Addiction - Coffee

Discussion in 'Caffeine & Coffee' started by Creeping Death, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I think that coffee is a new habit of mine. I never drank it before, but now i have a cup daily at school. The days are long, and it's relaxing to have a tasty cup of coffee during the break. It also makes you more awake and helps make the day more bearable.

It can also remove some of the "stoney" feeling after you smoke pot.

Who likes coffee?Edited by: Creeping Death

2. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    yup its my addiction for yrs....one question though,wtf has this have to do w marijuana?!?

3. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Wow, i guess i habitually klicked on the weed forum [​IMG]

4. Cure20

Cure20 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from Canada

That's funny. But in comment to your post I have been drink coffee for around 4 years now eveyday, not to wake up in the morning or anything, just when I am having a break or trying to relax much like poeple do when they have a cup of tea. I have noticed that sometimes I catch myself saying I "NEED" a cup. Generally I will have a cup around 3pm or so everyday because that is when I get my first break and I have began to notice that if I skip that cup because I am too busy then I develop a teribble headache.

So I think that I am addicted.

5. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yea this is quite out of place, perhaps one of the mods will be kind enough to move it. Anyways, coffee has been my vice since the age of 14. It gave me a small kick during the work day, and to be honest, the day seems to go by a little bit easier with a few cups of coffee. Anymore though actually seems to make me feel burned out and tired.

If coffee is addictive, than I definately am an addict. it's not a problematic addiction, however, because it's effects are useful and i am a slightly more efficient worker because of it. There is a reason that every office in america has a coffee machine. It's the United States drug of choice. I have recently decided to cut down my intake of coffee though. I have been having slight stomach discomfort which could be from ulcers [​IMG]

6. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    caffeine is physically addictive,but the actual withdrawal symptoms are not so harsh,just tiredness,headaches,etc...

ive tried to quit a couple of times,but never actually succeeded,its funny actually

7. george

george Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i like coffee, especially espresso, due to its taste and strength.
    in my opinion coffee is a nice stimulant, (not very strong). in order to avoid irritation, fatigue and headaches i "must" have coffee all day long, to keep me going and to enjoy its taste as well.
    decaf sucks!

by the way i like green tea very much tooEdited by: george

8. moonshine

moonshine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have to say I enjoy drinking coffee myself. I drink like 4 or 5 cups a day! I just love the taste and all you know. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it, for I have gone a day or two without drinking a single cup. I guess I have in my head I can't get addicted to anything. Nothing is addicting to me, anyway.

9. george

george Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nothing is addicting to you?
    Well you lucky bastard!

Keep it that way, I would say [​IMG]

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Coffee is useful for getting up in the morning but it tends to dehydrate me a bit. I'm more of a tea drinker.

11. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I love the taste of coffee, but I hate the inevitable caffeine "crash". Solution: decaf!

12. bandito

bandito Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Heh, seems like i'm not the only one with a coffee addiction... I drink far too much, all my friends used to think it washilarious. I've started to infect them though, pushing strong cups of coffee on them all the time...[​IMG] If there's onlyone drug i canprepare well, it's a cup of coffee. [​IMG]

Does anyone know what sort of damage coffee can do, if any? I drink way over 5 cups a day most days. I know it dehydrates me, but doing this day in day out, whats the dangers?

*slurp*

13. Geeza

Geeza Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, I am also addicted to coffee. If he doesn't drink it he gets fatigued, cloudy-headed, unable to concentrate, spaced-out, irritable, not to mention the headaches!

Coffee is dehydrating because it's a diuretic, although, swi-methinks, not as much as alcohol. If You is drinking more than 5 cups a day (like swim) or needing to piss all the time like a night at the boozer then the best thing to do is drink more water or fruitjuice. Or cut down.

but then again I am no doctor

14. Tony Williams

Tony Williams Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    96 y/o from U.S.A.
    I am like this with tea, I find rather than make one drink, SWIM makes 2/3 drinks them and makes more. At least I will have some anti-oxidents.

15. HighParadise

HighParadise Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I love coffee buuuut.....

CUT THE SWIM CRAP! We're discussing a legal drug.

16. Greenport

Greenport Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I used to drink an energy drink every day before class years ago. T'was horrible for me, I know but hey, guess sleeping just didn't fit into my schedule :p

I like coffee and I like to drink it - love the caffeine - but it makes me nauseous every time so I can't drink lots of it.

17. 0utrider

0utrider Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from tajikistan
    coffe is actually not dehydrating, afaik its a myth. caffeine sure is (or something else in coffe) but drinking a "normal strenght" coffee still takes in more water than it removes, actually a lot more, one would not die if he would only drink coffee, as an example, of dehydration, thats just a legend.. for green/white/black tea anyway.. just think about it

18. High Flyer

High Flyer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Australia
    My walrus drinks 4-5 cups a day and feels very down if he doesn't.

So yeah, I guess you could say he is addicted to coffee.

High Flyer added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Also, he finds it messes with his urinary functions a lot too. He urinates probably 12-18 times a day.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009