1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Cigarette filters and marijuana

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by desolated000, Aug 7, 2006.

1. desolated000

desolated000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Do the filters on cigarettes filter out any cannaboids from cannabis smoke? I think they'll only filter tar but my friend insists they'll make the high less intense.

2. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM used to empty cigarettes of tobacco, mix the tobacco with hasch and put it back to avoid any situations at school/work. For years he took the filter out and replaced it with a simple joint paper filter. Then he smoked a few with the original filter left in it, he was a lazy hasch smoker after all! Anyway, it did not make any noticable difference at all, so my bet would be that it doesn't really matter. Well except for the taste.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Perhaps the filter blocks out some of those potent THC oils. SWIM would never use a cigarette filter for a joint.

4. matti_2003

matti_2003 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    What about the little filters sold for roll ups, they seem quite a bit smaller than the filters in Cigarettes.

5. enquirewithin

enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    The Pakistanis empty cigarettes and fill them up again with mixture, but then their hash is cheap and plentiful. The filter does make it weaker, but less harsh.

Why not use a pipe?

6. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er

Reputation Points:
    swim finds cotton filters filter weed smoke too much, but the ones that are made for personal rolling that dont have cotton are fine, and why risk it make a paper filter roach.

7. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson

Reputation Points:
    swim would assume the dense marijuana smoke would clog up the filter, making it very difficult to smoke
    of course, he is just guessing as he has never actually tried this

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Personally swim has does it twice...i dont recomend it at all.

9. Bajeda

Bajeda Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    As was said above, if the marijuana is strong then it doesn't especially matter. You body can only absorb so much THC anyways. With hash swim doesn't especially care as he can't really tell the difference in highness between rolled up index card material filters and cig filters.

Then again, he also doesn't think its really that important if you use a cigarette filter or a rolled filter. Do you really think you can notice the difference in how high you are? Swiy should try it and see. I bet he can't tell the difference.

If swiy is really cheap and cares that much about saving THC that he will be anal about small things like this then by all means dont use the filters. If swiy realizes that the difference is most likely to be negligable then he should do whatever feels best to him while smoking; if he enjoys the cig filters more then use them, if he enjoys rolled filters more then use them.

Pretty simple swim thinks.

Swim doesn't have a problem really with the

10. rsmo

rsmo

Reputation Points:
    I belive that the cigarette filters control the amount of smoke that is floating towards the mouth/lungs during a hit...
    I dont think that this is a less potent metod, but more a case of what I mentioned above... IBut its definetly not the same feeling...

As for "takeing the edge" of the weed while smoking it this way...i cant say much about that because I dont know

SWIM has smoked this morning using a cigarrete fillter.... and it was the same high as the joint flop being used

cheers

11. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    remembering that the stuff the smoker wants are the potent bits, and that these are vaporized behind the cherry of the spliff j or remade ciggy is it possable ( following logic rarther than personal knowlage) that filters provide a large surface area for the nasties such as tar but also for THC CBD etc to condense back onto/ get caught in? Probably flawed logic as the heat passing down the ciggy J etc is probably enough to revaporize them from the filter.
    SWIM knows all his smoking chums old and young dont use filters and on that basis neither does he.

12. LiveCryLaugh

LiveCryLaugh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim has found that only with hash,rolling a J with a cigarette filter makes the trip less intense and gives a milder buzz that could be more enjoyable if someone is not seeking to get tooo wasted.

13. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    In the Middle-East a tobacco filter is traditionally used with hash in most places swim has seen.

A tobacco filter is where you rip off the tip of a cigarette (the section with the tobacco) and put it where you would the filter. This is only really used with hashish joints although it is possible to use it with a weed joint.

It doesn't filter the smoke and make the trip less strong though it allows for better inhalation of smoke than a cardboard filter would. Highly recommended for hashish joints.

14. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM has seen the tobacco filter attributed to everyone from Americans to Basques to Arabs to eastern Europeans. I think it's a pretty common international practice.

15. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    Not attributing it to have originated from a particular region. Just saying that almost everyone who smokes in the Middle-East uses it, while swim knows a small percentage of Europeans who use it - mostly from particular regions - and has never seen an American use a tobacco filter.

Just saying, it seems to go better with hash than weed though, which is perhaps why it is much more common in that region.

16. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM doesn't enjoy making direct contact with what's being smoked. He's a firm believer in the roach which is why he never uses the tobacco filter despite using cigarettes in his joints.

17. chilliker

chilliker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's experiences which are alot with the cigarette filters make him belive the following:

Poeple always complain about when they smoke with cigarette filters they get a lighter buzz... And they DO! But its not because of the cigarette filter. What SWIM and SWIM's usually take in a joint is about 1.5 grams per joint per person. When most poeple fill in a cigarette they mostly only fit about 1 gram in there which is 33.3% less but they still think they smoked a joint. This in SWIM's opinion is the reason. Also alot of SWIM's fridn dont know how to pack the weed correctly into the cigarette (I recommend hair pins) and when its filled the wrong way the paper burns faster, ergo you get less smoky!

18. ryanstein

ryanstein

Reputation Points:
    we're talkin about a bunch of stoners here chilliker...dont u think they would notice that there is less room for pot cuz of the filter.

i sure as hell would if i smoked pot but mayb im just smarter then the average pothead lol.

ryan

19. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson

Reputation Points:
    yeah most ppl tend to notice how much they're rolling while its busted up and about to be rolled...

20. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er

Reputation Points:
    not sure bout that, swim finds most ppl roll joints smaller than cigs... since cigs arent conical and think all the way through but it really depends on how one rolls so there is not wrong answer just my 2 cents