Christmas Kratom Tea

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by ianzombie, Dec 19, 2009.

1. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    The 25th is fast approaching and as we all know that means one thing.....Santa is on his way!

The poor guy has a lot of work to do, travelling all over the world leaving presents for all the children who have been good during the year.

It's a Christmas tradition in MY house to leave something out for Santa. A lot of people do the same, some leave out mince pies or even a glass of Guinness but I knows something that others do not, Santa loves his Kratom.

So here is the Dr's recipe for special Christmas Kratom for the big bearded guy.

He gets a nice bag of Thai Kratom and measures out a generous dose of crushed leaf, Just under 50 grams on the scale.

[​IMG]

He adds the crushed leaf to a cooking pot and to this he adds the juice of half a Lemon. The Lemon juice will help with the extraction of all the Kratom goodies.

[​IMG]

Now for the extra ingredient, one of Santa's favorites....a small glass of Sherry (this is what makes the big man so Jolly) it will also help with the extraction.

[​IMG]

He boils a kettle of water and measures out roughly 700ml of water, this is poured into the pot with the Kratom, Lemon juice and Sherry and then he gives the mixture a good stir before putting it onto a hob to boil.

[​IMG]

He continues to stir the mixture as it boils. Kratom can be very smelly so you might want to open a window and turn on the extractor fan. After about 20 minutes the water will have reduced by 50% and now its time to strain out the leaves.

For straining you can use a strainer or even a colander if they want but I likes to take a pint glass, fit it with a Muslin bag and pour the entire contents of the pot into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You might need a spoon to scoop up any of the leaf that is left in the bottom of the pot, no point in wasting anything.

When you have filled the Muslin bag the can lift it up out of the glass and let the liquid drain out. The leaf will be very hot still so squeezing the muslin bag will burn your hands, put a kitchen glove on and slowly squeeze the bag until no more liquid comes out.

[​IMG]

You can return the leaves to the pot if they want to do a second extraction. Its not going to be as strong as the first batch but it can be added to the first extraction and then you will have removed most of the good stuff and they can discard the leaf.

If you wanted you could simply drink this tea as it is, but as this is for Santa and the poor guy is rushed off his feet and does not have the time to hang around to enjoy several glasses, I am going to add the liquid back into the pot and heat it again to reduce the overall amount.

[​IMG]

Just let the liquid boil down until you have a small amount and that is it. The Kratom tea is ready.

When you pour the Kratom tea into a glass straight after a boil it will be a dark coffee colour.

[​IMG]

If you leaves the tea to cool you will notice the colour changes until it looks more like a coffee with cream.

[​IMG]

Santa will be delighted with this Kratom tea, who knows he might even leave you something extra special for being so generous.

Remember that this is a very strong dose for most people, so if you are making Kratom for themselves using this method they should use a much smaller amount of leaf to begin with. Santa has a very high tolerance;)

Happy Christmas Santa:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    1. 4/5,
      Excellent TEK!
      Aug 2, 2011
    2. 5/5,
      Great post
      Dec 22, 2009
    3. 5/5,
      excellent contribution, and great idea
      Dec 19, 2009
    4. 5/5,
      For the time and care that was put into creating this post. Even though this tek would have been a fine addition to one of the numerous tea recipe threads that already exist, it's still an excellent contribution to the kratom forum.
      Dec 18, 2009
  2. NeuroChi

NeuroChi is not his mind Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Re: Christmas Kratom

Wonderful Tek, thanks for posting. How does it taste? Has he mixed any spices with it for extra flavor?

A friend wonders if eggnog would go well with kratom somehow...

3. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland

Eggnog Kratom, now there is an idea!
    To be totally honest it tastes terrible, but I did not expect anything else.

Kratom seems to be a taste that is palatable for the first couple of times (the effects make it so in My opinion) but after several consumptions it gets harder and harder to stomach, especially at higher doses.

He has added the likes of Cinnamon in the past after recommendation but Cinnamon is not to his taste either.

He prefers to boil the tea down to as little as possible, making its consumption as quick and painless as possible.

One thing that he does think adds to the flavour is combining the tea with equal amounts of chamomile tea. But short of some local anesthetic shots to the tongue he thinks its a case of 'Grin and bare';)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  4. NeuroChi

NeuroChi is not his mind Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth

This Crazy Pot Head never really minded the taste of kratom, compared to
    dream herb or kava kava it is wonderful. He imagines eggnog would mask the
    taste wonderfully, but boiling the mixture is not an option. Perhaps first
    extracting then mixing?

5. HerrPenguin

HerrPenguin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

Brilliant maybe I should also leave this out for Santa to sample!!

6. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland

Im is glad you liked it and as he knows you you are thinking of taking their first dose soon hopes you will follow his Tea Tek which is the method he finds most euphoric.

You do not need to add the Lemon and/or Sherry and they can follow the rest of the Tek to produce an equally foul tasting brown muck;)

If you do make some tea make sure to post their experience here:thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  7. Bunnintreez

Bunnintreez Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

I am thinking of trying this too, lower dose tho. thats pretty intense.

