Experiences - close call...

Discussion in 'DXM' started by drlove88, Feb 25, 2007.

1. drlove88

drlove88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have done dxm several times, but never a dose higher than 536mg. I find it to be a calming euphoric experience at doses around or lower than that. I find that he is somewhat sensitive, so he trips harder with less dxm compared to other people.

So one night SWIM eats dinner at 5:30pm. I have a really good day and decides he wants to trip that night. Around 12:15am I take a bottle of robogels and a bottle of tussinDM. Swim still doesn't feel anything by 1:45am so swim lay down and start to doze off. Swim wakes up tripping, and it was rather interesting. Fast forward, swim starts to come down around 10am. All in all, I had a great trip, but will skip details because the real story is below this.

The next night swim decides he wants to trip again, but not as hard, just to have a good time. Swim eats a late lunch at around 3:30pm, goes out and has a somewhat busy day. I am still in a great mood and decides to go buy a bottle of robogels for the night. It is around 12:30am and Swim's buddy says he wants to go back to their dorm because he was bored in their hometown. Swim and friend get into the car and are headed back to college. (friend is driving) so swim pops the robogels down the hatch and snacks on some goldfish crackers to keep them down. (keep in mind that I hadn't eaten since 3:30). dosing on an empty stomach has never been a problem for swim and I has noticed better effects on an empty stomach.

At about 1am Swim starts to feel naseus. Swim asks his buddy to pull over so he can just puke, because swim knows it's gonna be a bad trip at this point. I am already tripping hard and can't focus on anything. Swim and friend are on the interstate** Buddy pulls over and swim gets out and throws up a little, mostly goldfish he thinks. it was very dark. I am freezing because it's the middle of winter so he sits back down in the car. Several cars pass while I am puking and swim worries that they might hit their car. Shortly after swim gets in the car, he sees flashing red and blue lights in the rearview mirror. I am very nervous now and closes his eyes and opens them, hoping it's just the dxm doing this. buddy says "don't worry you'll be fine." swim greatly trusts buddy so he tries to relax. a bright white light starts shining in thru our back window and I am getting more nervous. Swim cannot see anything but the light shining at him and his buddy. the light comes up next to the driver's side window and Buddy rolls down the window. Officer says "everything ok?" Swim's buddy says "yes, he was just feeling a little sick so I pulled over." officer asks Swim (while shining extremely bright light at swim) "are you ok, do you want me to call an ambulence?" Swim replies "no thanks, i'll be ok." Buddy rolls up the window and we drive back to our dorm. I have a little trouble exiting the vehicle to walk back into the dorm, but makes it there okay with the help of his Buddy.

Swim just wanted to say that he believe this is a sign that he should stop dexxing and he is going to do so. It was too close of a call and I think "if swim were to get caught, how would I explain to his parents that he was drinking cough syrup?" Swim definitely thinks someone was watching over him that night and is extremely thankful the officer didn't ask swim to get out of the car and do any tests. I would have been screwed. I am done dexxing from this day forward. hopefully this story has inspired some others to stop or at least be very careful.

1. 4/5,
      Thanks for sharing your experience.
      Feb 26, 2007
  2. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The officer probably just figured you were drunk, as college students often are. :)

ECL

3. CountChristoph

CountChristoph Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    SWIM usually has a bad trip when he starts the trip with lots of people. (Specially in a car, gross)
    I like to start the trip on his own. and get used to whats going on around him. Than he can join the party :)

4. drlove88

drlove88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah, I was just paranoid and really shaken up during/after the trip. swim may dex over spring break with some buddies in a relaxed environment, but for now, I am takin a break.

5. Chunkz

Chunkz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Come on dude(drlove88)! I don't know if you are aware, but the officer doesn't even have a way to find out. Even if he took you in, there aren't any standard tests to test robo!

P.S-Keep Drinkin that ROBO, it's alright.

6. Bujin

Bujin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Even if some one were to trip on DXM its in over the counter products and if the said person wasn't driving the vehicle what could they get into any trouble or have problems for?

7. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It depends on location. As far as I'm aware (and I'm no lawyer so don't quote me on this) there are no legal consequences of DXM abuse.

Thing is, here in the UK, there are laws on drunk passengers. If a car accident is caused by a drunk (or indeed intoxicated by other means) passenger, the driver gets done for carrying them. And the passenger gets a lifetime of guilt and bad karma, but that's another story.

Unless you'd like to explain to Officer Hardass that you just chugged down a bottle of cough medicine and munched through a bottle of gelcaps to get high, you'll be treated as just another drunk guy and, provided nothing happens as a result of it, you'll be just fine.

From Richard_Smoker's DXM dangers post:
    There's your answer.
    ~Dark

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  8. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

That is fucked up. Here in the US, those who drive drunks home are considered heroes for preventing the drunk from driving his or her self. If a drunk causes an accident by messing with the driver, they should be the one punished.

ECL

9. drlove88

drlove88 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Swim just felt that all his senses were enhanced. cold was extremely cold, lights were extremely bright, sounds were extremely loud, etc.

10. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I actually found out it was a lie! My mother told me that so I didn't drive my borderline-alcoholic friend around all weekend.

Sorry for posting trash. Apparently... "I did it cause I care". Right, so I have a moody friend who chips his teeth diving into a wheelie bin, and a lifetime of guilt. Wheeee :mad:

11. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    And yeah, that's totally normal.

I found a few weeks ago that the flanging effect on his vision actually caused lightbulbs to 'strobe' on and off. Was NOT pleasant.

~Dark