Experiences - Cigarette Burns

Discussion in 'Tobacco' started by 420sublime420, Sep 2, 2006.

1. 420sublime420

420sublime420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Sorry if this is already posted. I did not chech because I figured this was an issue no-one ever thought to bring up but...
    When I get messed up, SWIM always finds a way to get his cigarette stuck to his lips when he tries to pull it out of his mouth {this JUST happened (I am drunk)} and the result is burnt fingers. Does this ever happen to any one else out there? It seemes like all of SWIM'S friends are lucky enough to be blessed with naturally slick lips, so I have no close sources to ask...

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    its happened to me before, he says. not when he is drunk, but I has dabbled in stimulants in the past and they leave him with a very dry mouth. he finds licking his lips quickly before putting a smoke in his mouth helps to avoid this problem. he lives in a dry climate so I am sure to do this sober too, which he is much of the time these days. except, I say, for nicotine!

3. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    This has happened SWIM on a few occasions. Sometimes sober sometimes while not sober it's very painful indeed. SWIM's worst expierence with "feeling the burn" was when he tried to spit out his cigarette (don't ask SWIM why) and it flew into his face somehow. Ouch! Ashes in the eye is also painful

4. 420sublime420

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I had an instance where swim tried to flick the cigarette out of his mouth with his fingers while it was still lit. Needless to say, I was stoned. The cigarette landed on swims OPEN EYEBALL. It really hurt...

5. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    when i smoked cigarettes, i had a terrible way of burning holes in clothing when excessively drunk. ruined a nice shirt, a hooded sweatshirt, and a pair of shorts that way before i eventually quit smoking. hot smoldering cigarettes do not go well with clumsy and foolish drunks.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  6. 420sublime420

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
  7. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i quit once for about 8 months, then went crazy one night and bought a pack. smoked for about 1 year after that before i finally said 'fuck it' and refused to buy or borrow cigarettes. i crave cigarettes more often than i crave cocaine (another addicting drug i used to do), so i understand its addictive ability. weed helps swim :)

8. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    That is a complete bastard, when I was a regular smoker, he'd get up at 7am and light up and do this pretty regularly.

Having said that, SWIM dosen't have much of a problem with doing it when he's wasted. He does however tent to wear a german military shirt with the cuffs undone and flapping in the wind. When holding a cigarette up to his mouth, the cuffs drop down and creat a huge funnel, so if that cigarette ever gets dropped, it can only go one place: the elbow.

SWIM regularly (much more regularly than you'd expect) can be seen at any chemical-ingesting events jumping up, while a fag hits the floor and the room echoes with "BASTARD!".

I have only ever burned himself bad enough to leave a mark for any long period of time: he finished highschool and celebrated on some swings in a park with lots of nasty vodka, and somehow dropped a fag past his elbow all the way to the upper arm, and it was 24 hours before he could feel the pain of it. Heady times.

9. Mick Mouse

Mick Mouse Live Free Or Die! Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o from Cayo Loco
    I used to smoke rollies and would go to take it out and flick it away, only to realize that it was still stuck to his lip and burning merrily away! SWIM cured this by frequent application of chapstik, that way, even if it stuck, the wax would keep it from burning SWIM's lip until he could get ahold of it again.