1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - cocaine and zoloft

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by kissmegoodbye, Mar 10, 2007.

1. kissmegoodbye

kissmegoodbye Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am taking 50 mg of zoloft daily and wants to know if taking this and cocaine will give a bad effect.

Also SWIM today did around 300 mg of cocaine this morning before school and had the worst come down ever. I felt horribly and had a horrible headache and some chest pains. Why is this suddenly happening?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  2. darawk

darawk Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: mixing zoloft with cocaine

From my understanding of how Zoloft works...i'd say it wouldn't interact with cocaine. But the truth here is that you're on your own - mixing any drugs can have unpredictable effects even if it's a combination that you've done a hundred times before. Also, it's important to point out that this does not mean that ALL anti-depressants will not interact with cocaine. I say that Zoloft probably won't because it's an SSRI, but some AD's inhibit the re-uptake of dopamine as well, and those probably would be dangerous to combine with cocaine.

If You has the Zoloft prescribed by a psychiatrist or other sort of doctor, You should specifically ask him/her about combining it with cocaine. They can't turn you in or tell anyone, you have a client-doctor privilege of confidentiality.

The headache/chest pains/heavy comedown could be indicative of meth or another amphetamine being cut into your coke, or it could be your body telling you to slow down on whatever it is you've been doing(if you've been doing coke regularly, for instance), or it could just be a random fluke occurence. If it was bad enough to scare you a bit, i'd suggest laying off the dopaminergic stimulants(amphetamine, methamphetamine, cocaine, ritalin, etc) for a while.

3. brownie322

brownie322 Newbie

Reputation Points:

SWIM foolishly thought that zoloft might counter the comedown. BIG mistake. She fell asleep, and later woke up in the middle of the night convinced that she was in hell, and was even tempted to light SWIM's bed on fire. Worst trip of her life. It might sound ridiculous now, but it sure wasn't funny then. SWIM's comedown even prolonged to a few days rather than hours. Don't do it.

4. brownie322

brownie322 Newbie

Reputation Points:

To be fair, I should also mention that the dealer mentioned a cut with speed (stupid of SWIM, she knows). Coke is often cut with any of a variety of things, which leads SWIM to believe that You would be taking a huge risk.

If SWIM sounds paranoid, she apologizes, but I would hate for You to go through the same ordeal.

5. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.

Cocaine does have some effect on serotonin, so it's not impossible that something negative could take place combining the two substance.

6. TinnyTinyCokedUPBallerina

TinnyTinyCokedUPBallerina Newbie

Reputation Points:

I am on 75mg of zoloft and has been using cocaine for about 6 months now. She actually started taking the zoloft only four months ago and she finds that her crashes are not as bad when on the anti-depressent. Good luck