting with the H any info advice would be much appreciated cheers