Addiction - Chipping....why stop; am I addicted?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by heroinhero, Feb 28, 2005.

1. heroinhero

heroinhero Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi im new to the forum. ok umm im20 and ive been chipping H since about 16 spending about $20-40 max a week. i have found that im not addicted at all ive been smoking cigs, bud and drinking liquor all for4 years about. ive found im in no way addicted but i simply enjoy these things i usually chipand smoke cigs during the week (my job as a cubicle slave, but 2,000 a week aintbad[​IMG]) where i work then party on the weekend. when my mother asked me if i could stop i quit everything cold turkey for 9 months i dint even feelthe urge to startdoing stuff again until i got bored with mynew girlfriend. ive been hearing alot of horror stories lately is this excessive ? opinions?

2. par excellence.

par excellence. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you don't feel you're physically addicted I don't really see a
    problem... you seem to be able to control your use enough... so I don't
    really see a problem...

and props on being able to quit cold turkey. many people aren't able to
    do that on simple things like caffeine, let alone heroin/cigs/etc.

3. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm 20 too. I did the same sorta thing for about half a year and I found the greatest risk was being caught buying it. It's really easy to do a bit more each time and eventually get too caught up but I mean you have been doing it for a long time and seem to have a grip on it so I don't see a problem.

4. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It sounds like your not addicted because you went nine months clean cold turkey... if you are ever in the position where you cannot go cold turkey with the drug then your addicted (in my eyes)... just be careful dude H is a drug that is rough... never done it too scared because the addiction rate is through the roof

5. moldie

moldie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A lot of people just can't find themselves getting addicted to dope. I've caught one habit in the 6 years I've been shooting dope, and that lasted maybe 4 months. All the rest of my time i've been chipping about $40 a week (although I'll do a half gram in about 3 hours when I do decide to get jammed). Since you're on a 4 year roll of chipping, you should be able to trust yourself around dope by now. You may at some point catch a habit, but it's nothing you can't overcome and then return to chipping again.

6. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I dont know if i agree with this just because there are some people who will go years with out chipping and then one day will think about it due to a "trigger" and will be sucked into it again, H is a very hard drug to just dabble with in the threads i've read

Muirner

7. smilla

smilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thats how you get yourself into full blown addiction, dabbleing with drugs, especially H or opiates...not a good drug to choose if you want to be able to control your habit

8. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    H addiction is over exaggerared. I think other drugs like cocaine (especially rock) and speed (adderal, dexedrine) are just as addicting, if not more addicting.

I have friends who have been caught up in coke for a long time now and when I started to do H they thought I was doomed and for all sketched out. Now I have stopped for a long time and they are still caught up in coke.

9. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    But through studies it has been found that the tendency to go back to H is more likely to happen then with coke... Opiates are known for their addiction hell all of China was once addicted to opium, and h is very addictive..

Muirner

10. trueMayheM

trueMayheM Newbie

Reputation Points:

coke and speed have psychological addictions which I'm not saying cant
    be hell but the physical pain along with severe cravings and horrible
    anxiety caused by opiate addiction makes it far worse.