1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - Combining Chamomile, Tilia Estella, Valerian, and Nutmeg as a tea

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by FrankTheBunny, Jun 29, 2013.

1. FrankTheBunny

FrankTheBunny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I thought i'd try combining these things since I have them all available. I have Sleepytime Extra Wellness Tea, I thought I'd just add a tablespoon of Nutmeg to enhance the feeling.

Can there be an adverse interaction between these things? Has anyone tried this combination or something similar?

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Your dosing sounds off here. You want to use commercial tea bags? Those are each a gram, and I am going to suspect contain very little valerian if they taste good. A tablespoon of nutmeg is at least a few grams, no?

This sounds gross with no real value. Too little of anything to be potent, just gross tasting.

It's not going to hurt you. Has this tea had any effects on it's own? Have you consumed large quantities?

I want some "Extra Wellness"!

3. malsat

malsat Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Seems a bit pointless; the nutmeg will take at least four hours to come on, and will probably make the tea taste horrible. I rather like the taste of fresh nutmeg, but I would not include it in a beverage like this.