Social - Cocaine: Friends Who Do It - Friends Who Don't

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by mibadboy, Dec 3, 2006.

1. mibadboy

mibadboy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so I has friends who do blow and friends who don't. i know swim's friends that don't do it know that I do it. sometimes swim hears the friends that don't do mock swim by sniffing and all that shit. then swim gets really paranoid.

people are so judgemental and it's not like I do it in front of them or does a lot. swim's sister and boyfriend also know that I has/does it. everytime I go to their house, he/she blows the nose constantly. maybe if they would fucking clean their dusty house - this wouldn't happen. using the line 'allergies...' does get old. they make little comments out of the blue in regards to blow and it's annoying. I feel like he/she is always being checked on everytime I go to the bathroom at a club.

are other swims in the same boat and feel this way? and how do swims handle this? my friends who do it says that I am being very paranoid, but swim knows what he/she hears.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  2. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Friends Who Do It - Friends Who Don't

That happens when I am around people who don't understand dope. Tell them to stop that shit because it pisses swim off.

If they dont, then just proceed with doing whatever swim normally does when faced with insubordination.

3. frenchywife

frenchywife Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am so glad you brought this up - I thought she was alone! Swim's friends are mostly straightedges which kinda of sucks for swim for this causes many issues, such as constant hiding, lying and cover-ups, plus the fact that I feel quite lonely in engaging in this and other extracurricular activities and wishes she could share these experiences, etc.

I have these two friends who do exactly what you described all the time - and it really pissed SWIM off - it was so bad (the jokes, the deragatory comments, etc., that it got to the point where enough was enough and SWIM confronted these people and told them to lay off and that their behavior was unacceptable - since then, these friends have not made any verbal comments, but SWIM can still feel their disdain and negative attitude. I have since distanced herself from these people. I know how frustrating this whole situation is and it sucks! Why do people act this way? I have always been accepting and tolerant - whatever floats your boat, right?

4. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    You did the right thing. Swia has had this problem with other substances and in the end she abandoned those people. So they could go on mock things that scared them alone. or least not with her present. Its so sad that people have to be ignorant around an activity thats been going for centuries but no make it illegal and your lose your identity and been showered with petty comments by the ignorant. Swia knows where your coming from.

5. laws0n

laws0n Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM's main group of friends dont do anything at all. and I am kind of glad that they dont because that way I dont get more into substances or have to lend my friends money or deal with all that crap. SWIM's friends dont know that I do anything and I like to keep it that way =).

6. frenchywife

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Alicia,

Thanks for your comments and I appreciate your kind words. Even though SWIM distanced herself from these people, they are still a part of SWIM's life and she is stuck for she can't just ditch them - it's hard to explain, but it's something she had to deal with it - SWIM just hates how goody two shoes they are and how they down on SWIM - UGH!

BTW, I have a fairly silly question, I am new here doesn't understand certain acronyms on almost every post: SWIM, you, SWIT & SWIA - I have a gist of the meaning, but not quite sure and a search was also performed with no luck - also there is confusion as to when and why these acronyms should be used - hope you can help - thanks!

7. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM: Somone Who Isn't Me
    you: Someone Who Isn't You
    SWIJ: Someone Who Isn't Jatelka

Should be used when talking about ALL incriminating behaviour.
    SWIJ finds it easiest to remain in third person, that way she doesn't get too confused and slip up!

8. frenchywife

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Great - that was a big help, but I've also seen SWIT - what does that mean?

9. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Ah J, beat me to it.

i hope this helps

SWIA - Someone Who Isn't Alicia
    You - Someone Who Isn't YOU
    SWIM- SOMEONE WHO IS'NT ME

You can talk about some in the third person, while no incrimating yourself thats the idea and rule here too.

10. frenchywife

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Alicia,

Thanks it does help, except for one thing - what's the difference between SWIA and SWIM - for example, instead of using SWIM, could I just use SWAF (Someone who isn't frenchywife)?

11. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Yeh that could work there is no difference really it means the same it just means your adding a slight personnel touch to the SWIM thing thats all

SO yeh SWIF (someone who isn't frenchywife) would be g8.

12. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Swim fell out with many friends over weed. When I started smoking, all of a sudden my friends stop talking to him and the group of friends he was smoking with.

This bothered swim at first but in the end he chose the drugs and ended up very close to his drug taking friends. He still knows many of his old friends and the irony is they will all go and get drunk at the weekend. Swim looks down at them because he was never a massive drinker and hates the idea of 8 pints a fight and a kabab.

One night high on weed I was thinking about this in depth and decided that I don't like drink in the same way they dont like weed, or the same way someone else hates junk but loves their coke, or someone who likes red but hates blue. Its personal pref and there really is nothing you can do about it. The flip of this train of thought was that I decided he hates no drug and excepts that people are as passionate about their poison as I am to his.

Maybe that helps, maybe not. Felt good to tell someone though, maybe someone else will be as inspired as I was. =D

13. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Re: substance use in general, SWIM tends to keep it to himself... it really is not accepted by most in today's society, so why talk about it unless it's necessary. ISO it's neither something to be proud of, nor something to disparage (but most seem to believe it's one or the other).

14. str8ballin

str8ballin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Generally people who use, tend not to associate with the general population because like Nicaine said drug use is highly unacceptable in todays world and usually the only people that you would feel comfortable around are other people that use...But you gotta watch it cuz those types of people probably aren't really your friends at all.They just wanna use you to get high or if you have money...Then when you decide to quit they are nowhere to be found.

15. Humanity

Humanity Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from estonia
    I suggest you listen to the song: The Streets - The Irony of it All... really nice song comparing weed and alcohol :)
    You can see it with video on youtube... it's also got a nice beat :D

16. Humanity

Humanity Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from estonia
    Oh and OnTopic:
    Luckily, SWIM's class all started doing drugs at some point, first it was SWIM's friends.. doing weed and stuff and then SWIM joined them, we're all good friends who like to get together occasionally and smoke some :)

But I still have to hide it from my older bro and sister :p
    That's just a pain...

17. Jessica_Raven

Jessica_Raven Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    SWIM's friends are pretty straight, a lot of them don't know about SWIM's drug use, the few that DO know think of it as a non issue because they have seen SWIM snort up and see her while high and know that she is more or less coherent during this time and is pleasant to be around

SWIM's boyfriend doesnt do coke but enjoys it when I do it, and encourages her in it, cause around him on coke she becomes a total nymphomaniac

18. tooblue4you

tooblue4you Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from The Netherlands
    My friends mostly all sniff, along with his girlfriend. Which doesnt make it easy to stay away. Only a couple of friends dot do it but ones a alcoholic and ones a complete weed head and spends more on weed than i do on coke every month.

Although even if My friends didnt do it i still think he would blow.:D

19. TinnyTinyCokedUPBallerina

TinnyTinyCokedUPBallerina Newbie

Reputation Points:
    same shit happens to me, mostly with swim's roommate. At first she uses to get pissed about it. Until one day he sat her down and explained the reason he tries to make a joke out of her situation is because he is truly so scared for her.
    As for all of swim's other friends they were either into different substances and for some reason wouldn't except swim's personal drug of choice, or swim knew they wouldn't accept it, so swim began distancing herself the more she started doing, and now she doesn't really hang out with anyone but those that accept her for who she is and what she does (besides her roommate, just because they are been best friends since elementary school)

20. dbjay417

dbjay417 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have very few friends that don't do coke, and half of them see it as cool and edgey but are scared to do it. The other half are pretty cool about it because they respect freedom of choice and have a "to each his own" additude. I don't deal with narrow minded people.

Drug use is prolific in my area. Most drugs that come from NYC into New England come right through this area on their way up to Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire. The state police refer to it as the 91 Corridor. Its bad because the local economy is in such shambles, but if things were better this would be a perfect place to live.