club cards

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by polloloco001, May 11, 2005.

1. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    does anybody live in cali and know the process for getting a club card. do you have to be 18?

2. AdrenalineJunki

AdrenalineJunki Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'd assume you'd have to be 18, cant tell for sure as i live in IL. Ask around

3. Fred the Janitor

Fred the Janitor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i do live in cali but i dont have one... i have friends
    that do though... i think the website is ... That's
    not it
    or something or google oakland cannabis
    buyers cooperative... ive heard you can just go and
    say you have insomnia and you can get one Edited by: Woodman

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    ??? What ???

Why am I not going to California right now???Edited by: Woodman

5. turfshark_40

turfshark_40 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The website is ... Posting links is not allowed
    outside of the sources forum
    Edited by: Woodman

6. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    The Club Card ... don't leave home without it.

There is a Club Card ... but (real) soon there will be a California State ID Card (better).

In 1996, the voters of California (forward-thinking, compassionate people) passed a law to make Medical Marijuana legal if you have one of several diseases (and the catch-all, chronic pain).

So, if you "qualify" physically, just go to a Doctor, and have him sign a Recommendation form. The hard part was, most Doctors were afraid of the FDA taking away their right to prescribe medicines (and, most would not sign the form).

A very few Doctors, however, bucked the system, and advertised that they would sign forms for the qualified people (thanks Doc). I went to one of them (with my medical file). He reviewed the records, chatted a bit about marijuana specifics (how much, how often, ...)

A few minutes later, he signed the Recommendation form (oh happy day). This form, itself, is the Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card. If you are confronted by a policeman, just show him the Original form.

One of the FIRST Dispensaries was the Oakland Cannabis Buyers Cooperative. They, for convenience (at least) designed an ID card. Your first visit, you bring in your Recommendation. They call your Doctor (he says: "I signed it"). They take your picture. Two minutes (and $25) later, you have an OCBC Club Card, which is valid for the length of the Doctor's Recommendation (1 year).

This is called the "Gold" Card. Almost all of the Cannabis Buyers Clubs accept this Club Card as proof of a valid Doctor's Recommendation (although I have to "register" once at some clubs: name address, etc.). I just show it at the door, the guard checks my picture and expiration date, I walk in, go to the back room, inspect any of 30-or-so strains, pick what I want, pay (some Clubs even take Credit Cards), and leave happy.

There (so far) is no State-Wide Marijuana ID card, but IT will be available in August (2 months, and 10 days).California lawmakers voted to allow us (Med Pot users) a water-tight Right-To Possess marijuana ID Card a couple years ago (thank you guys and girls).

This card is hooked up to a database; the cop calls in, he gives my ID Number, the operator says: "It's legal"; then the cop tells me to go on my way (with my medicine). This is good.

This will "plug-up" the major leak in using the Original Recommendation form. Today, if I am stopped by a cop (AND, my Doctor's office is closed), he can't verify my legality. So, the cop COULD impound my medicine (and force me to go to a Judge to get it back) ... or, he could cite (or even arrest) me, and force me to see a judge AND a District Attorney to get my medicine back.

Soon, the Club Card will be obsolete. But it will live-on in my memory as a fun thing.

And, to answer the initial question: A person, under the age of 18 CAN buy Medical Marijuana (as long as he has the written permission of one of his parents).

And, another question: Insomnia is NOT a reason to get a Doctor's Recommendation. The list of conditions includes the BIGGIES, and lesser ones like Arthritis.Edited by: Solidly-here

7. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    "headaches" are your key.

ive even heard of it for "general pain and discomfort"

i bet if you went to the right doctor and said you have chronic ([​IMG]wink at doctor) pain, you'd get one.

8. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I know that RI recently did a thing with medical marijuana. Does anyone know what the things are for it there. I remember Hepititis B, AIDS/HIV, and other things

Muirner

9. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Rhode Island ... Med Pot is half-way there.

Two weeks ago, the Rhode Island Senate voted 9-2 to allow RI patients to possess 2.5 ounces.

If (and when) the whole Senate votes in favor of this law, then it moves on. When the governor gets the bill, hopefully it will be signed into law.

I looked up a couple newspaper articles about the bill, but there were no hard specifics. One paper said: "The legislation would allow a patient with defined symptoms or diseases to get an identification card from the state Department of Health allowing him or her to grow up to 12 marijuana plants or possess 2.5 ounces of marijuana for medical use."