Chronic amphetamine use

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by izzy31, May 14, 2007.

1. izzy31

izzy31 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from turkmenistan
    How big a shitboat is SWIM in for this? He does it everyday and is just coming to terms with his addiction and is trying to better the situation. Does You use speed this often? He's not completely fried everyday or anything, he's not hearing voices, or having paranoid delusions but he is a little obssessive and it bothers him. What long term physiological & psychological damage is he looking at here if he doesn't quit?

2. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From what I understand, chronic use of speed (or probably any upper for that matter) really strains the heart..it is hard on the body when used so often.

3. dogzz

dogzz R.I.P. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yup, long term use puts a heavy toll on the heart and circulatory system. I know of many chronic users that have enlarged hearts, some being so severe they require heart transplants and are on the waiting list, living in very poor health until they get one. High blood pressure and the list of other ailments caused by it are also common. Also, amphetamines chemically induce the pleasure and reward centers of the brain. Over time, the brain will not be able to react in its natural way. in essence you shorted out the whole reward and pleasure pathways by "jumpstarting" them over time. They can repair themselves over time, but as to what they were before I don't know. That is the reason almost all recovering amphetamine addicts suffer depression. Severe depression. It takes a good year or more to allow the brain chemistry to settle down to normal ( whatever "normal" might turn out to be) hope that helped answer swiy's question

4. somniferic

somniferic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Speed is, in SWIM's book anyway, the worst drug to binge on or maintain on, next to problematic drinking. I took it everyday for years a while back, maybe 8 years ago now, and I am still suffering various effects. Please take this seriously, I know drug users, polydrug users even who are in recovery, and those with ten to twenty tears of smack and crack use (even in combination) behind them find it easier to recover, physically and psychologically. Let SWIM pin it down for you, heavy, sustained use of amphetamine will leave a person socially inept, scared, anxious, nervous, confused, paranoid (not just whilst using either!) and that's just the mental harm it does. I am on beta-blockers for heart trouble, painkillers(NSSIAD's) after not using for a long time. Its anyone's choice, but if I could turn back the hands....I find it hard to play a simple game of soccer with SWIM's daughter in the garden, exhausted, despite SWIM don't drink or smoke!

5. SpaceCadetGlow

SpaceCadetGlow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been using amphetamine every day for years. Swim's amphetamine is not street amphetamine, but 40 mg Adderall. Adderall is composed of a mixture of amphetamine salts, but I believe it to be on par with the potency of any non-pharmaceutical amphetamine. It was prescribed to swim for Attention Deficit Disorder, and after that first dose, with its incredible euphoria and other amazing effects, swim's life changed dramatically.
    The buzz stopped after a few months, and since then I has experimented with almost every other type of drug. The depression, severe social anxiety, and drug addiction got swim checked into a mental hospital on two occasions. Every day swim regrets taking adderall more and more.

If SWIizzy is only beginning to notice some obsessiveness, he would be wise to rethink his amphetamine usage before the real shit sets in.

Good luck and Peace.

6. svenghali

svenghali Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    SWIM still has traces of chronic depression from his first rounds of amphet binges. He takes adderall/MPH on a regular basis now, and experiences little to no depression on a regular small dosage.

7. Jiggles

Jiggles Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIsven- SWIM too still suffers from random bouts of depression stemming from past amphetamine usage, but his ADD is bad enough that even just working at his job is quite a task.

How long has You been taking said small doses, and how many mg? SWIM asks because just got his dexies refilled and is very nervous about getting into the addiction/depression territory again...:(