color of dmt ?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by adzket, Sep 6, 2006.

1. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    swim whent to london last week and meet one of his old hippyish friends and dealers. he told swim about dmt I said he ew bout it but never had the chance to do it as there chem is not upto scratch. anyway they where offerd a pinkish cristal they turned it down as they where going out that night but also I thought dmt was more orange is this the case as thats how it looks to swim on erowid. sould swim maybe have tryed it after all he has wanted to for many yrs now?

2. Benzhead

Benzhead Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Maybe.

SWIM'll factor out you's readiness for a hyper-spacial excursion ;)

SWIM's simple rhyming rule(modified to meet forum rules):

If I don't know the source,
    he denies the dose, of course.

That said, You should try and look at some powdered M. hostilis rootbark. There is a lot of pinkish material in the raw bark.

It is not unreasonable to speculate that an extraction starting with all, or mostly all, the pinkish material might end up with a 'pinkish-in-color' crudely extracted product.

Hopefully, 'someone who isn't' that has done a M. hostilis extraction can add some color(sorry for the awful pun) to this discussion.

As I have not done a full extraction using this plant matter, it remains a matter of pure speculation, as noted above.

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    DMT, when pure, is a colorless (white) crystalline powder. Orange-red DMT signifies it is synthetic and impure. Back in the 1960's, most DMT encountered was synthetic and orange-red. Only recently has mostly colorless DMT been appearing. This from extracting plant materials.

4. TheAngryGolfer

TheAngryGolfer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Theres a possibility that what you were offered was actually synthetically produced DMT.

Pure DMT is a colorless crystal.

extracted DMT that is not purified can be yellow or even orange. this is from plant impurities.

From what I have read about it, synthetic DMT can have a pinkish tint. I would assume this is from impurities from the synthesis. obviously DMT produced from plant and synthetic sources will have different impurities. I have never even seen a picture of synthetic DMT. except maybe that picture of the huge clear crystal on erowid.

5. magic clown

magic clown Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Swim used to buy DMT 5/6 years ago and it was brown goo, sticky, looked like ear wax. Now I find DMT to be white crystaline neadles. Does anybody know what and where the ear wax stuff came from?

6. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM's first DMT was also like earwax. Tasted like it some ways as well...

I have been successful in an extraction with Mimose Hostilis Rootbark and theorizes that waxy version of the spice was from an extraction process that wasn't as good as the marsofold tek at limiting the alkaloids extracted. Alt idea is that the substance was extracted from a plant material that contained a lot of fats that weren't stripped out of the final product.

SWIM's extract is the same slightly golden translucent color as a synth lab sample that is about a decade old. I used a naptha evap, and did not do the wash. But LCMS, UV Vis and NMR tests comparing the lab sample to the extract confirmed SWIM's sample to as pure as the tests can resolve, and identical to the lab sample's profiles in all three tests.