Dose - Clonazepam: What dose to take and what to expect?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Ellis D., Jan 5, 2006.

1. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hi all, I found some .5mg pills and was recommended to take 4 to 6. 4 pills later I wasn't very impressed so he popped another 2 and a few hours later he just felt heavy and sleepy so went to bed. 14 hours of sleep later, I was a zombie for the next evening (woke up at 5PM) and the whole next day with slurred speach, stumbling, and hardly any recollection of the experience. Does this drug just suck for my buddy SWIM or was the dosage off? any input/advice is appreciated.

P.S. Happy new year!

2. OneOfMany

OneOfMany Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    It is a very long acting benzo compared to something like Xanax. I've heard numbers of 2-3mg, 6mg, and 15-20mg all for different people to get euphoric. No idea if you'd get sleepy with too little (or if that's a sign that you're getting too much).

I am also interested in finding an optimal dosage...They tried a single 2mg last night and ended up adding in some other things to make it fun. Just had a similar effect as you got (woozy knees, but not much mental changes were noticed).

3. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    You might have taken too small of a dose for the more euphoric effects. i have had some fun wiht clonazapam before but i took between 8 and 12 dont remember specifically but somewhere in there. These drugs are made to make you sleepy and tired. It might have just done its pharmaceutical duty. Id try a little larger dose before dismissing it completely. wait a week or so because it is my experience that benzo tolerance goes up very quickly.

You sound like you have the syptoms of a decent benzo experience though, ionno maybe you were expecting something different from what a benzo wil lgive you. what exaclty were u looking for? and how did u feel during the 2 hours between the 6th pill and sleep?

4. philtll

philtll Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would advise that if you have trouble falling asleep on these (as he sometimes does as well), you:

- Don't lie down in bed and get comfortable. Or do. Else be prepared to wake up 3-4 hours later perplexed, but still under the effects. If you have a nice easy chair, sit up and listen to music, or do whatever...the WWW can be very engaging...
    - Maybe, have someone take you to do an activity. See a movie, go to a party, something, if you feel comfortable doing so (which you probably will - I would best sum up benzos in general as "yeah, that sounds okay...")
    - Drink something with caffeine. It subtly stimulates you enough to stay awake and explore.

5. oggy

oggy R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Yes swim fineds these the most sleepy benzos out of all he has tried so far.

6. youngandwasted

youngandwasted Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    has anyone snorted it?????

7. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
  8. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how long does clonazepam usually last...say I took 3-5 mgs of clonazepam at 1130...

would he still be feeling it after he woke up the next day at aroudn 2-330?

9. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Clonazepam is rapidly and completely absorbed after oral administration. Peak plasma concentrations occur by 4 hours. Half life is between 18 and 50 hours (compared to up to 200 for diazepam). Therapeutically clonazepam is given as a twice daily dose (and up to 4 times daily) at up to 1mg.

What I am saying is that (theoretically) SWIH should probably NOT still be feeling a (therapeutic) dose at plus 12 hours. But then 5mg is not a therapeutic dose (it is 5 X therapeutic) so you should expect some hangover!

10. pharmapsyche

Reputation Points:
    Clonazepams remind me of Meals on Wheels volunteers. They always can turn your day into a tranquil vacation.
    Just some food for thought

11. pharmapsyche

Reputation Points:
    benzenerings, is that temazepam gettng to SWIM's head..."clonazepams remind me of meals on wheels volunteers. They always can turn your day into a tranquil vacation"...haha, I love it.

12. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I've been Clonazapam 1mg for over a year. I'm one of those people that all benzos work for anxiety but only put me to sleep if I ever try to abuse them. I also stopped taken Klonopin after taking 2 every day for 6 months with no withdrawl whatsoever. I'm not the right person to talk to about abusing Benzo's for sure. .5mg works great at killing a bad trip or when smoking pot.

13. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    To be sure: It would be very stupid to stop taking Benzos cold turkey. I am delighted to hear that you didn't have seizures.

14. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well as im accustomed too, i fell asleep before the clonazepam peak (after 1 or 2 hours) dissapointed as i was that i wasnt hble to feel the complete effects. But i got up at around 145 and until just now (645) i have been stumbling around alittle bit,m and my worlds have been slurred and switched around... like earlier i was talking to nmy mom and was playing with my dogs and said ( "dont worry mom come back he willl") since my dog had just ran around the ho use. and just little sentences like that..

but i plan on robotripping tonight...so ill post some more later

pz

15. warandhate

warandhate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    robotrippin?

whats robo trippin sounds fun i took 7 .5mg pills tonite over like 2hours and i dunno if im really feeling much a little benzo feel but nothing like the xanax do are clonz just not as strong as xanax like is ,5 of xan the same as .5 of clonzapam or are they just totall different drugs and have different feelings

16. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Robotripping - Robitussin medicines or any other medicines that contain the chemical Dextromethorphan.

At high doses, it causes a rather really fun recreational trip.

17. Kpinman

Kpinman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I would like to know how many K-pins should be taken to feel really, really good. I have a legal script of 0.5mg 100 tabs. What is a SAFE dosage that can be taken?

18. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    start with .5 mg if You has no experience with it. then work swiy's way up from there, be careful because blackouts can happen with klonopin. stay away from any other drugs and alcohol during the experience as well.

19. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Does You have a lot of anxiety normally? If not, it's quite possible Klonopin won't give any really, really good feeling at all -- simply a feeling of unsteadiness, being off balance, drowsy, relaxed & a bit loopy.

Clonazepam (like most benzos) is relatively harmless if not mixed with other CNS depressants like alcohol. Rxlist.com lists side effects of overdosage as "somnolence, confusion, coma, and diminished reflexes." Drugs.com says this: "Symptoms of a Clonazepam overdose include sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, a slow heart beat, difficulty breathing, difficulty walking and talking, an appearance of being drunk, and unconsciousness." I took an overdose of clonazepam once (half-arsed suicide attempt) with ridiculously little negative effects as a result. Basically he got sleepy, slightly dizzy & felt really exhausted/burned out... that was it!

So... You could take a fairly large amount without substantial risk (aside from eventual addiction & tolerance), as long as *all* interactions with other substances are accounted for. Never overdo a substance on the first few tries, of course.

P.S. and yeah, any benzo can cause "blackouts" and memory issues. Never once has for SWIM, but apparently some are more prone to it than others.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  20. Kpinman

Kpinman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I took 6 pills of .5mg which = 3mg. I took this orally all at once. I felt good/slightly relaxed, yet hardly felt euphoric. 3 hours later I am simply tired and wants to go to bed.

Would it be better to crush 3mg and take it that way?

And I want to avoid OD: so at what point isa certain mg too much?

Thanks for the quick responses!:)