Cheese: Heroin + Diphenhydramine

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by emineo, Apr 3, 2007.

1. emineo

emineo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    As far as I am aware, cheese exists nowhere except for East Texas. Particularly, Dallas, which is where it is claimed to be originating from.

A friend of a friend's uncle's niece's baby daddy said that he had laid eyes on a batch that looked like parmesan cheese, or dried cottage cheese, hence the name.

It is being billed there as public enemy #1 now. Sort of reminds me of the opening days of crack's introduction in the US.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
  2. Spare Chaynge

Spare Chaynge Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is nothing more then a pure fabrication of the media. No one in dallas who is buying heroin is dumb enough to seek or even buy cheese if offerd because of the Tylenoel Pm. Unless its addict and he dosent give a care. I am seriously thinking that some guy simply cuts his shit with it alot and sells alot so people call it cheese probally because of the unussuall and what would be a shit affect just aad tylenoel pm sucks.

This statment in itself proves that this is just some low quality cut shit not something new at all that made its way into some extremely uneducated buyers.

"DISD Police, on April 18, 2006, identified the youngest known user of Cheese as a 13-year old. By Feburary 1, 2007, usage of Cheese was reported in the fourth-grade level at several elementary schools; Monty Moncibais, a detective of the Dallas Police Narcotics Division, stated that children as yDISD Police, on April 18, 2006, identified the youngest known user of Cheese as a 13-year old. By Feburary 1, 2007, usage of Cheese was reported in the fourth-grade level at several elementary schools; Monty Moncibais, a detective of the Dallas Police Narcotics Division, stated that children as young as nine years of age had abused Cheese.[9]oung as nine years of age had abused Cheese.[9]"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  3. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    The really bad stuff smells like Danish Blue!

4. cz-one

cz-one Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I dont know if i'm being dumb but what the f**k would the diphenhydramine do,in a concoction with heroin? doesnt this sound like some dumbass dealer cutting his wares with anything to hand,its been seized and analysed,and then purveyed as the next danger drug to warn the kids about! it makes me laugh thinking about a load of dallas cops at the start of the day saying,"we gots to get out there and bust us some goddam cheese before it kills our townsfolk"!!haha

5. IkBenDeMan

IkBenDeMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Diphenhydramine will make you tired, which will increase the nod, and inhibit CYP2D6, which may help potentiate heroin.

6. nancydrew

nancydrew Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    oh this is definetly a news scare here in dallas! i don't even have a tv, (abstient from that for about five years wooo!) but i was at my mother's house and we saw a spot on the local news about it. i myself am on the clinic currently and my mom had a lot of questions and we had a pretty candid chat about it.

wouldn't say that this is a total fabrication (but aspects of it certain'y are overdone by the media of course) and I have been aware of this as long as she has used heroin. many people in dallas have used this method of getting off on the tar for years. swim's bag has always been iv, but had friends that would use a small amount of water to mix the tar down and then add a crushed benedryl pill to form a powder. i think people started using the benedryl because it was more accesible than other more widely used cuts. the headshops around dallas don't really carry them nor do drug stores, but one can always find benedryl. the name of the cut escapes me right now..... I would say it is worth seeking out though because the diphenhydramine burns like a bitch!! this method has been used in other areas of texas as well. I was surpsied to see people doing a gram of some decent dope in one line in this manner and getting quite nodded out! she did this when she was rying to kick the spike and found it to be moreeffective than doing wet lines or monkey water as they call it in dallas. most of the monkey water would just end up going down the back of the throat and being swallowed.

some kid probably saw his big brother doing this and then i am sure it diffused that way. I did notice kids getting younger and younger at the dope house, but not that young. however, the media is blowing it out their ass when they say the mexican drug importers actually waste their time in importing the actual "cheese" to texas.

i believe benedryl was favored because it helped with the itchies and kicked in the nod or so i was told. more people use benedryl than tylenol pm.

hehe also, dallas is in north texas, not east texas ;) just a local thing, i know. we consider east texas to be our hick neighbors and dallas to be oh so much more cosmopolitan :wink wink:

people are probably also scared in dallas because of an epidemic of deaths due to high school kids in the plano suburb using very strong mexican black tar in a similar manner.

btw, syringes are very controlled and there are no needle exchanges. i think this breeds some new and interesting methods of administration.

I would hate to see what would happen if someone tried to iv this garbage though.

7. brown_chunx

brown_chunx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Diphenhydramine is actually a very good cut. This is the main thing that's used around here (st louis). But not benadryl. Benadryl's an allergy med, which is why it burns like hell. "Dormin" is a sleeping pill that ONLY contains diphenhydramine, and when used to cut dope, there is absolutly NO burn to it. Also, generic sleeping pills, most likely called "Diphenhydramin Capsules" work well.

