Coffee grinder?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Mikeologist, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Mikeologist

Mikeologist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I found a coffee grinder and used it to grind his bud and roll a nice joint. Swim's buddy claimed the grinder renders the weed pointless.

Anyone know anything about this?

2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Too much heat (which electric grinders can cause) isn't good for the active ingredients, but I think your friend is overstating the problem. It seems to me that one would lose a certain amount of the material if using a typical coffee grinder, because it's a bit large for the application. I would suggest trying an inexpensive hand grinder made just for cannabis, available in headshops.

3. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    I used to use a coffee grinder (not electrical) but stopped after realising that it took ages and ages to grind the weed completely, but it did a better job than alot of grinders. swim once got searched by the police with it on him which led to sum awkward questions...

Policeman "what's this?"

swim "a coffee grinder"

Policeman " why do you have it?"

swim "to grind coffee beans with"

4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Mikeologist is grinding away on a question: "Swim's buddy claimed the grinder renders the weed pointless."

What he MIGHT be thinking is: "If you powderize the Pot (instead of just grinding it up somwhat), that it makes it hard to smoke."

There is a BIG difference between just grinding, and pulverizing.

I have (tried) to smoke powder, and it's pretty hard to get a good Hit out of it.

5. starxcrost

starxcrost Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from haiti
    I used to use an electric coffee grinder regularly to pre-grind my green which I would then keep in a tightly closed tin. Using a coffee grinder only takes like 1 minute and there simply isn't enough time or heat to cause a significant loss of the active substance. You can also usually specify whether you want it to be coarsely ground or finely ground. Personally, I found the coarse grind to be most similar to using a hand grinder.

The benefit is convenience.

1. 4/5,
      A great first Post: Clear and informative.
      Oct 15, 2006
  6. TheWorldwideTryptanem

TheWorldwideTryptanem Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Pulverising your pot makes it more potent in the way that you can fit much more bud into your cone/bowl piece. It is completely useless for spliffs as it will roll too tight. A coffee grinder is absolutely essential if you're a regular bong smoker, unless you want to get athritis in your chopping hand.

Tags: