Chest pressure and breathing

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by MendozatheJEW, Dec 11, 2006.

1. MendozatheJEW

MendozatheJEW Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    I do not understand what has happened with SWIM's Adderall experience. At first he was calm, and motivated, normal feelings of goodness. Was using Temazepam as well to curve and feel relaxed. SWIm began taking magnesium supplements and taking alka-seltzer, sodium bicarbonate before taking the Adderall. Swim also took it at the end of the day and stayed up all night. However, instead of feeling calm, SWIM now feels a tightness in his chest and trouble taking full breaths. He no longer feels relaxed like he used to. Could it be because of the sodium bicarbonate, or perhaps an Adderall break would be in order. It seems like the sodium bicarbonate made it infinitely stronger, but not in the good focused way but instead the blood pressure hard to breath, chest tightness sort of way. Any idea what could have set this off or any experiences similiar that can be related? Thanks

2. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have been having that lately with adderall as well. He only notices it during the comedown and can describe it as pressure/discomfort in his chest sometimes spreading to his back. Taking more adderall helps but is obviously not the best answer. It works for SWIM because he has a perscription that has him taking it three times a day but the final comedown is always pretty bad. Aspirin works pretty well as a solution. It will at the very least help with the pain but also it thins your blood so I have to believe it helps give your heart a break.

To answer your question, though, if its the same discomfort I get, breaks usually help the problem out. I'm not sure if there is any interaction with the sodium bicarbonate so I can't say that isn't doing it, but SWIM's discomfort has always come every once in a while and a break usually helped.

3. Sloop

Sloop Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from solomon_islands
    Yehh taking a few grams of bicarb with dexamphetamine seems to bring up more of the unpleasant side of the drug for swim as well as lasting longer who cares if it last longer if its more the unpleasant side effects

My just better taking it perhaps a little higher dose on an empty stomach and eating some racetams like Oxiracetam later with a meal which seems to enhance more the desirable qualities for swim along with a beer (1 or 2 beers -no more)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  4. Jiggles

Jiggles Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The negative effects you speak of happen to SWIM every time he does any stimulant, and if he goes especially overboard he gets severe muscle fatigue. The sodium bicarbonate will definitely enhance the Adderall experience, but at the cost of a harder come down and more negative side effects.

Whenever SWIM comes down hard, he finds relief in a multi vitamin with some light food, a hot shower to help with the blood flow, and a nice hot cup of tea. Drinking Kava also helps tremendously with SWIM's muscle fatigue.

5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Has You tried consuming the Kava before and in conjunction with the adderall?

I made a thread about it for swim here ---> https://drugs-forum.com/threads/24137

Though I sort of forgot about it. Need to remind swim to try that again sometime, as he got good effects minus some side effects he might have otherwise got.

Could be worth looking into, though I amn't sure about how the two work together so he is going to stick with lower doses for the near future.

Thanks for reminding him at least that he has Kava and that its good for adderall comedowns. He could really use it right now and didn't remember its right in his drawer!

If I got muscle ache though I think he'd just as soon pop a norflex than anything else.

6. Jiggles

Jiggles Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    After reading your post SWIM made a nice Kava drink, sucked it down in a couple gulps, then 10 minutes later crushed and parachuted 20mg Adderall. About 45 minutes later I wasn't feeling much different so he stood up to get a drink. He then experienced one of the biggest head rushes of his life, followed by the sudden wave of happiness he was waiting for. WOW did he feel great! There was none of the usual jaw clenching or leg twitching that he had grown accustomed to, and the Kava head clarity seemed to compliment the Adderall euphoria very well. Definitely synergistic, it adds to the positive effects of each and keeps the negative effects at bay. SWIM highly recommends this combo. ALSO, he smoked a nice bit of bud later in the night, and it enhanced the dwindling Kava high and made it entirely able for SWIM to sleep. A++++ combo (<:smoking::D

7. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^^^^^^

Nice, thanks for posting this. I am one of the only ones he knows of who tried this combo and he wanted some feedback from someone other than himself as to its effects.