1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Chifir (Russian Caffeine Based`Beverage)

Discussion in 'Caffeine & Coffee' started by AS11, Oct 2, 2005.

1. AS11

AS11 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Bored? Ran out of Caffeine pills? Don't have any alcohol? Here's a recipe for a very popular russian drug called Chifir:

BlackChifir:

Requirements: 5-8 tea bags (any kind of black tea), 1-5 sugar teaspoons.

First boil some water and spill itto the cooking pot (put there alot of water because alot of it go away aftar the cooking) and put 4-8 tea bags in the water. Cook it for 10-15 minutes then get it off the fire and add 1-5 sugar teaspoons, tip it, don't drink it fast. No matter how many sugar teaspoons you put in it, there always will be a bitterness wave aftar you drink it. Don't overdose becasue it can make you vomit.

Brown Chifir:

Requirements: 5-8 tea bags (any kind of black tea), 1-5 sugar teaspoons, milk.

Do it just like you did regular chifir just add milk in the end. I preffer thismethod because the tea will be less bitter and more tasty. Just don't save place in the cup for the milk because when you'll get the tea bags out, a half cup of tea will go with them.

My first expereince:

I drank it in school with a couple of my freinds. Aftara little timeI started to shake and I had problems writing, it ended quickly and then I was really calmedand somewhat high for a long time.

EDIT: Chifir also gives you a serve alartness.

EDIT2: Does anybody knows it's health effects? I searched in google but I couldn't find anything.

EDIT3: Just found out that chifir contains ALOT of tannin which makes it bevery healthy but very bitter, throught I'm not sure that so much tannin is healthy, it might be unhealthy in that amount. Oh and it contains caffeine (unless you use a decaffeined tea) which should give a very unsmooth buzz but somehow in Chifir the buzz is very smooth.

EDIT4: It contains alot of oxalic acid too so if you have a weak kidny, don't drink it.Edited by: AS11

2. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    What is the legality and availability of chifir?

3. AS11

AS11 Silver Member

Reputation Points:

It's legal and it's very easy to make.

4. billbryan

billbryan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    What kind of tea? Chifir? Is that it?

5. AS11

AS11 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Chifir can be maken with any kind of black tea (never tried it with green tea but I guess it'll suck).Edited by: AS11

6. AS11

AS11 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Another recipe update by advices from other drinkers.

7. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I checked the local grocery store, and I can't find any tea called
    "Chifir". Would it be named Chifir, or just any tea with a black color?
    In what types of stores can I find this?

8. AS11

AS11 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Dude, there is no type of tea called chifir, you make chifir from a black tea (Lipton or something), as stronger that tea is,the chifir works better.Edited by: AS11

9. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    How in the name of God is strong tea supposed to substitute for
    cannabis?!?![​IMG]

10. AS11

AS11 Silver Member

Reputation Points:

No but it's a substitute for Caffeine and Alcohol.

11. billbryan

billbryan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

Those can be so hard to get yuor hands on sometimes...... I wish I knew of this substitue earlier [​IMG]

12. MrJim

MrJim Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Wouldn't it just be a substitute for caffeine? All you seem to be doing is making tea concentrate. I don't understand how this is any different from drinking a couple of pots of tea quickly.

13. AS11

AS11 Silver Member

Reputation Points:

The effect is similar to drinking 15 cups of tea because when it's cooked, youtake out 99% ofof theteafound in the tea bag, unlike when you just put it in hot water. It's also a substitute for alcohol, believe me.

14. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Tea not only contains caffeine, but theophylline and l-theanine, the latter
    of which is a sedative. I can see that these components would be more
    concentrated with boiling, but it's still just tea.
    You can order l-theanine bulk if you look around...
    Snapper

15. BrugmansiaBrujo

BrugmansiaBrujo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yup ,it's still just concentrated tea. Man, this has got to be the silliest thread I've seen yet on this forum.

No, the cat shit smoking thread was sillier, but this is a close second.

16. Nesthead

Nesthead Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Michigan, U.S.A.
    It may be "just" concentrated tea, but that does not mean that there are no effects to be had.
    The effects of plant-based drugs vary wildly based on the cultivar, the growing conditions, post-harvest processing, the creature taking it, the route of administration, and yes, the quantity of plant material.
    Any avid tea drinker like my cat can tell you that being "tea-drunk" is markedly different from just taking some caffeine pills or strong coffee.
    Some may consider it boring, but my cat says that although she is well-versed in the ways of a large variety of drugs--some of them illicit--she still enjoys being tea-drunk.
    Very, very much.

17. ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    Believe it or not, I've just been directed to this thread from a Google search for 'chiffr tea', after reading about chiffr addiction in 1950s Russia in the novel I'm reading! May well give it a go, will report back if I do. The Secret Speech by Tom Rob Smith, by the way.

18. delasare

delasare Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    My father told me that this beverage was very popular in russian prisons. And still is, I think. And yes, they used as a drug