Opinions - Coffee or Tea?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Riconoen {UGC}, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Cofee

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. Tea

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Do you drink coffee or tea as your liquid stimulant of choice? I drink Earl Grey tea. choose your destiny. lol.

2. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    what about green tea?:p

3. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    if drinking tea SWIM drinks Earl Grey but this only happens literally less than 5 times per year, SWIM runs on coffee at least 5 cups a day sometimes 8, he knows its too many but hey he likes too many, was interesting spending a few weeks camping and coffee less a few years ago though.
    Its simple coffee whoops teas ass
    sitting on someones front step watching the sun come up with a coffee or whiskey when everyone else is asleep after the previous mashed night is the very best, with tea it just would not work. of course the fact I will spend the day relatively perky and hangover free through not submitting to sleep could also be an issue.
    coffee,coffee,coffee,coffee,coffee,coffee,coffee,coffee,coffee,coffee,coffee

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Coffee mainly. Used to be a tea-drinker but ever since discovering an espresso machine it's been kicked to the curb.

5. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I like both but find tea generally more refreshing.

6. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Community Dark Roast is the best damn coffee ever.

7. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    IRT swia

Green teas good sometimes, but earl grey with cream and sugar is one of best beverages ever.

8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Tea (black). Favorite is Tetley British Blend because (A) it's relatively low in caffeine and doesn't make me edgy, and (B) nice rich creamy flavor.

9. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    For everyday stimulant uses: Black Coffee. Best smell in the world first thing in the morning. 2 Cups of espresso blend cafetiere coffee and SWIJ is ready for anything.

For end of the night mashed purposes though SWIJ always goes for Assam Tea without milk. Lovely scent, gentle caffeine, delicate flavour. Coffee just wouldn't seem right in that situation (mainly because coffee's a wake up thing, and that's the last thing she wants to do in that situation!)

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    SWIM always thought of these "relaxing" teas as pretentious cannabis use. If anything it's just a placebo.

11. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim grew up with tea (he did grow up in an ex- British colony) and still has a strong taste for it. He is especially partial to Ceylon (or Sri Lankan to be politically correct) tea.

Sometimes creme, only a little sugar.

Coffee is fine and dandy but swim drinks it more for the caffeine than for the taste most of the time. If theres a good tea around he'll stick with that.

You need to go to Madrid. In the old quarter near the large royal gardens there is this Moroccan shisha place where they have this lovely tea you can order. Swim and some friends ordered one or two pots worth as it was really sweet and minty. They were about six to eight people and by the time the tea was gone everyone was nice and giddy, so they ordered more. After going through a few more pots everyone who had continued to drink the tea was downright fucked! People were acting like they were really high yet they weren't, just everything was funny as hell and people were giddy and hyperactive.

Could have been simple sugar + placebo mix, except that no one was expecting anything. Something about that mint taste that makes me wonder now.....

Damn sneaky Moroccans and their fabulous tea!

12. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Coffee for an energy boost, or after dinner.

Tea with chocolate/biscuits or when talking to friends between 12-5am.

I really like peppermint tea and drink at least a cup a day. I find it very relaxing and if that's just placebo then I guess I just love the taste.

Drank green tea for a while and I swear I felt the health benefits, the box is empty now, it was a temporary replacement for peppermint tea.

13. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Also I believe tea helps kill halitosis. Forgot what was in it that did that, but I'm fairly sure its true to some extent.

14. Lunar Loops

Lunar Loops Driftwood Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Well, livin in rural Ireland, you'd always have to be ready for another "cup o tay" even if you didn't want one. Coffee with it's dark and mysterious ways is to be viewed with a healthy dose of suspicion as it was surely concocted on the hob of Hades.

Well, good strong coffee first thing in the morning in an attempt to kick-start the sloth. For the rest of the day, if a hot beverage is required, it just has to be tea and of all the varieties, assam is the most delish.

15. ojos_de_brujo

ojos_de_brujo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Herb tea for me. A different one for a different hour of the day. No cream, no sugar.

Don't know why I don't drink coffee that often anymore. I like coffee to be extremely strong, and black, no sugar.

16. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    People who put milk/cream and sugar in coffee just don't really like coffee.

17. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Or maybe they want to spare their teeth? SWIM drinks his coffee black normally though. If he's forced to drink some crappy Maxwell House or the like, he drowns it in milk to kill the foul taste.

18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Coffee in the morning is fine - but very habit-forming. A cup after a good meal works to keep one from immediately contemplating bed. In the summer - iced-tea by the litre.

Waiter to Pervert: "Cream in your coffee, sir?"

Pervert to Waiter: "Not lately."

19. firewall

firewall Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As someone who has worked at several coffee shops in the United States, I am a huge fan of coffee. Typically, SWIM's preference is black coffee. Vibrantly light roasts are preferred, e.g., Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, Kenyan, and Tanzanian. SWIM also enjoys various medium roasts, e.g., Guatemalan. Dark roasts are only acceptable when espresso is desired, and in that case, lattes are the norm. Now and then I will add a bit of Ghirardelli chocolate to his lattes. I also like various kinds of tea. Slightly sweet Oregon Chai is a regular treat.

20. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swia used to love black coffee in the morning a couple of years back, but stopped due to stomach discomfort. she loved the taste and hated it at same time as it used to make her kinda shitty afterwards it was nice and also compelling to repeat the experience.

Tags: