1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - Co-dydramol.

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by Ratsabilly, May 17, 2011.

1. Ratsabilly

Ratsabilly Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hello. Does anyone know anything about co-dydramol? Is it worth taking?

2. RoboCodeine7610

RoboCodeine7610 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    Those contain dihydrocodeine and paracetamol.They are worth taking, but depending on how much paracetamol/acetaminophen is in them you may either be able to take them directly or you may have to preform a CWE (Cold water extraction).

If you need to do do a CWE, search for ¨Robo´s Cold water extraction¨.Keep in mind that paracetamol/acetaminophen poisoning is very dangerous, and you should never, under any circumstances consume more than 4g in 24 hours or 1.5g in one dose maximum.

If you post the dose in each pill, Robo will tell you if it´s worth it to do a CWE.

Robo

3. diffs

diffs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    In the UK, Co-dydramol is usually Dihydrocodeine/Paracetamol 10/500mg. You do get 20/500 and 30/500. If its the 10mg tabs one will prob need to do a CWE like Robo said as even someone with little tolerance will usually need at least 60mg of DHC, which would mean 6 tabs which would contain 3g of Paracetamol......and thats probably the absolute minimum one would need.

4. Routemaster Flash

Routemaster Flash Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The ones you can get without prescription aren't even 10mg, they're 7.46mg (with 0.5g of paracetamol) so a CWE would be necessary even for a very, very light recreational dose.

5. Golden Cobra

Golden Cobra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Hey, apologises for hijacking your thread but I have a related question.

Co-Dydramol is similar to Zapain which a friend of mine has a LOT of apparently. Zapain is CP and Paracetamol 30/500. My friend was wondering, with the recommended dosage of Paracetamol being 4000mg in 24hours, if he took 8 Zapain (240mg codeine 4000mg paracetamol) in one go just once a day would he be safe or should he always perform CWE in cases like this?

6. Space Numpty

Space Numpty Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    CWE. If you like your liver.

To the OP, if you let people know the dosages of DHC to APAP they can comment further, but im generaly of the opinion that CWE is so easy you might as well just do it regardless.

7. Doc_Benway_70

Doc_Benway_70 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Magaret thinks it's a good idea to always CWE - it doesn't take long and it is so much safer. She reckons that she gets a cleaner buzz as well but that might be psychosomatic.

8. timkanu

timkanu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If you have any care for your body then you should never take 4g of paracetamol in one dose, especially not on consecutive days. Though it might not be TOO dangerous, i'm sure there will be a adverse effect on you liver.

When CWE is so easy to do, there is no reason to potentially poison your self in seeking a high.

If you are going to take drugs, then exercise harm reduction and caution in your methods. Be kind to your self and always CWE.

9. Routemaster Flash

Routemaster Flash Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    How long is a piece of string? It's not like there's a magic 'dangerous dose' of paracetamol, and if you stay under that you're fine but if you go above you're doing yourself terrible damage. The more you take and the more often you take it, the more likely you are to do yourself harm and the more severe that harm is likely to be.

With pills containing 30mg of the good stuff for every 0.5g of paracetamol, a nice efficient CWE will be easy and won't take very long as you'll only need a few pills to get a reasonable dose. You don't have to, but it's your liver - the risk is up to you.

10. detoxking

detoxking Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have never tried CWE before. Often wondered how I would get codeine/DHC out of some of the OTC tablets, or the weaker prescription tablets containing paracetamol. In the past I have taken huge amounts of CO-Dydramol tablets in an attempt to get high off the DHC. Unfortunately, the amolunt of paracetamol I was consuming as a consequence just made me feel really sick and I didn't feel any benefit from the DHC. I was lucky not to do myself any real damge from the paracetamol. I know that it is a very toxic drug, and not a pleasant way to die if it starts shutting down your organs. If you are clued up on CWE, then I guess CO-Dydramol is worth getting hold of. However, if you don't know what your doing (and I'm guessing most regular folks don't), then I would not recommend using this drug as a way to get high.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  11. [tanarilla.]

[tanarilla.] Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  12. detoxking

detoxking Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    In response to my apparent suggestion of "manipulating doctors" on this forum - I didn't even mention the word doctor on my post. I was merely talking about my curiosity around cold water extraction, and my foolish past attempt to get high from co-dydramol without removing the paracetamol. I am lucky to be alive. I am not advocating doing it, nor do I recommend taking any medication that is unnecessary or unsafe. I may have seemed to suggest trying to obtain these type of tablets over the counter, but only after taking advice from the pharmacist, as is the protocol in the UK.

My curiosity around cold water extraction has never led to me ever trying it, but if I ever felt compelled to take an opioid/paracetamol based pill because I was in pain then maybe I would consider the prospect of removing the paracetamol from the compound because the immediate physical and often fatal consequences of overdosing on paracetamol in my opinion are far more dangerous than the risk of overdosing on a relatively small amount of codeine or DHC. However, the long term problems related to addiction and dependence on opioids certainly need to be considered before taking any of these tablets - with or without the use of cold water extraction. I cannot give any advice on cold water extraction because I have never tried it or felt the need to try it, because luckily I am now able to legitimately acquire appropriate pain relief when I have had the genuine need for it.

Please, please remember that paracetamol overdose is a horrible, horrific, painful way to die.
    I just wanted to clear that up. Thank you