Combinations - cocaine and Atenolol : Safe Combo?

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by tooktomuch, Sep 8, 2006.

1. tooktomuch

tooktomuch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    my friend wants to know if a combo of 2 atenalol ( 100 mg ) 2 k-pins ( 1 mg each ) and coke. is a safe combo
    I am kinda worried about the combo of the downers with the upper from the coke. swim thanks you for your thoughts...
    cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2007
  2. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    What is You taking Atenalol for? SWIM read up on it a bit and it seems like it can treat a variety of symptoms from hypertension to anxiety and over-active thyroid. SWIM doubts Atenalol and Cocaine will interact.

The Klonopin may nullify some of the desired effects of the Cocaine, however, I am no doctor. I don't see them interacting in a life threatening way, though.

3. Bladerunner

Bladerunner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Any combo with cocaine is potentially dangerous...

4. tooktomuch

tooktomuch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    both are being used to treat anxiety. atenolol is a beta blocker as well it lowers your blood pressure. K-pins , well I think all swims know what that is.
    I should be taking LEXAPRO 20MG but, I do not take them and, has not for a while now ( prolly 9 months and, never really took more than prolly 1 prescription worth (30) )

swim knows that atenalol and coke are not such a bad combo since the atenolol helps with the increased heart rate.
    I was just wondering if mixing downers with uppers is safe and for that matter worth using the downers.
    swim told swim that I should just take the atenalol and when I am ready to call it a night ( really a day, I am up all night most times ) then I should take the K-pins to help swim sleep or I had a prescription for triazolam's also and, those for sure would nock out swim...

-----------------------------------------------------
    that is a heck of alot of swims that were just typed. maybe overdone but, safty first..
    ------------------------------------------------------

thanks for the info.

5. Benzeneringz

Benzeneringz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Cocaine will attenuate the hypotensive effects of atenolol if the two are taken together without clonazepam but I wonder if the clonazepam would facilitate this action reguardless of cocaine administration. GABA is the last say in the transmission of brain impulses, which means that it potentially influences all other neurons instead of being influenced by them. So the effects of clonazepam will ultimately be felt reguardless of how much stimulant one takes. Since this is the case, perhaps clonazepam paves the way for atenolol's hypotensive effects in lieu of cocaine. Just a thought.

1. 4/5,
      great info..thanks. i will pass it on
      Sep 9, 2006
  6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    It's really strange how so many people think mixing downers with uppers may be dangerous. In fact, mixing two downers is what's dangerous (e.g. benzos with alcohol). Mixing downers with uppers has a cancelling effect and typically takes the edge off the upper. I have often taken K. with cola in the past, and it does take the edge off (although reducing the overall impact of the high somewhat).

I have taken all three together, and wouldn't recommend that high a dose of atenolol... he read something about blocking beta-adrenergic effects but not alpha-adrenergic being risky cardiac-wise (?) {edit -- it's risky because it causes severe vasoconstriction}. However, a smaller dose like 12.5-25mg is probably OK and may be protective (lower blood pressure). It never gave SWIM a problem, in any case.

Note that I am not a doctor and this isn't medical advice.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
    1. 5/5,
      Even if you are not a docter....it's still a good post...thumbs up bro..
      Sep 9, 2006
  7. tooktomuch

tooktomuch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    swims psyocologist(sp?) prescribed swim the atenolol and I am to take 50 mgs twice a day and 3 k-pins a day and for sleep 1 to 2 triazolams before bed. I should be taking the lexapro but, decided that he does not need it.
    I has social anxiety and insomnia.

8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Interesting coincidences... the SWIM of my acquaintance is also prescribed atenolol & clonazepam (smaller doses tho) and also lexapro but decided it wasn't needed. No triazolam tho. He also has social anxiety & insomnia too.