Codeine compared to Oxycodone

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by methologist, May 1, 2007.

1. methologist

methologist

Reputation Points:
    For a while I have been taking oxycodone to help with some depressing issues and to deal with his anxieties. It actually works better than most of the anti-anxiety meds at doing this.

Anyways I was taking either 5mg or 7.5mg oxycodone pills twice a day. Then of course he ran out, now the only reliable source of anything online is Codeine.

The codeine pills contain 30mg codeine each. What amount of codeine should it take to reach a similar feeling like the 5 or 7.5mg oxycodone pills?

2. HandyMan81

HandyMan81 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Re: Codiene compared to Oxycodone

Oxycodone is similar to codeine and methadone in that it retains at least one-half of its analgesic activity when administered orally.

3. methologist

methologist

Reputation Points:

Yeah I has heard that codeine has more bioavailability when taken orally opposed to say morphine.

But how much codeine should be taken to mimic the effects of say 10mg of Oxycodone.

4. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:

There are opioid conversion charts online. Do a google search for one - it will show you exactly how doctors approximate the same thing you are wondering about here.
    I will look into getting one up here - If anyone knows of one we could use without copyright infringement please do post it.

5. methologist

methologist

Reputation Points:
    i did a search and boom you were right, approximatly 120-150mg codeine is equivilent to 15-20mg oxycodone.

If i remember correctly there was a post on a different site about turning codeine into oxycodone, pleas if anyone has a copy of this please post it or tell swim where to look

6. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points: