chemical immunity???

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by RunRedFox, Jun 19, 2006.

1. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have started to notice out of his test groups that about 3 out of 20 monkeys have no reaction whatsoever to tryptamines and phenethylamine. no pyschedelic effects whatsoever. the monkeys that seem to be immune are uneffected by phenethylamine and tryptamines alike. is there any explanation for this such as an altered brain chemistry, lack of neurotransmitter site etc. or no that i think about it im going to check the medications the monkeys are on to see if i can find further insight into this.

2. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Yea id check for any meds they might be taking. But other than that different people often have different reactions to psychadelics. Was a larger dose administered the the monkeys that showed no reaction to the original dose or were they completely uneffected by all doses. Maybe these monkeys just have a natural tolerance, not so much an immunity? I have noticed that some people get far greater effects from the same dose than others with the same experience with the substance. id be interested to hear other peoples views on the subject as well.

3. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swims monkeys doses were uped after they didnt have any notable effects. one monkey had 60mg's of 2c-x with no significant effects while all the other monkeys had 20 and were notably entranced. similiar situations have been noted with 3 monkeys in all out of 20. swim also notes that the 3 that had no effects were 3 of the somewhat more eccentric inexperienced monkeys...

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I must shadow IHrt's question about medications. 3 out of 20 sounds statistically correct for how many young people are being doped on SSRI meds. Find out what these monkeys are on. SSRI's will block out the most striking effects of the serotonin-based psychedelics. As well as MDMA.

5. robin_himself

robin_himself Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Swim can confirm this. Swim's friend was on medication (SSRI) and had a really high tolerance for phenethylamine substances. Although he had a high tolerance it didn't mean he didn't feel it in high doses. But the doses where to high to have a safe experience so he decided to stop.

6. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    SSRI's are evil I tell you. EVIL!

awww.psychohistory.com_reagan_122B.gif

7. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When I was perscribed Lithium for his bipolar disorder (amongst others, but he's sure it was the Lithium) he pretty much couldn't trip. Well, off mushrooms, anyway. Everytime he would take them he would kind of feel it, like it was about to kick in, but never would. I am glad he is not on that anymore;)

8. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I was under the impression that lithium (as well as tricyclics) makes ones response to LSD and mushrooms far greater than that of someone who was on nothing. And it was SSRI's that decreased ones response to them.

I have a friend on lithium and he always trips way harder on mushrooms and LSD than SWIM, and I have always thought it was the lithium.

Im pretty sure if these effects were felt it was one of the others SWIN was using.

9. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim checked one of his monkeys meds and it turns out hes not on any whatsoever, waiting to check the other two. is it possible some monkeys lack sub receptors that are integral for effect?

10. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I said it couldn't have been the others, because at one point he was only on Lithium and still couldn't trip. I do react very differently to drugs than most people, however. He's very sensitive, and seem to get rare effects from some drugs (i.e. Ambien and his full blown Alice in Wonderland TRIPS [on 10mg perscribed]. I amn't going to argue this fact to anyone, but he can assure you all that he tripped harder than he ever has for about a month, everyday ... landing in this bizarro world where he was almost like some sort of super hero. Very intense.)
    But yeah, I am sure it was the lithium.

11. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I has seen this happen with a few people but it was only the first few times they try a substance after that it always works as it should.

12. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hmm ive been talking to one of my apes on this immunity lately. it turns out my ape used to take large doses of seroquil of about 400 but hadnt a week or two prior to the experience, my thought is a blood level may be present thats inhibiting the experience. swims ape has now tried 75 mg's 2c-b, 25 mg's miprocin and 3 mg's DOI all with no success. swims ape may try LSD as a control but has been advised to completely discontinue any antipyschotic dosing.

13. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If he needs it thats not smart.

14. glogga

glogga Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  15. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well swims monkey is perscribed 400mg's for sleep? my understanding is 400mg's of seroquil is an anti pyschotic dose so it is unneccessary. swim also believes anti pyschotics and anti depressants are horrible for mental health and our handed out like candy by pyschiatrists.

16. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had a friend who took 10mg of 2c-e and had a seizure because of the ssri he was on. We were at warped tour and he almost died there. That was a scary time

17. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swims monkeys are not immune to 2c-i in the least ;) I was worried when a few couldnt experience the 2c-b, ho-mipt, and DOI... I think the discontinuation of the neuroleptics for his one monkey did the trick but wonders why 2c-i seemed so much more effective then swims other tests... swim doubts its the weight of the iodine molecule but wonders, any speculation?

18. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SSRIs are trip killers. All trippers with depression should switch to an MAOI. Then they will have no more of these troubles.
    I used prozac for a year and found that even high doses of LSD that kicked everyone else's ass did nothing. Same with shrooms. This is consistent with many people, though it seems that tryptamines are more attenuated than PEAs. Too bad there are not better antidepressants and bipolar meds. There are plenty of better sleep aids, but serquel sucks, hence little abuse potential, so makes sense it is becoming be the only game in town. US MDs are even afraid to prescribe benzos for sleep anymore. You ask for klonazepam and you think you would have just asked your doc for fentanyl lollies and tuanol !

Snapper

19. rodent

rodent Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Most anti-psychotics will disrupt/interupt a trip or if someone's been on them for a while (4-6 weeks for ssri's they say for effects to build up) they may not trip at all.
    If a monkey had been on Seroquel for some time and even stopped taking it for a week, I'd bet it would still have some effect. This can make dosing people who know little about anti-psychotics and psychedelics possibly dangerous... be careful!

As far as doctors prescribing benzo's, I'm almost sure they won't for sleeping issues these days. For severe anxiety they almost certainly will though. Put sleeping issues together with anxiety... ;) (please be cautious, benzo addiction is horrible!)