codeine sulphate insufflation?

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by thealexcometh, Apr 3, 2007.

1. thealexcometh

thealexcometh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    would it be possible, and more importantly, a good idea to insufflate if I had codeine sulphate with no other ingredients in it? Would the amount needed to reach the same point therefore be lower?

2. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Codeine is only orally active... This means it must be swallowed, Intranasal or "insufflation" of this substance doesnt produce much effect! You usually snort stuff if u need less snorted then 2 swallow... Meaning 2 get the effect of swallowing 60 mg of codein ud also have 2 snort all that.. This is a very big hassle.

3. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    ^True.

The bioavailability of Codeine is low as it is, and what one would need to do (as Codeine is a pro-drug) is to get it into the bloodstream and to the liver asap, as this is where the magick happens!
    Liver turns Codeine into Morphine (at ~10% conversion) et voila... you have your drug!

I know this may (or rather probably will) sound rather nasty to you, but (if looked at in a mature, non-homoerotic way) it could be a real alternative to oral administration...

Rectal administration! The thin skin of the anus allows the rapid absorption of Codeine into the bloodstream, getting the stuff into the blood more rapidly, to the liver more rapidly, and to the brain more rapidly.

Just a thought...

~Dark

4. JTC3889

JTC3889 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim extracted two pills via CWE 30 mg codiene each and snorted half of the amount, and felt some effect, but different than orally, so there seems to be some potential. any thoughts?

5. sknkv2

sknkv2 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Insufflation still allows it to reach the liver, but not as much of it reaches the liver as far as I am aware.

6. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Errr - I don't see how insufflation causes less to reach the liver, but meh.

7. lostribe

lostribe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have tried both methods of ingestion ( insnuffilation and bum shot) and SWIM DEFINITLY AGREES WITH DARK! It does hit faster and seems to hit alot harder as well may be due to the fact that there is no stomach acid eating away most of the dose. either way SWIM's reccomendation is to NEVER insnuffilate codeine sulphate! Unless you are a glutton for punishment and enjoy a burn worse than crystal meth! When I tried this it did not even come close to oral administration therefore SWIM considers insnuffilation absolutely useless, but if anyone out there is not going to heed the warnings...be sure to have a sinus rinsing kit handy. ;)