Side effects - Closed Eye Visuals From Marijuana After Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by billyloner, Feb 24, 2005.

1. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    i had some mushrooms about 4 weeks ago, and it was the first time id properly experienced visuals. it was very intense. last night i got stoned, the first time ive been stoned since having the mushrooms. and when i went to bed, i had all these crazy visuals when i closed my eyes - not very strong, quite faint in fact, but visible. my mind was racing a bit as it tends to do if ive had a smoke, and id just watched alice in wonderland, so my visuals were mainly alice doing weird stuff like walking along paths and stuff. i couldnt clearly make out it was alice, but i 'knew' it was anyway.

anyone else noticed this? is it a normal thing to have happen? it doesnt bother me, it was kinda cool and i wouldnt mind if it happened whenever i smoked, just curious if its normal or not...

2. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Yes, 4 weeks ago I also had some shrooms and I ate some hasj while
    tripping, 2 weeks after that I had open eye visuals when being very
    stoned but now I dont have that anymore but it isn't uncommen so don't
    worry that you're stuck in a trip or something[​IMG]

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    The last time I had visuals, he swallowed a 1/4 of hash raw and let it sink in. It's one intense effect.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  4. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    unfortunately it only happened that one time [​IMG]ahh well!

5. shneddi

shneddi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes... almost every time i smoke alot of week i get CEV cos of mushrooms. tbh, its kinda worrying now.

Glad you say its perfectly normal [​IMG]

its like the mushrooms have opened up a path from my imagination or something... really wierd.

6. orange_sopp

orange_sopp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: closed eye visuals from weed

Hello... was just exploring the site and found this post - I had avery similar experience, the only difference being that it was not shrooms but LSD which preceded the CEV while on weed. I had never experienced CEV while on weed previous to the LSD trip. Crazy images of bicycles floating in the air (no rider) with psychadelic orange diamonds (the shape, not the rock) changing colors above... Ok that's enough =)

7. chAos

chAos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from belgium

CEV's from weed aren't that strange. Every stoner I know had CEV's from just smoking weed. Although they are rather uncommon for swim. I had CEV's from weed before his first experience with psychedelics, so it's not because of the mushrooms/lsd. But maybe experiencing visuals on psychedelics makes it easier to recognize it while stoned.

OEV's on weed seem like a myth to swim, or at least he can be rather sure he will never experience OEV's on weed alone :p.

8. orange_sopp

orange_sopp Newbie

Reputation Points:

Hey there,
    SWIM experienced almost exactly the same thing (posted about it in fact, back in the LSD forum I believe). I had done LSD previously, and then one day many months later cooked up a batch of weed in some butter, and there were some pretty wild closed-eye visuals that lasted for a while. The effects were uncannily like those experienced in the LSD trip.
    I haven't been able to get the same effect smoking weed, but just with cooking weed for some reason. Try it! =)

9. Binzkin

Binzkin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o

THC is a mild hallucinogen, so close eyed visuals are pretty common, I have even had mild color changes with eyes open after hitting the bong a bunch of times packed with some good stuff, even when other hallucinogens hadn't been consumed for several months

10. Epoch

Epoch Newbie

Reputation Points:

ive gotten faint OEV while on weed after taking MDMA.

11. rocksmokinmachine

rocksmokinmachine Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from earth

I have had CEV ever since one intense mushroom trip that sometimes seems to repeat itself when he smokes weed. Strange.

12. reapher

reapher Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Sometimes with very potent weed or hash, SWIM notices very very faint visual overlay, closed and open eye. Not quite the caliber of "true" psychedelic hallucinogens but things like very faint color bursts, waves of color, and what SWIM describes as "electric-type visuals." They remind SWIM very much of what he'd think electricity might look like, sort of hard zig-zagging twisted lines of close blue and green hues stretched across his vision. SWIM never noticed anything visual at all with marijuana before his ventures into the realm of psychedelics but even now it's hardly noticeable and much more prominent with extremely high potency strains such as Matanuska Tundra and assorted hashes. SWIM mostly notices this when looking at a blank white wall or something otherwise it's extremely hard to notice because it's so faint, but definitely there.

13. Twiglet

Twiglet Silver Member

Reputation Points:

After taking D.M.T during day, at night when going to sleep he says he sees the swirling kaleidoscope effect, he loves so much, the way he descibes it, is so vivid it's like i see it myself;)

14. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

my probation officer gets CEVs sometimes from weed.last time he only had a half gram to his head of okay bud.time before that was at a local pot festival.

15. TMM

TMM Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Rudolph (the red-nosed reindeer...) had the faintest of CEVs from weed once, when he was more stoned than he had ever been before or has been since. He'd forgotten about that, actually. In fact, last night when he was lying in bed trying to sleep, he was able to concentrate and form the absolute faintest of CEVs, while completely sober.

16. chrisn

chrisn Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

For as long as my pet dragon can remember, he's gotten quite vivid CEV's from just weed. They change rapidly and flow along with music, and often get stuck in limited color palettes. It takes effort occasionally to restore color to the visuals. Even with eye's open, he'll see the visuals when looking at something dark, although with much less color associated.