Addiction - Cigarettes: How to quit

Discussion in 'Tobacco' started by Hüsker Du, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hüsker Du

Hüsker Du Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm supposed to be quiting with my mom on july 5th but I don't know if I have the power to do it. What is the best way to keep your mind off of it and to keep you from picking up another one? I was thinking about buying menty strips b/c I smoke menthol cigs. Well, Please help if ya can!</font>

2. Insane Asian

Insane Asian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i heard that the nicotine gum works, i also heard the gum tastes like crap.... personally i cant give you tips because i dont smoke grits, but use google to search the internet on topics about quitting cigarettes

3. ShadyMilkman

ShadyMilkman Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    The gum does take pretty bad, but its worth it to use it. It really does prevent withdrawal and the physiological effects, however, its up to you to counter the psychological effects.

I took it for a while, quit smoking for about 2 months (pack a day smoker, 4 years). But once I got back to school the smoking returned, haven't had the motivation to quit again. It's tough, but you can do it.

4. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Just be prepared to gain 10 pounds. I would avoid situations where you will be exposed to people smoking right in front of you, also. It would be just like a crackhead trying to quit while watching his friends smoke it. I know you can't avoid every situation, but good luck.

5. The Kid

The Kid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Eclipse cigarettes are much safer and a good way to quit gradually. Also you could try Niko Stop, they are filters that go on the end of any regular cig.

6. P!MPJU!C3

P!MPJU!C3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The best way 2 quit smoking is by not thinking bout it...their r many ways u cant thank of it...I sport, drink way 2 much alcohal and fuck a lot while quiting. But the pluspoint is 4 me...i know im just quiting 2 see if i can still quit.

7. perpel budz

perpel budz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The answer to this is simple my friend. When you crave a cigarette you are just trying to satisfy a craving. My advice is to start up an association with the gratification a cigarette brings you. Sex is a natural producer of endorphines, and I know many people who have succesfully quit smoking by having more sex. Thats my advice to you.

8. WhiteRyan

WhiteRyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Quiting cigarettes is difficult, its apart of your personality. your boredom calls for a cigarette. To actually quit you HAVE to want to quit, not kinda wanna quit. the gum, the patch dont bother, you will have a relapse. hypnotism works great keep me off them for 3 months..didnt even think twice bout a cigarette it was weird. But i heard of some acupunture dealing with your ear and i heard its the best out their from reliable sources ..someone who hasnt smoked in a year

9. Imperfectcircle25

Imperfectcircle25 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Quitting is no easy task you have to really deep down want to quite. A few ideas are to always keep some gum or hard candy around. Chewing gum helps alot of people with the whole idea of having something in their mouth. Another tip I heard was to carry a bottler of water around, when you feel the urge to smopke just drink a little water. Now I dont know if these will help you at all. But they help me cut my smoking in half from a pack a day to half a pack. Good luck my freind, be strong you can do it!

10. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.