Drug info - Codeine Basics

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by MrJim, May 1, 2007.

1. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Please Post Codiene Basics Here:
    Note this is for information only, please stay on topical and keep it as facts rather than conversation.

2. alexm23

alexm23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Codiene Basics

Codeine is in Tynenol 3, so back-pain (which is difficult to disprove) or other intense pain such as strep throat usually receives a prescription for it. The suggested dose is 1-2 every four hours, but a recreational effect won't be felt unless combined with something else.

SWIM strongly suggests combining at 1-3 T3s with a moderate dose of weed for a smooth, mild euphoric effect. It's a great way to get a feel for the drug. As always, start small and this is probably the best way to start in SWIM's opinion.

3. Binzkin

Binzkin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

SWIM agress that T-3s aren't very great for recreation, If You can get a hold of about 5 or 6 pills and do a cold water extraction, I'm sure he'll have better results. Tylenol kinda scums the high and as little wants to be taken as possible

4. lostribe

lostribe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    If I am lucky enough to have codeine sulfate (codeine without adulterants) Swim recommends:

1. taking 60mg to 120mg of codeine sulfate crushed up nice and fine
    2. dissolving said dosage in 4ml to 5ml of warm water
    3. using an oral medication rig WITH OUT needle to suck up solution
    4. apply small amount of lube to said rig ( Vaseline or KY )
    5. insert very gently into My anal cavity ( preferably up to hilt of plunger )
    6. inject said solution in to My anal cavity GENTLY
    7. clean up then lay on left side for about 15 min

Effects are almost immediate and quite pleasurable! Be careful! Dosage takes much less using this method! If one is opiate naive it may be too much! ENJOY! ;)

5. Tortoise

Tortoise Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

Swim's suggestion is to try taking codeine on as empty a stomach as possible. If taking codeine in solution it'll hit within 8 minutes, easy.

No anal penetration needed.

6. AlexM

AlexM Newbie

Reputation Points:

I would like to know about tolerance of this medication.
    I take this drug for shoulder pain, and it seems as though after time it requires a higher dose to alleviate the same pain. My question is:
    If you were to stop taking this drug for a period of time, and returned to it, would the tolerance still be in place? Or would your body not be used to it and tolerance would go down?

I'm working heavily on pain management and would like to discuss with my doctor potentially switching back and forth from removing me from narcotics when I'm not in as much pain then putting me back if I'm experiencing a bad episode - This way I don't have to take as much for the same pain management.

So can tolerance be removed?

7. Panthers007

Panthers007 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Tolerance to narcotics, including codeine, develop rapidly and wear off rapidly. Generally within about a week. People who stop for a week or so should be very aware of this. If they were to take an amount that was normal for them after the tolerance has abated - they run the risk of overdosing/death.

Be Careful!

8. RoboCodeine7610

RoboCodeine7610 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Purgatory

When SWIM dicovered how easy it was to preform a CWE, he started to dose every night for about 4 nights.I was taking about 135mg of codeine every time, and by the 4th night, SWIM realised that there was almost no euphoria to the trip and he realized he had developed tolerance.So SWIM stopped for abut 2 days and on the 3rd day he took the same amount and had almost as much euphoria as his first time...So yes, I think that tolerance to opioids (at least codeine) develops extremely quickly and disapears just as quick

9. meaculpa

meaculpa Newbie

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o from U.K.

since joining this forum I has decided to CWE in future as 12 year addiction to codeine [co-codamol] has probably FU swims insides, but swim can`t give up codeine as it is the only thing keeping swim sane. advice to swiy, tolerance and dependence builds up very quickly so be careful and NEVER take pills, swim wishes she knew about CWE many years ago. be careful, be happy :)

10. RoboCodeine7610

RoboCodeine7610 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Purgatory

Does anybody know how much codeine I would have to take to become physically addicted?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  11. meaculpa

meaculpa Newbie

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o from U.K.

swim can`t remember but origionally took para-codamol for pain relief. swim liked the effect so took them everday to feel good, soon I became addict, 12 years later she`s still an addict. I think everyone is different but if You starts to get opiate withdrawals then You is taken too much and needs to take a break

12. am_k77

am_k77 Guest

Reputation Points:

Hi... Swim using codeine syrup (100-200ml) .... any combination someone suggest to get more high without increasing quantity of codeine .... and which easily available....

13. drguildo

drguildo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

There's quite a bit of information about codeine potentiators already been posted so I suggest You use the search engine to track it down.

14. Scottie.B

Scottie.B Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

I found this instructive article on the internet.
    SWIM may not posts links yet, so he'll just thank the Leda Lyceaum Organistation.

He hopes it helps them too.

15. TheBadMan

TheBadMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Regarding some things in that FAQ.
    The claim that 500 - 800 mg of codeine (whatever salt) is the "LD50" in humans is a complete load of BS. LD50 tests are not done on human beings, so at best, there are estimated doses.

It is not believed that codeine's euphorigenic properties may not be due to conversion to morphine, but to a glucuronide conjugate, codeine-6-glucuronide, produced by uridine diphosphate glucuronosyl transferase (UGT 2B7).
    Armstrong SC. and Cozza KL. Pharmacokinetic Drug Interactions of Morphine, Codeine and Their Derivatives: Theory and Clinical Reality, Part II. Psychosomatics. 44: 515 - 20. (2003)

Also, I have seen some claim that the "ceiling dose" for codeine is 600 mg, but have never seen any good reason to believe that this is the case.

16. Chewbaccanarcmailman

Chewbaccanarcmailman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.

Can codeine be smoked?

17. gitarmunky

gitarmunky Newbie

Reputation Points:

Hey, gitarmunky's pet mudkip here. I'm just wondering which drugs contain codeine, and what other stuff they may contain.

18. miggeth

miggeth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o

There are hundreds of different medications that contain codeine, it's the most commonly used opiate in the world. It's mostly used in pain relief tablets and cough syrup, both in small amounts. If any more than a small amount is needed it's usually prescribed by a doctor.

miggeth added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

No, high temperatures destroy it. I tried coating cigarettes in a codeine paste and it did practically nothing.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  19. LostAllFeeling

LostAllFeeling Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

tramadol is an entirely different beast. You would be wise not to abuse tramadol as the amount needed to feel any recreational effects puts a person very near dangerous levels with the additives in it. abusing tramadol is also something to be cautious about because tramadol lasts a very long time. I know from experience that tramadol gets stronger with time and off of one recreational dose of about 250 mg, a seven to eight hour duration can be expected. also Tramadol doesn't deliver intense highs like codiene, hydrocodone, or oxycodone. my favorites are hydros and oxys. You should be aware that tramadol leaves an interesting effect different from most opiates, but that it is very easy for bad things to happen on tramadol

20. StreetProphet

StreetProphet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

I am prescribed Tramadol for back pain and SWIM get's little to no recreational effect from it. I amn't brave enough to take more than 100mg at a time because of the risk of seizures. I would also advise you not to mix it with any other medications. SWIM can't take it with flexeril because it decreases the seizure threshhold. It works pretty well for pain, but it is still very addictive even if You doesn't get a "high" from it. The withdrawls in swim's experience is worse than other opiates.