Combinations - Cocaine antagonist, to kill cocaine effects

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by Fantasian, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Hey all SWIF is relatively unfamiliar with cocaine use however is asking the following question for a friend. Excuse any obvious lack of knowledge that he presents.

Here is my issue
    SWIF has a good friend who once used cocaine pretty heavily she hasnt used in 3 years and wants to start using on a rare special occasion basis she is worried however that she'll go overboard on the night becuase once she starts on that night she cant stop she wondered whether if she took diazepam after she'd taken so much it would stop cocaines effects regardless of whether she took more. Similar to how a Heroin user might take Nalaxone to stop him using anymore.

If not what other drugs would force the cocaine experience to end?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2007
  2. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    2-methyl-6(phenyethynyl)-pyridine or MPEP has proven to be a effective antagonist in rodents, though I don't know of the effectivity in humans or with test on humans.
    The only problem is to aquire it.Because of the amounts of heroin overdoses on the streets, some states or citys freely provide nalexon to decrease the numbers of deaths.
    This is not the case with any cocaine antagonist, only hospitals have them, I amn't even sure if paramedics have them.

1. 5/5,
      Impressive information report.
      Sep 13, 2006
  3. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Actually, I did just think of something... it's *possible* Neurontin (gabapentin) or Lyrica (pregabalin) would do the trick. These drugs work by inhibiting brain synapses, and apparently inhibiting excitatory neurotransmitter release (at least in some areas of the brain). Basically, they dampen brain activity. So a moderate dose of either substance at some point could throw a big wet blanket on the party, although not exactly forcing the end of coke's activity in the body.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
    1. 5/5,
      Nice idea, thanks
      Sep 13, 2006
  4. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIF has access to both of these medications, is the polypharmacology of this combination dangerous at all. SWIF would hate to be trying to help his friend as cause her major health complications.

you's statement does however make alot of sense.