Effects - Cocaine tolerance, especially IV administered

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by Beltane, May 11, 2006.

1. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    SWIM's been without a scale for several weeks now and has therefore been eyeballing everything. Prior to that he was able to record weight of cocaine alog with time, injection area, etc.

He's wondering if tolerance to cocaine administered IV grows quickly if at all. He feels as if he's doing slightly bigger shots than before, tho thru it all records show that he averages between an hour and two hours between shots.

From the people he's IV'd with, his shots are on the larger end and he's used IV for about a year.

Thanks-

- Beltane

2. zero

zero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I say the tolerance goes up slightly but he thinks it wouldn't climb beyond a certain dose. No matter how much of a habit you have, too big a shot of coke will kill you.

1-2 hours between shots? Is You shooting ONLY coke or is there something in there to ease the comedown between shots? I used to do a shot about every 20 minutes or so when on a serious coke shooting binge. If he was doing speedballs maybe a little longer but never 2 hours. Maybe he was an extremist.

3. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    One of the reasons SWIM loves cocaine is that it takes him to a place of deep and joyous involvement in whatever task he sets his mind to between shots. He doesn't notice any sort of come down during a binge except that at the very end. Looking at past notes, there's been some as low as 35 or 45 minutes, but as stated, 1.5 hours is average.

Also, sometimes it can take 30-45 minutes for SWIM to find a vein on a bad day. He's at that place where's he's done enough in the past 6 months to get pretty good at IV, while leaving himself almost no decent veins to work with as he's killed a good many-- most probably temporarily-- in the learning process. If he were to take 3 months off and binge only occasionally he'd have few problems I'm guessing.

Edit: Mostly SWIM shoots only coke. First shot of the day is sometimes, if shooting with this particular friend, half ritalin for some reason. Also, near the end of a binge, I will start stack oral xanax doses in to ease the comedown and, timed correctly, ease a smooth transition to sleeping.

- Beltane