1. 3/5,
      Please try to add more to your posts. One liners can attract neg rep, you are a newbie so no
      Dec 21, 2009
  8. rawbeer

rawbeer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Definitely gotta try this, my got a bag in his freezer screaming out to him. He's found the same thing in regards to taste - the first few times he'd think 'this ain't too bad'...but then the 'too' got more emphasis, and finally it and 'ain't' just stopped appearing in the sentence, left as 'this bad'. I found the same thing with kava - the first few times he actually liked it, but the sandiness just disgusts him now. Like drinking the beach.
    There won't be coal in my stocking this year...

9. HerrPenguin

HerrPenguin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

I am most definitely going to trythis method as they think it sounds rather delightfull! Haha.

Will definitely post once swims Xmas parcel has arrived. I was wondering if insluffation is an option with Kratom? I have a strange habit of enjoying firing things up their nose.

10. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland

I have never read of anyone having a successful time snorting Kratom. He has read a few reports of people snorting strong extracts without success (no different/sooner effects) but even if it did work You would need to snort a lot of material if they were using regular powdered leaf. I can only imagine it would be very painful.

If you have never tried Kratom before it would be great if they would write a report of their experience and what method they used.
    Just remember to start off with a low dose to check your sensitivity to it, let us know how everything turns out:thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  11. gregzy

gregzy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

SWIM once bought kratom resin added boiled water and some milk and it tasted rather nice, A bit like porrage.

12. HerrPenguin

HerrPenguin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

Brilliant swim shall write up as soon as it's been sampled. Thanks for the informative advice, snorting sounds like it'll hurt swims wallet as well as his nose so he's gonna stick to swiys tea. What would You recommend as a good starting dose?

13. nergalman

nergalman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

would there be any way to make this without a pot? its a bizarre question, and my cat doesn't mind tasting the kratom, but his girlfriend refuses to try it when it looks like vomit in a cup, so my cat figured that this would be a decent way to have her try it. but, my cat lives at a dorm, and doesn't have a cooking pot so...any suggestions?? thanks.

14. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland

You do have a hob, right?

If you dont have a pot, you must have something you cook your food in, a frying pan or something?

15. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.

You could probably do this in an electric kettle, if you don't have a portable burner & pot.

~Kailey

16. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland

I remember the first time i tried an electric kettle.
    I was away down the country with the lads on our annual 'Jolly Boys' (an 'Only Fools and Horses' themed break) outing. None of my friends had (or have) a clue what kratom is, when it comes to drugs of any sort they are all pretty naive.
    I was sharing a room with a mate and after a 2 hour drive i was ready for some kratom tea.

Our hotel room had an electric kettle and i figured that it was probably the best bet.

I loaded about 20 grams of crushed leaf into the kettle, squeezed in some lemon juice and plugged that baby in.

Within 2 minutes the kratom erupted from the kettle spout. Thankfully it was seated on a tray so the water and leaf did not destroy the hotel room, but my friend gave me some abuse for 'wrecking the bleedin kettle' :)

Maybe if you let it boil for a minute, and turned it off, repeating that process, you might be able to make some sort of tea. Or maybe if you leave the kettle lid open, so you can keep a good eye on it and not let it explode.

If you give it a try then let us know how it goes.

Other options might be to find somewhere else you can make it and make tea in bulk, storing it in a flask. Or make tea and boil it down to a resin, making kratom balls that can be used to make 'instant kratom' tea.
    https://drugs-forum.com/threads/158056

17. nergalman

nergalman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

well, there is a frying pan with crusty tomato sauce from who knows when that smells like a dead animal....haha, seriously though, is there anyway that this could be done with microwaved water or something?

18. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland

Why dont you just experiment?

I dont use a microwave because i dont find it works as well, but one can be used.

Your best bet would be to get some cleaning products and get to work on the crusty frying pan.
    Or buy a cheap pot.

19. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.

Oh! Ian, your post made me realize...I didn't use an electric "kettle", exactly. I now remember seeing an electric kettle that's strictly for boiling water, and yeah, that might not work as well.

I guess what I had was...um...an electric pot with a spout? It could be used as a kettle, but also as a cooking pot. It was recommended for dorms, and I think I've even seen some used in jail on some episode of Lockup. I'll see if I can find a pic...

...here it is! It's called a "hot pot", and they're inexpensive & lots of manufacturers make 'em (Rival, Sunbeam, Proctor-Silex, etc). I like 'em better for making ramen or heating spaghetti-os than a separate pot & portable cooktop. :)

~Kailey

Attached Files:

20. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Kratom and eggnog do not mix very well although a good idea the eggnog curdles and the whole mixture gets chunks in it. Not saying it can't be done because anything is possible. Thanks Ian for the Christmas recipe! Later if I get around to it maybe I will share my Kratom Sweet Potato Pie recipe.