Dose - Clonazepam: Peak/Duration of "high"?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know this might be consiudered "spam" but i was just wondering.

SWIM read a report on erowid of a kid injesting 1.5 mgs of Clon. and feeling all good for a little while. And since it has a half life of 18-50 hjours, would SWIM have to injest the night before if SWIM wanted to feel that during school or sometime around the middle of the day?

so My question is basically he wants to feel the euphoria and warmness of Clona.. during the middle of the day (school). Would he have to injest the 1.5 mgs the night before?

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's experience from last night after ingesting 1.0 mg clonazepam is that, while he could definitely feel the sluggishness and heaviness of the klonopin the day after, some 12+ hours later, it was not the same fun high experienced the night before. as far as SWIM can tell (and this could be entirely varying by person), the best effects are obtained 1-4 hours after ingestion. clonazepam does indeed have a long half life, but i'm not sure that necessarily means that there's still a large amount of it binding GABA receptors after 12 hours to make it recreationally enjoyable at that point. I would reccomend 0.5 to 1.0 mg on the same day, and to have someone look out for You to make sure You doesnt do anything outlandish.

3. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have concluded, he is going to bring 1 mg Clon. in a capsule, and just rail it at First period, so then it will begin to kick in at around lunch..form 8a.m.-12 NOON.

i think it shoudl work by then...

4. noeticbuzz

noeticbuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    take early in the morning on an empty stomach

5. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    Can't reccomend railing it, too much buffer and it doesnt absorb well through the nose. noetic is right, the stomach is better.

6. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Benzos are poorly water soluble (with a couple of exceptions). The majority of absorption if insufflated is going to be via post nasal drip (Yummy!). Why not just swallow the pill or stick it under you's tongue and let it dissolve there?

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  7. calmascanbe

calmascanbe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You could try it rectally , lasts longer in SWIM'S oppinion.

8. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    I am going to have to do some research and find those exceptions jatelka is talking about. sounds intriguing..

9. Df1337

Df1337 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    I agree with Jatelka's advice to just take it sublingually. You should try just .5mg the first time and increase from there. You should be fine with .5mg as it produces a very mild affect. Not the most recreational but can get you through a long day at work.