Question - Combination psilocybine/weed and potentiation or adverse effects

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Pjotr777, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Pjotr777

Pjotr777 A succubus, my nighttime guest. Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from the Cosmos
    Hi,

Probably it has been covered before but I cant find it. Its about combining weed with mushrooms (or truffels). Will it enhance or kill the trip, enhance creativity or any other side effects?

2. Josh Carlton

Josh Carlton Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Michigan
    I want to preface this by saying that the combination of marijuana and psychedelics tends to be unpredictable, and can lead to negative experiences at a higher rate than using psychedelics alone, if done incorrectly.

That being said, I absolutely love the combination of mushrooms and marijuana, and I think the two combine much better than, for instance, marijuana and LSD.

Combining weed and mushrooms absolutely enhances the trip. It boosts visuals, the body highs synergize, and the mental effects become more intense as well. It is an amazing combination.

However, it is best to smoke weed after you have reached the peak. Smoking during the come-up, or early in the peak, can intensify effects so rapidly that it can cause anxiety, paranoia, and bad trips. Smoking late in the peak, or during the come-down, on the other hand, can make for an amazing experience. I suggest waiting at least two hours into the mushroom trip, then starting to smoke. Rather than smoking a large amount in a short period of time, smoke a little bit, allow it to kick in, then smoke some more, and repeat until you get the desired effects.

Smoking marijuana during the trip can make it harder to hold a consistent line of thought. But the body highs of the two drugs synergize extremely well, with the heaviness of the mushrooms and the relaxation of the marijuana. Furthermore, the visuals become far more colorful and gain a great deal of depth, becoming more three dimensional. As the visuals become deeper, I find it easy to be drawn into them and become fascinated by the patterns.

Marijuana and mushrooms will also likely boost creativity, but as I mentioned earlier, may make it harder to hold a cohesive thought pattern. I find this combination to also be one of the funniest I have ever experienced, and makes everything seem funnier to me (including everything I say).

I strongly recommend this combination, as long as you wait until the ladder half of the trip to smoke. Also, if you are already having a difficult experience on the mushrooms, marijuana will likely compound this problem.

Finally, I want to say that this is a great combination to take around a small group of other people, mainly because it makes me feel extremely euphoric and empathetic and I like sharing that with other people.

Perhaps the only classic psychedelic that mixes better with marijuana than mushrooms is mescaline. In my opinion, LSD does not combine as well with marijuana as these others, although it can certainly still be enjoyable. In fact, I prefer taking LSD on its own with nothing else, while I prefer taking mushrooms with marijuana.

3. SiR

SiR Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from North America
    In my experience it's just like adding a Cannabis high ontop of the effects of the mushrooms but I also smoke Cannabis everyday and handle it extremely well but someone who is not like that could have different effects. I have seen alot of reports over the years of people saying Cannabis can intensely make trips stronger and while this is not my experience it seems to be reported by alot of people who don't use Cannabis alot. While I was on shrooms I did not really feel the "need" to use Cannabis as much as I usually do but when I did I think that the Cannabis high did not last as long or I was "distracted" from it by the mushrooms effects, there are other reports from people with similar experiences when combining something with mushrooms.

And in my own opinion I think mushrooms when compared to other psychedelics are not as euphoric so Cannabis might help boost any negative emotions/thoughts that come about. That being said if you don't have experience with Cannabis or commonly get paranoid from Cannabis it could intensely effect your trip but health-wise there are no adverse effects of the combination besides being so messed up you do something dangerous which is why it's important to have a trip sitter who is sober and somewhat experienced with substances to make sure everything goes smoothly or to calm you down if things go bad or emotional. Creativity wise I think mushrooms is a "thinking trip" and Cannabis helps enhance that effect. I find Cannabis especially useful on the comeup of Mushrooms cause for me personally the comeup is very uncomfortable until the peak sets in.

4. SirDabathin

SirDabathin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    19 y/o from Michigan, United States
    If you want too take into account the effects of a mushroom and cannabis combo just search the website for Cannabis/Psylicibon trip reports.

Another method is by trying mushrooms on its own once or twice. Just so you can gauge its affects with the least drug induced viewpoint. Then follow through with the combo once you feel confident to do so.

Ever sense I started tripping I have smoked cannabis right before I peaked to elevate the experience, really never saw a problem with it. In fact the only time I didn't I felt a bit underwhelmed, but not completely dissatisfied.

I know this is your opinion, but from the mushroom experiences that I have had, psylicibon brings a fuck ton more visuals to the table then lets say LSD. I do believe; however, that mushrooms have a concrete thinking aspect to it as well. You learn a lot from such experiences.

5. SiR

SiR Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from North America
    I would definitely agree with you but that could just be dosing then the substance itself but in my own experience I would say mushrooms can bring visuals easier then LSD but also In my experience LSD is alot more "goofy" and euphoric where its sometimes hard to focus or you get distracted/jumping thoughts easily but both bring an experience and make you think.

6. JnglJnke

JnglJnke Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I always smoke when I'm tripping. I've never had it affect my trip adversely. I smoke throughout the trip. If it's a high enough dose I don't smoke during the peak but that's because I'm too distracted by the trip to think about it. I have never seen anyone have a bad reaction from smoking during a trip either.

That's only based on my experiences though. It doesn't mean it can't happen to you because everyone is different.

There's only one way to find out. Take a puff and see what you think. If you like it smoke away. If you don't like it don't smoke any more.

7. Kaleb

Kaleb Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I always smoke when I trip. Before, during and after. I've never had any negative experiences from the combo but I am very very experienced. I would advise you only take three tokes of Cannabis if you're unsure, wait 10-15 minutes, see how you feel and take it from there.