Combinations - Combining Kratom and Alprazolam

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by allyourbase, Dec 5, 2006.

1. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am an on/off user of xanax, and recently after a short (1year) abstention began using kratom as well. recently SWIM halfway through a kratom experience consumed one 2 mg xanax wafer (purepac). now I would normally feel this, but this strong benzodiazapine had virtually NO effect. anyone have similar experiences, or perhaps a theory involving kratoms pharmacology? I understand it has a stimulant element. but I have never consumed a small enough amount to experience such.

2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: kratom and xanax

my used alprazolam on occasion for years, and kratom daily for over a year, and has not noticed any difference in his response to alprazolam. .5mg still does exactly what SWIM expects it to do.

3. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: kratom and xanax

well it only seems to happen while the effects of kratom are still occuring. if I wait until after the kratom experience the xanax is felt fine, but while on kratom it gives virtually no effect.

4. tayo

tayo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  5. Stuck

Stuck Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    xanax plus kratom?

SWIM just got prescribed xanax for anxiety. I am a regular kratom user and usually takes a 1/3 or 1/2 tsp of enhanced bali (equal to roughly 1.5 to 2 tsp of regular bali) on a daily basis. I was hoping it would be safe to take a smaller dose of kratom along with maybe .25 to .5mg of xanax. Have any of You ever tried this before?

6. RxPosterChild

RxPosterChild Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: xanax plus kratom?

I was using .25mg of Xanax with about a teaspoon of SEK Bali and felt no complications. In fact the Kratom actually added to SWIM's experience, making it slightly more euphoric. Recommended to you.

7. Stuck

Stuck Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I have been mixing xanax with kratom every day for a week now. I am posting the results here incase any of You are wondering.

.25mg + 1/2 tsp of EB = nice euphoria of the eb enhanced by xanax
    .5mg + 1/2 tsp of EB = AWESOME euphoria, but an hour or two later I am sleepy as shit
    .75mg + 1/2 tsp of EB = swim falls asleep as soon as he lie down. swim NEEDS sleep, nothing else on his mind.

keep in mind I am starting from no alprazolam tolerance. in conclusion I would say that it is safe. theres no reason to go above .5mg of xanax if You are at the same kratom threshold as swim, unless swiy's alprazolam tolerance is high or You lowers the kratom dose...or unless You wants to fall asleep.

edited for the 5th amendment ;)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  8. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

If long-term use is being considered, please think about the fact that dealing with two dependencies is more than twice as bad as dealing with one. I say that from experience, and has had dependencies on both of the drugs in question.

9. Stuck

Stuck Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

agreed .

10. H2SO4

H2SO4 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Czech Republic
  11. Fanatexe

Fanatexe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yesterday my friend who is very new to benzos, mixed alprazolam with his normal dose of kratom.

He has only done small doses of alprazolam 5 times, first two times 0.5mg, next two 1mg, another 2mg. So still very inexperienced.

Yesterday he took 50mg of hydroxyzine at 8am, at 9am he took 1mg of alprazolam, then at 10:30am he took 5 grams of green vein indo kratom(regular crushed leaf)

By noon my friend noticed the slightest hint of euphoria, but then 15 minutes later was followed by an extreme warm feeling comparable to a stronger opiate, and he got super chatty with people for the next hour or so.

Overall, even though I wouldn't necessarily reccomended it, my friend had a very good time with this three things combined.

Note: he's prescribed hydroxyzine for minor anxiety treatment.

12. KerrKoll

KerrKoll Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This experience sounds pretty odd to me; I love kratom for the safety it yields and having the ability to mix it with benzos. I typically mix kratom with lorazepam, preceded with gabapentin. The combo has always provided me with a very, very pleasing outcome. It very well could vary person to person, as that seems to be the only constant among drug interactions, but that it my experience. I wouldn't give up on the attempt if you haven't tried it yet and are reading this for guidance.

13. chronicroaster

chronicroaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Michigan, U.S.A.
    Today Pennington who has been a daily kratom user for over 2 years,smokes marijuana about once a week and used to take a lot of benzos(alprazolam,clonazepam,diazepam,etizolam,lorazepam) and abstinent from them for 2 months, took: alprazolam 1.5mg+ 30 minutes later a kratom dose of 3 grams of red borneo, 2.5 grams of green borneo to equal 5.5 grams of kratom in total.

0:20 minutes. Pennington felt the xanax start to kick in about theminute mark because of an empty stomach, very relaxed since a benzo hasn't been had in 2 months.
    0:25 2 hits of some marijuana his friend brought from california. Super chilled out and very stoned now.
    0:30 The kratom was taken by Pennington in warm water with lemon juice, followed with a glass of spirte, took two tums half hour before also.
    1:00 Kratom is starting to kick in with a warm euphoria, feels just like a kratom buzz but with a little extra kick from xanax presumably. Xanax is fully working. Penning feels the kratom doesn't make the xanax effects diminish by any degree and mixing xanax with kratom is a nice buzz, but pennington wouldn't take as much xanax as people usually do since you are mixing it, take 2/3 of your normal dose. Pennington usually takes 2.5mg when just consuming xanax alone.

14. mrtpitydafoo

mrtpitydafoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Earth
    Mr T, who is also new to benzos is a kratom user of 2 years, 30-50 grams per day. Not proud, and yes keeping in mind T takes (way) more than the average person, have lately after work, taken 1 mg alprazolam tabs.

The feeling is relaxed, but since trying to watch Mr T's kratom usage, T does not feel as 'happy' from the kratom but it does a great job for Mr T's joint pain and to relive anxiety.

Perhaps others could answer this, a particular vendor had one hip meant of Bali that was a little too much. If Mr T took her regular dose, it would work to keep my body aches away and withdrawal symptoms away (runny eyes, nose, restlessness) but too much of a head high making it no fun and all anxiety. Which was balanced out by alprazolam. Any idea what happened?

Will post Mr T's experience later tonight with either alprazolam or it's ugly red headed sister clonazapam so other foo's have the info and hopefully the help they are looking for.

Would love to hear others responses, this is also a question Mr T has been fooling with ;)

15. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Please speak plainly in first person, there is no need to be silly.

You don't seem to like that strain. I don't really think there is some chemical thing going on.

Those are huge doses, you need to scale back.

16. baselined

baselined Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Like potter stated, those are massive doses. There is a logarithmic dose-response curve to kratom, that is there is only so much kratom you can take until it becomes ineffective. And, at a certain point, taking more kratom degrades the effect because of the antagonistic alkaloid present in the leaf.

Consider tapering down your doses. Less is truly more with kratom