Effects - Cocaine, could possibly aid in fighting?

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by Dr.Clean, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Dr.Clean

Dr.Clean Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have never used cocaine. But has heard stuff about coke users being shot by guns, and not even noticing. So, is it possible that cocaine could help a person win in a fight, by allowing them to not feel as much pain? Also, i have heard that cocaine doesnt generally cause loss of balance or anything as seen with alcohol, DXM, and other drugs. Is this true?

2. sirmoonie

sirmoonie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You feel less pain on cocaine, that is for sure. Alcohol is better for that, though. You would feel a gunshot on either drug, however.

Cocaine is not an intoxicant the way alcohol is, and you retain much more coordination. If you're looking to fight, you may need alcohol to get the aggression level up.

But get that notion of "winning a fight" out of your head. If you have experience in drug/alcohol induced fighting, you know it's a rare thing for someone to actually win those things. You usually just beat on each other until your friends or the bouncers or the cops break you apart. Sometimes you both just run out of hate. And sometimes, you both realize how stupid and disgusting you are acting and kind of mutually quit. But hardly anyone ever wins, in the conventional sense of the word.

Good luck!

1. 3/5,
      Excellent response, this is absolutely correct
      Jan 8, 2010
  3. Dr.Clean

Dr.Clean Newbie

Reputation Points:
    haha. well I have recently started training for boxing. He's making good progress. So, he probably has more experience and/or better technique overall, than most people. Although, I am not a fan of alcohol. His dad is an ex-alcoholic and he resents it. Anyways, thank-you for your help.

4. Motorfreak231

Motorfreak231 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Homeless in NJ
    I was always under the impression that it is either meth/pcp that can put someone into such a rage/whatever that that might not feel pain.

Theres stories of nazi soldiers, many of which were hopped up on nazi meth, taking 4-5 bullets and keep charging towards their targets.

Now thats a super-soldier. One scary ass image to think of. Imagine pumping 6 rounds into a motherfucker, who jsut recoils with each shot, and keeps on comin, then sticks your ass with a bayonet.

WW1/WW2 or any war for that matter has gotta be incredible. And people wonder why it takes such a toll on the mind.

5. EscapeDummy

EscapeDummy Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would definitely agree that cocaine causes no lack of balance. If anything, it may heighten coordination and focus, although I donn't know if that would hold up in a clinical trial; sure feels like it does though. And Sirmoonie makes a good point about drug-altered fighting, sounds like you're off to a good start with boxing anyway.

Keep in mind cocaine is rough on your heart, probably even more especially in an intense, adrenaline filled activity like a fight.

EscapeDummy added 3 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

I'm sure those stories exist, but consider the vast numbers of normal soldiers who took several bullets and kept fighting without meth or any drugs.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy.html

There's five examples, if you care to read. So it's not like the meth is doing anything extra crazy.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  6. Space Numpty

Space Numpty Bad Mother-Fucker Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from England
    SWIM knew a retired Gypsy "cobble" fighter. Apparently they all used to inject a drug they called "Venom" before a fight. Apparently it is a mixture of PCP and Amphetamine. SWIM's gypsy friend told him it turned a man into a psychotic killing machine who felt no pain.

Nice people, the Gypsys.

7. questforstarfish

questforstarfish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If swiyour dad was an ex-alcoholic, how is a cocaine addiction less harmful than drinking? Coke will not make you aggressive enough to win a fight you can't win without it, and a drug habit is most certainly not worth a few good fights.

Seriously, training enough and having the skill will get you as far as you can get, drugs are not the answer in cases like these!

8. Dr.Clean

Dr.Clean Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I wasnt looking for something to help him in a fight. He was merely wondering if it could possibly help. And I was just curious about the numbing effect, not the rage. But, SWIM's dad also used cocaine. Not that its any better(probably worse), it's just he didnt beat me under the influence of cocaine... at least not that i was aware of.

9. greenmonkey

greenmonkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from earth
    I have boxed while on both Coke and Alcohol at the same time and felt very little. The next day is hell though.