8. paranoid_android

paranoid_android Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Benadryl is most certainly diphenhydramine. Diphenhydramine is marketed both as a sleep aid and an allergy med.

As for the burn... If Benadryl burns and other diphenhydramine pills don't, it's because of the binders and fillers used.

9. emineo

emineo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ...in the meantime, cheese!

East Texas plague sweeps the nation?

Brief search found no real results here or in other forums, just articles from the media.

Any my?

10. brown_chunx

brown_chunx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah, i know benadryls diphenhydramine. Im saying that it burns like fuck because of the other (sinus) ingredients.

11. aether_demon

aether_demon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am also in dallas, and while cheese is big news right now, swim's never heard of or seen anyone actually buying it already cut. everyone swim knows just gets tar and does as they please.

why would people even buy it like that? doesnt make sense

12. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ...or in highly-tolerant heroin users (which shoot large quantities) it may cause a wonderful delirium.

Reminds me of a recent news report about a "new drug" in France. A "combination" between cannabis and pulverized glass. Two victims already! Run for your lives!!

13. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Pulverized glass has been found as a cut to make cannabis heavier and more sparkly in brittain recently, this may have happened as well in France. Though they don't sell it as a new drug but rather to make more profit of cannabis sells.

14. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I know that powdered glass is often used to cut weed. And if a newspaper doesn't have anything important to write (happens everyday), they'll market anything as a sensation. Just like this cheese shit.

15. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Cheese? WTF?

This all sounds a bit too close to "Cake" which featured on a fantastic spoof documentary programme a few years back in the UK called "Brass Eye"

The second episode was called "Drugs", and is considered by many to be the most successful of the series. In the opening scene, a voiceover tells viewers that there are so many drugs on the streets of Britain, "not even the dealers know them all". An undercover reporter (Morris) asks a purportedly real-life drug dealer in London for various fictional drugs, including "Triple-sod", "Yellow Bentines" and "Clarky Cat", leaving the dealer puzzled and increasingly irritated until he tells the reporter to leave. He also asks the dealer if he is the "Boz-Boz", and claims that he doesn't want his arm to feel "like a couple day's fortnight in a bad balloon". Later on in the episode, in the same area, Morris dresses as a baby with a nappy on, and a red balloon like hat on his head, and again asks for "Triple-sod", and then says "last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop", repeating the last words to make fun of drug slang.

David Amess MP, the Conservative Member of Parliament for Basildon, was fooled into filming an elaborate video warning against the dangers of a fictional Eastern European drug called Cake, and went as far as to ask a question about it in Parliament. The drug purportedly affected an area of the brain called "Shatner's Bassoon" and was frequently referred to as "a made-up drug" (a drug, they were told, not made from plants but made up from chemicals). Other celebrities such as Sir Bernard Ingham, Noel Edmonds and Rolf Harris were shown holding the bright-yellow cake-sized pill as they talked, with Bernard Manning telling viewers that "One kiddy on Cake, cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It's a fucking disgrace" and that "... you can puke yourself to death on this stuff - one girl threw up her own pelvis-bone... What a fucking disgrace". Manning then informed anyone offered Cake to "chuck it back in their face and tell them to fuck off".

"Shatner's Bassoon" - ROFLMAO!!!!

Chris Morris, unfuckingdisputed comedy genius.

16. sl1p609

sl1p609 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    swim lived in east texas... greenville.. kids where talking about it. Even Moms would buy it... but swim cared anout was oc. vics heh... nways it just a new way for the mexicans swims in (5)/(75)Mcinney to make a buck...lol yeah but the new thing for the young teens is the Fent..pathces... one of swims friend OD buy chewing on a 75.patch...heh some of these south texans never say no... tooo potentcy...

17. Laudaphun

Laudaphun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    antihistamines would make you less itchy... I don't know about anyone else, but he rather enjoys the opiate itch. I noticed that somewhere the media had mentioned that the purity of this stuff was ranging from 2-8%, but only sells for 2$... Seems like a marketing tactic aimed at young kids.

18. C-rok

C-rok Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Deadly $2 heroin targets teens

POSTED: 2:09 p.m. EDT, June 12, 2007

• Authorities say there have been 21 "cheese" deaths in the Dallas area since 2005
    • Schools, police have begun campaign to try to stop the drug from spreading
    • Middle schoolers cheer after detective says U.S. has the most drug users
    • Dad of a teenager who died says: "All it takes is once"
    More on CNN TV: Watch "Paula Zahn Now" at 8 p.m. ET Tuesday to see what authorities are doing to try to stop the spread of "cheese heroin."
    From Tracy Sabo
    CNN
    Adjust font size:

DALLAS, Texas (CNN) -- A cheap, highly addictive drug known as "cheese heroin" has killed 21 teenagers in the Dallas area over the past two years, and authorities say they are hoping they can stop the fad before it spreads across the nation.

