Drug info - cocaine use on rise in the uk

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by adzket, May 28, 2006.

1. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    this information comes from the mixmag (leading music, dance ,club-culture magazine uk) big drugs servay which is used by clubbers, police and policy makers the world over. this servay is done every year and filled in by its readers. (so is by no meens 100% coclusive but results and storys are intersting).

cocaine, the price is falling - promting a hoovering sesh that's bigger than ever.

cocaine storys have dragged a line of white powder through some of the highest sections of uk society in 2005 - and we're not talking about your sitting room on a sunday morning. more of you are doing coke than ever and 7.15 of you say you've taken more than 5 grams in a session.

in september the evening standard reported it had found "evidence of widespread cocaine use at the labour party conference". after refusing to answer questions about wether he'd snorted coke in the 80s, conservative leader david camoron finally came kinda clean, saying he had the "right to a private life before politics". in october he denied he'd ever takein cocain - as an mp that is, leaving a question mark over the rest of his life before his parliamentary career. labur mp dennis skinner was banned from the house of commons in december for saying that "in the 1980s the only thing that was growing was the lines of coke in front of boy george (refering to the shadow chancellor george osbourne) and the rest of the tories". oh, and there was kate moss. the nation was up in arms. then she did the virgin ad dressed like a normal housewife and all was forgiven.

britain, it seams, has woken up to the fact that cocain isn't far behind the pint of lager as the nation's favourite method of getting blasted. the falling price of cocain around the country has probably helped. this year's drugs survey found that you're paying £30 on average for a gram of coke - in 2001 you paid £44 on average.

*what you take in a session.......

1/8th of g 12%
    1/2 of a g 27%
    3/4 of a g 9%
    1 g 31%
    1.5 g's 7%
    2 g's 7%
    3 g's 3%
    4 g's or more 2%

*how many of your friends take coke?
    1. none 0.2%
    2. less than half 32%
    3. about half 29%
    4. more than half 23%
    5. all or nearly all 15%

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2007
  2. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Let me be the first to say what an absolute bargain this is. And to think, I was paying ten times that last year...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2006
  3. Bladerunner

Bladerunner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yes I think the article is quite accurate in so far it's being used more and more by young people on a night out. It's also become the drug of choice for celebrities and middle-classes....

4. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    For your own safety please do no tell how much you pay for coke......or cock for that matter.

5. adzket

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    cock lol thanks for pointing that one out edited now I was not posting prices mearly qouting prices mentioned in artical i had checked with alfa, this was ok befor doing it. i would not want to break the rules.

6. Jessica_Raven

Jessica_Raven Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    hhmmm interesting, SWIM kind of hopes this trend continues, her bf lives in the UK and they have discussed her moving there with him

7. Bladerunner

Bladerunner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  8. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I was not aware that cock was a controlled substances no matter what the legalities are of paying for a well hung manwhore in the UK. Sorry.

9. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Coke has flooded the UK, there is no doubt about it. I used to be able to score all sorts of different drugs but now all that seems to be around is coke, weed and X (and thats getting less popular). Coke seems to be everywhere.

10. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    That's purely because greedy dealers are in it just for the money. There's no money to be made from MDMA any more (though that's their fault for cutting it with so much shit and not being able to tell the difference) so the greedy ones in clubs move to coke which is still profitable (although the price is falling too).

The ones in it for the love (and a bit of cash on the side, most of them), still try to get a range of substances they love out there. Look hard and you'll find what you're after.

11. adzket

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    this was mearly to point out that the price is falling and more people are doing it and its no longer just the rich doing it eather as XXX to day is not the same as it was in the 80's so many more people get there hands on it and not just in clubs i would not say coke has taken over any other drugs place just more openly avalible than it was going back 10yrs or so.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2006