Combinations - Combining Alcohol with Anti-emetics

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Fantasian, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIF find due to his tolerance of alcohol being quite low and him generally not enjoying the feeling of being drunk that he rarely drinks.

As a change he wants to try and have a big night, he wondered whether if he takes antiemetics like cyclizine or ondansetron prior to alcohol ingestion he will get the altered mindset of drunkeness without the horrible dizziness and nausea.

Any input appriciated

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    You may find this to be the case, but You may also find that he could get really drowsy too. Dont know about cyclizine, but alot of the related drugs have drowsiness as a side effect. If SWIF is going to do this, please start with very low doses of each, as he doesnt want to get too delerious, or too drunk if he's not feeling the nausea. Its easy to think "hey, why not keep drinking if I'm not falling over yet?" and thats a trap SWIF should avoid. However this lab rat is confident that SWIF will use his head and take it slow.

3. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Yeh SWIF will treat it like a drug in the sense he'll define a maximum dosage of alcohol before the night starts. Will update post usage to tell effects.

4. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Diphenhydramine HCL (Benadryl) is basically them same chemical as dimenhydrinate (Dramamine), which is just diphenhydramine with a stimulant attached. My test subject once took ten of these tablets (250mg) while drunk off his ass (don't ask - it was during his self-destructive period), so I believe it's safe to take one or two of these with alcohol.

On the other hand, taking an anti-emetic with alcohol seems dangerous to me. If you get drunk enough to hurl, chances are that your body really needs to get rid of the excess. Better just to release it, I think.

ECL