"Cheese heroin" is a blend of so-called black tar Mexican heroin and crushed over-the-counter medications that contain the antihistamine diphenhydramine, found in products such as Tylenol PM, police say. The sedative effects of the heroin and the nighttime sleep aids make for a deadly brew.

"A double whammy -- you're getting two downers at once," says Dallas police detective Monty Moncibais. "If you take the body and you start slowing everything down, everything inside your body, eventually you're going to slow down the heart until it stops and, when it stops, you're dead." (Audio slide show: A father describes his teen son's death)

Steve Robertson, a special agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration in Washington, says authorities are closely monitoring the use of "cheese" in Dallas.

Trying to keep the drug from spreading to other cities, the DEA is working with Dallas officials to raise public awareness about the problem. Authorities also are trying to identify the traffickers, Robertson says.

"We are concerned about any drug trend that is new because we want to stop it," he says.

Why should a parent outside Dallas care about what's happening there?

Robertson says it's simple: The ease of communication via the Internet and cell phones allows a drug trend to spread rapidly across the country.

"A parent in New York should be very concerned about a drug trend in Dallas, a drug trend in Kansas City, a drug trend anywhere throughout the United States," he says.

Middle schoolers acknowledge 'cheese'

"Cheese" is not only dangerous. It's cheap. About $2 for a single hit and as little as $10 per gram. The drug can be snorted with a straw or through a ballpoint pen, authorities say. It causes drowsiness and lethargy, as well as euphoria, excessive thirst and disorientation. That is, if the user survives. (Interactive: What is "cheese"? )

Authorities aren't exactly sure how the drug got its name "cheese." It's most likely because the ground-up, tan substance looks like Parmesan cheese. The other theory is it's shorthand for the Spanish word "chiva," which is street slang for heroin.

By using the name "cheese," drug dealers are marketing the low-grade heroin to a younger crowd -- many of them middle schoolers -- unaware of its potential dangers, authorities say.

"These are street dealers, dope dealers," Moncibais recently warned students at Sam Tasby Middle School. "They give you a lethal dose. What do they care?"

Moncibais then asked how many students knew a "cheese" user. Just about everyone in the auditorium raised a hand. At one point, when he mentioned that the United States has the highest rate of drug users in the world, the middle schoolers cheered. (Watch middle schoolers raise hands, admit they know drug users )

"You know, I know being No. 1 is important, but being the No. 1 dopeheads in the world, I don't know whether [that] bears applause," Moncibais shot back.

Authorities say the number of arrests involving possession of "cheese" in the Dallas area this school year was 146, up from about 90 the year before. School is out for the summer, and authorities fear that the students, with more time on their hands, could turn to the drug.

'Cheese' as common a problem as pot

School officials and police have been holding assemblies, professional lectures, PTA meetings and classroom discussions to get the word out about the drug. A public service announcement made by Dallas students is airing on local TV, and a hotline number has been created for those seeking assistance.

Drug treatment centers in Dallas say teen "cheese" addicts are now as common as those seeking help for a marijuana addiction. "It is the first drug to have even come close in my experience here," says Michelle Hemm, director of Phoenix House in Dallas.

From September 2005 to September 2006, Phoenix House received 69 "cheese" referral calls from parents. Hemm says that in the last eight months alone, that number has nearly doubled to 136. The message from the parents is always, "My kid is using 'cheese,' " she says.

Phoenix House refers them to detoxification units first, but Hemm says at least 62 teens have received additional treatment at her facility since last September.

Fernando Cortez Sr. knows all too well how devastating cheese heroin can be. A reformed drug user who has spent time in prison, Cortez had spoken to his children about the pitfalls of drug use. He thought his 15-year-old son was on the right track.

But on March 31, his boy, Fernando "Nando" Cortez Jr., was found dead after using cheese heroin.

"I should have had a better talk with him," he says. "All it takes is once. You get high once and you die, and that's what happened to my son."

He knows it's too late for his son. Now, he is using his son's story to help others.

"All I can do is try to help people now. Help the kids, help the parents."

CNN.com senior producer Wayne Drash contributed to this report.

----------

heres the link people

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/12/cheese.heroin/index.html

19. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  20. JDreaming

JDreaming R.I.P. Gold Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Re: Deadly $2 heroin targets teens

I'm wondering how they get something that consists of 50% black tar heroin down to a price of $10/gram. And I'm scheptical that it's really anywhere near "as big as pot". If this was sold where I live back when I was in high school, it wouldn't be all over the school... there'd be a little circle of 4 people using it and everyone would think they were weird. How many people would really want to make a habit out of snorting smack mixed with downer pills? Probably just a few hardcore junkies, right?