Experiences - Clonazepam for weed "withdrawal"

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by tk421, May 3, 2007.

1. tk421

tk421 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am currently on about 4mgs of Klonopin, washed down with a glass of ruby red. (<

I will be dry for a couple days, so he needed something to take the edge off. 2 or 3 days without bud is often enough to bring on some paranoia and psychotic levels of anger.

I am feeling nice and mellow, with a low-grade euphoria. The only thing she'sreally missing is the perceptual changes and spiritual feelings that some good kind bud can bring. Definitley WAAAYYY better than being sober, though.

I have never notice any kind of a hangover, provided that he gets a good 6-8 hours sleep. She wakes up and hit the gym without any problems, which is more than she can say after a night of drinking.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007
  2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    From the rules:

• Use descriptive Topic Subject. This will help others find what they want to read. Topics with bad Topic subjects may be deleted! - there's nothing more annoying than looking at all those stupid "A stupid question" subject lines. I mean, I'm damn lazy, but how hard is it to type "A stupid question about (insert something here)"? As a rule of thumb, most thread titles should include the full name of the drug discussed.

A rule many tend to forget will cause a mass of warnings soon...

Thread title edited

3. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Lol.. you think being with out weed is psychotic ... you should try coming of clonazpam after being addicted to it. Instead try and occupy your time instead, things u enjoy doing with out being high or if not only use clonazepam when your really hair pulling just dont keep taking them...

Bare in mind Clonazepam is like any benzo's are habit forming and can combine quite nicely with weed as u keep taking more clonazepam with growing tolarance, memory starts to go, so you think did i take that last pill or not and take another one. Swia used to get angry with her partner thinking he had taken all her benzos when she had actually eaten them all the night prior. Retrograde amnesia. Then when you have not got anymore.. Oh...My!
    :crazy

4. tk421

tk421 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My apologies, SWIJatelka. :eek:
    I've seen the "k-pin" abbreviation used here so many times that I assumed everyone was familiar with it. I'm NOT here to break rules and step on any toes, and I thought that I had done a good job of keeping my post well within acceptable standards.

SWIA; I only use benzos once or twice a week.
    I'm one of those rare individuals who finds benzos to be fun precisely because I'm normally such a nervous, strung-out wreck. A dose that would be just barely enough to tame one of my panic attacks can usually make an average person pass out.

5. upperdecker

upperdecker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There really isn't any weed withdrawal. You might be a little angry for a few days but thats it. I use to think he could never quit but was no problem. SWIM probly didn't even need the Klonopin.

6. fizzle

fizzle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    klonopin for weed withdrawal does no make much sense. Weed isnt even physically addicting so why take something that is? Klonopin is not something to fuck around with as withdrawal symptoms can be harsh and even cause seizures. maybe take like .5mg for a few days, but nothing else. However I think your logic here is backasswards (switching to a physically/mentally addicting drug from a pure mentally addicting drug).

7. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

why not physically addictive, any drug can become psychologically addictive including weed and if smoked daily and in huge amounts some people do like the feeling of being with out it psychologically.

8. fizzle

fizzle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    I am a little confused by your post. All i am saying is that weed is not phyisically addicting as is say anti-depressants/opiates/benzos. You might crave weed, but you wont die from stopping cold turkey like you can from said substances.

9. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Yes we know.. that but you can become psychologically addicted and dependent to weed and anything really.

10. Ethyl

Ethyl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from portugal
    If you crave for weed when you haven't got any that not a bad thing, it could only mean that that's you DOC.
    But if you become dependent on weed that's another story.. That's because your life (pardom me..) sucks big time... Weed is a fucking enhancer, not something to be dependent on... Get a life beside using weed and your weed habit will become lesser and lesser. Get out with chicks/guys.., focus on other things.., and you'll see you don't have a weed problem at all..
    I'm talking and i'm a pothead too, but i'm not dependent on weed, alltought i use it everyday.. Dependent is such a ugly word...

AND NEVER, NEVER, compare a inoccent plant like weed to manmade chemical evils like benzos... It's not even the same sport..

11. Ethyl

Ethyl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from portugal
    Swie sees a lot of potheads, some of them even moved to morroco, adam to become fulltime potheads, and Never, Never, ever they (or anybody else) has seen somebody physically dependent on cannabis. It's just impossible.

12. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    agree swia hates dependent word.
    its not just a case if u go out and have a life or not it can happen to anyone really if they want it everyday. the same could be said for someone who drinks everyday but not to excess. swia feels theres different levels of abuse and moderation which is healthy even if everyday.

physically u cannot get addicted to weed. You can crave and feel like u need it. a while ago swia thought it helped ease come downs and liked having it around as a comfort. now she still does, she does get shity when she runs out sometimes but nothing major, compared to other psycho-actives. its just to have when its around. benzo withdrawal is nastier then being stressed from having no weed by far lol

13. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I do not want to sound insensitive by any means but..."weed withdrawal"?From someone that has suffered withdrawal from some of the hardest opiate use you could imagine it just sounds like a complete joke!Swim can remember these idiot little eminem wannabe kids going around saying."I need my weed now."and such.Oh how it pissed swim off,especially when he was sitting in his chair shaking and nauseaus ready to practically do anything just for one oxycontin.Laying in bed,muscles aching,unable to be comfortable,suicidal and the most horrid thoughts imagineable in ones sleepless mind.Weed withdrawal?HA HA HA HA!!!I am soo sorry to sound like a dickhead but it seems rather stupid to trade a rather harmless thing like cannabis for benzos which possibly could lead to truly painful and real withdrawals.

14. fizzle

fizzle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    This is what I was basically saying. It does not make much sense. Thats pretty much the bottom line.

15. rocksmokinmachine

rocksmokinmachine Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from earth
    I wouldn't use any type of benzo for stopping weed. coming off benzos is, in my opinion alot harder than quitting smoking weed. I have been there and it is not nice.

16. fizzle

fizzle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    Defintitely. Touché

17. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    AMEN man...AMEN!